FORTY

Friday I'm In Love

  ❝Thursday doesn't even start,
It's Friday I'm in love.❞  

Mystic Falls was a small, tranquil town to most and in some cases, it cannot be located on a map. However, to a select few, they know all about the secrets that lie under the surface. Supernatural beings that walk the streets, day and night. Mystic Falls was always prepared for the various monstrosities that threatened its people, but it would never be prepared for the villain that was Esmeralda the Infernum Witch.

"When are you meeting her?" Jasmine nervously played with her fingers as she attempted to eat her breakfast in the kitchen with Damon. He seemed unfazed and unworried whereas Jasmine was ridden with anxiety and apprehension.

"Noon, had any spooky visions that I should be concerned about?" Damon asked the fatum psychic. Jasmine chewed her lip then met Damon's eyes that gave everything away. "Normally I would hate to have a vision but the fact that I've had none is.. frightening." Jasmine paused to think of the right word to describe how she was feeling.

"Good morning Jazzy!" Kai's obnoxiously loud voice travelled through the boarding house and into the kitchen, interrupting Damon and Jasmine's short lived conversation. Jasmine couldn't help but smile when the heretic appeared in the kitchen after returning from spending the night at their old house.

Damon refused to let Jasmine and Malachai sleep in the same house, nevermind the same room and was adamant that Malachai stayed in the old house that Jasmine and Kai both used to live in. Kai was reluctant to leave his Jasmine alone at the Salvatore Boarding House but nonetheless obliged to the vampire's orders.

"Good morning, Kai." She grinned, feeling the butterflies detonate inside of her stomach and her heart pound against her chest. "You both make me sick." Damon rolled his eyes. Kai cheekily raised a brow at Jasmine, who just stifled a giggle.

"I don't know if you recall but I had to sit through every sickening, lovey dovey moment that you and Elena shared." Kai retorted sassily. Leaning over the table, the boy snatched a slice of toast from the plate that Damon and Jasmine were sharing. Damon winced at the mention of Elena, and it hurt all the more that Kai was the one saying her name.

"Damon Salvatore!" A shrill voice interrupted whatever sneer that was about to escape Damon's lips when the blonde vampire and Bennett witch stormed their way into the kitchen. 

"Why has Stefan called to tell me that you've arranged to meet the infernum witch that is wreaking havoc in our town?" Caroline glared at the raven haired vampire.

"Have you gone insane? She's a witch from Hell and you're arranging to go on coffee dates with her?" Caroline ranted on with herself whilst Bonnie glared at both Jasmine and Malachai. 
"What is he doing here?" Bonnie's eyes turned to slits as she glared at the heretic who had practically ruined her life. 

"Bonster, don't be like that." Kai smirked at the Bennett witch which for some unknown reason, boiled Jasmine's blood. She was jealous, she was jealous that Kai had a nickname for Bonnie, she was jealous that he was smirking at her and she was jealous that she would never be Bonnie Bennett.

"Why don't we just invite the whole of Mystic Falls to the kitchen?" Jasmine muttered bitterly under her breath as she sipped on her orange juice. Kai turned to face Jasmine with amused eyes, he knew that she was jealous, it was practically radiating off of her.

"He shouldn't be here! Have you seen how Alaric's doing, Damon? Knowing that the man that murdered his wife is walking around freely again. How about Tyler? Having to live with the knowledge that the reason his girlfriend is dead has been resurrected. And you, allowing for him to live after what he's done to all of us and especially you and Bonnie, taking Elena from us." Caroline spat venomously.

"Hello? I'm right here." Kai held out his hand and waved at both Caroline and Bonnie but they both ignored him and carried on glaring at Damon.

"And how can you allow your own family to be with that monster?" Caroline hissed the last part but it was no use Jasmine and Kai had both heard her words. They were bound to hear her, it was ridiculous that she even thought they wouldn't have. 

The scraping of the chair interrupted their argument and all eyes turned to face Jasmine who was now standing up with tears brimming in her eyes and her arms sternly folded across her stomach.

"It must be lonely up there, Caroline. Sitting up there on your moral high ground. If I don't recall you're the one who freakin' slept with the enemy, who by the way has killed thousands more people, including Elena, than Kai ever will. I love Kai, so what? A smart man once said 'Don't underestimate the allure of darkness. Even the purest of hearts are drawn to it.' And I think we both know, Caroline, that it applies to more than one of us."

"H-How do you know all that?"

"Call it psychic intuition." Jasmine sassed before finally marching out of the kitchen with Kai following close behind with a huge smile plastered upon his face. "Jazzy! Woah, I never knew you had that in you. It was hot." Kai was amazed that Jasmine was capable of all the pent up rage and he couldn't deny that he wasn't attracted to it, Jasmine's cheeked flushed a crimson red at thought of Kai thinking that she was hot.

"She had it coming. I couldn't handle her judgy stares and comments for any longer." Jasmine threw herself dramatically on the sofa in the library, where her and Kai seemed to spend most of their time. Kai flopped down next to her, staring at her in admiration.

The way her short, ebony curls framed her pale face elegantly. The way her perfectly plucked eyebrows furrowed when she was confused. The way her eyes crinkled when she laughed. The way her piercing blue eyes made his skin feel like it was on fire. He adored it all and he couldn't deny the growing feelings he had for the girl.

"Are you anxious about today?" Jasmine wondered aloud, looking up to face Kai who was already staring down at her worried face.

"Not unless you are." He told her honestly.

"I'm worried that you are going to get hurt." She simply replied, tucking herself underneath Kai's arm, somewhere where she felt safest.

"You're worried about my safety? Rather than your own?" Kai was astounded how a girl who should resent him for kidnapping her and holding her hostage, could be worried about his safety.

"Of course I am, Kai. I care about you."

"That's the thing Jazzy. How can you? I'm just an abomination and I've almost killed you more than once! I kidnapped you, stole you away from your perfect life and now you can't even live your life in your own body because of me." Jasmine untangled herself from Kai's embrace and stared at him in disbelief, she hated how Kai always thought so poorly of himself.

Yes he was a sociopath and she would never ever attempt to excuse his past actions yet she also in a way could justify them. Malachai Parker was treated like vermin when growing up and his self esteem every single day was chipped away at by his own family and now all that was left was an empty void inside of him, instead of heart. But with the help of Jasmine and Jasmine alone, he was finding himself again and all the abuse and anguish from the past was becoming just a distant memory.

"Kai Parker. You are not an abomination. And I've forgiven you for everything because in my heart, I know that you had that awful curse that Esmeralda had put on you to make you only feel two of the most violent emotions known to man. I don't know how many times I have to tell you, I don't care about what you did to people before me, I only want to know the you now and the you in years to come."

"I don't know what I did to deserve you Jazzy."

Wow Wo wWOW WOWOW there is only one chapter left and then it's the epilogue. I cannot believe that I will be finishing my second book on here and I can't begin to explain my gratitude to all of you that vote on every single chapter and comment such kind things because you are the people that make me want to come post my writing on here.

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment!!