TWENTY ONE

Dirty Harry

I need a gun,
Because all I do is dance.

Jasmine trembled in the middle of the room as Stefan entered at the call of his brother. Jasmine didn't know what to do, if she ran she was worried if it would draw attention to herself. She knew that they couldn't see her but could they hear her erratic heartbeat or her laboured breathing?

"They were looking for something whoever they were." Stefan observed with a perplexed expression at the state of the room. Jasmine was going to put it all back to normal once she had searched the whole room but she hadn't realised that the two Salvatores would come home so soon.

"What if they're still here?" Damon enquired, searching the entirety of the room whilst Jasmine remained out his way. She wasn't scared of him, in fact all she wanted was for Damon to see her and take her home but she was loyal to Kai now and she couldn't break the compulsion of her loyalty to Kai.

Stefan disappeared to his room where Kai was currently searching but she assumed that with his vampire hearing that he already knew that they were here. Damon furrowed his eyebrows as he glanced around the room, feeling the presence of somebody but nobody was there to claim the presence.

"Jazzy!" Malachai hissed from the doorway snapping the girl out of her trance as she admired Damon. She turned to face him with wide eyes and the expression of a dear caught in headlights. "We have to get out of here." As if on cue Jasmine felt another wave of nausea flood her body and she felt as if she was going to blow chunks any second.

"Don't you dare Jazzy." Kai warned, edging towards the girl who had her hand firmly clasped around her mouth trying to keep down the black liquid that was relentless. He grabbed hold of her free hand before ushering her quickly out of the room and into the hall where she couldn't hold it back anymore.

Jasmine vomited onto the wooden flooring and the rug at which Kai groaned at, she mumbled a quick apology. He helped down the hallway but she was growing weaker by each step after being out of bed for so long. "Kai- Kai I don't think I can-" Black dots clouded her vision before she collapsed into his arms.

"You do pick your moments Jazzy," Kai grumbled before throwing the girl's body over his shoulder and sauntered out of the Salvatores house without any suspicion but still empty handed without the Original Hybrid's blood. Kai was frustrated that they still wasn't a step closer to curing the girl who was over his shoulder but he remained calm.

When he finally reached home he was exhausted from cloaking the two of them despite it being only noon. He put Jasmine back in her bed before going into bed himself but he couldn't sleep knowing that girl who was making him feel again was dying every second that they didn't have the cure to whatever was running through her veins.

He debated contacting Christian to beg for a cure or plead for her life but he knew that Christian was not that sort of man and he would only resort to that as a last resort. He debated taking Jasmine to the Mikaelsons for some of the blood but it would be too risky for exposure and then he even considered taking her to Salvatores for help and ruin the whole plan but Esmerelda would have their heads on spikes.

He tossed and turned in his bed for some sort of solution but the only one he had was to go back to the Salvatores and search for the vials of Klaus Mikaelson blood himself and leave Jasmine to rest but the idea of being caught haunted him like a poltergeist.

"Kai?" Jasmine stood at the doorway now changed into a pair of sweatpants but still the same t-shirt she had put on before. She looked physically and mentally drained and it made Malachai's stomach drop at the sight of her. 

"Jazzy?" He stared at the girl with his sleepy eyes but she remained stood at the doorway.

"I've been doing some thinking and I've accepted that there is no cure for whatever Christian injected me with so I'm willing to let you use it for your revenge." Jasmine spoke with a sadness that couldn't ever be described, a sadness that knew of your pending death. A sadness that was so deep and dark that it scared Kai if he ever had the opportunity to feel it such a said emotion.

"What? What are you talking about? We're going to try the Mikaelson blood and we're going to try everything!" Kai clenched his fists trying to hold back a temper from not wanting to upset the girl anymore than she already was. 

"Kai-"

"No, Jasmine. No. This wasn't the plan and I don't want you to endure another minute or even second of it." Kai had gotten up from his bed now slightly more pissed off than he initially was. "Kai, it's not your decision to make. It's my life and it's my final decision." Jasmine folded her arms across her torso but not to be intimidating but because she felt vulnerable.

"It isn't your decision to make, think how your parents would feel when they find out you gave up so easily."

"They wouldn't have to find anything out if you hadn't took me in the first place!" She shrieked, silencing the two. The pain in her shout was so audible to Kai that he almost felt even more guilty than he already did. Jasmine had tears streaming down her cheeks and Kai was choking on his words not knowing what to say.

"Jazzy-"

"No, Kai."

"Jazzy come here." Kai rolled his eyes, Jasmine eyed him suspiciously before reluctantly going over to join him on the bed. He wrapped an arm around her, shocking them both, and just held her tight as she let out small sobs into his white t-shirt.

 "I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have to. You're the only one who has been able to tolerate me for longer than a month and you're the only one I haven't wanted to gut with a knife repeatedly." Jasmine let out a small laugh into his chest.

"You're my Jazzy and I won't stop until I get you that cure." He gazed down into her light brown orbs smiling slightly at the girl. He had a soft spot for her which was infuriating not only him but the infernum witch that was struggling to remain calm down in Hell. 

She freed Kai from Hell under one condition that he would get revenge on the Salvatores by killing their distant relative Jasmine Woods.

Esmeralda specified that Jasmine had to die and the way that Kai was softening to the brunette was ruining her plot to destroy the Salvatore brothers. If Kai couldn't do the job then she would finish the job herself.

I can't believe my first exam is a week today, I'm so nervous. Thank you so much for reading this, I love you all and thank you for your votes and comments.