THIRTY TWO

Suck It and See

 ❝You're rarer than a can of dandelion and burdock
And those other girls are just Postmix lemonade.❞  

"Jasmine! Where are you going?" Jasmine couldn't stand being in that Salvatore Boarding House for much longer. The room was spinning and she felt like she was being suffocated by their judging stares. She was going to find Malachai with or without the help of the Salvatores or their judgy friends.

"To find Kai." The girl stomped out into the drive in a hospital gown but she didn't care, all that she cared about was locating Kai. She winced everytime her bare foot brushed against something sharp but she ventured on whilst ignoring the shouts of Damon. He knew better than to follow her, if he wanted to gain any type of relationship with the girl than he had to back off and wait for her to be ready.

Deep down Jasmine wanted to know her family, they may be distant relatives but they were the only distant relatives that Jasmine had left. Damon could never tell his distant niece that he was the reason that she didn't have a brother anymore but he could replace the hole in her heart where Zach Salvatore should be. He owed it to Zach more than anybody else.

Disappearing into the forest, Damon watched Jasmine be enveloped by the green leaves. He had no idea where she was going nor did Jasmine, she just followed a gut instinct and that was the only fuel she had. Everything felt different for Jasmine while she was in Winona's body, she saw the world in a new light. Green leaves were brighter, sunshine was lighter and the air felt cleaner, every single second was a new experience for her. 

She traced the bark on the trees with her delicate fingers, it feeling entirely new to her. As if she had been reborn, although she was the same girl in a different body, she couldn't help but feel she was a new person all together. 

Jasmine halted when she felt the atmosphere change once entering Mystic Falls Cemetery and she came face to face with the Salvatore Crypt. Her gut instinct told her to go inside; technically it  was her tomb too but the way it loomed over her as if it was taunting her. She shook away the pathetic thought and cautiously entered the crypt.

A figure was staring down at an open casket, a figure that she would recognise always. "Kai? What are you doing here?" Jasmine questioned, approaching him then gasped when she stared down in the casket to see her own body in there.

Jasmine's long brown hair was straightened and placed perfectly down her chest whilst she wore the most elegant berry lace dress that Jasmine was slightly jealous of because it looked more expensive than everything she owned combined.

"It's all my fault, you know that." Jasmine didn't reply, instead she stared down at her sleeping body, an indescribable feeling of seeing what you really look like from another pair of eyes.

"If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have to be staring at your practically dead body or have to be hiding from a deadly infernum witch. If it wasn't for me, you would be at home tucked up in bed watching Baywatch or something."

"I don't like Baywatch." Was all that he said, her voice sounding completely different in Kai's ears. Despite everything feeling different around Jasmine, her feelings for Kai hadn't change in the slightest, in fact had only grown stronger. 

"Of course you don't." Kai scoffed while rolling his eyes too. A smile crept up on him as he savoured the special moment with Jasmine.

"I don't know if you know this Kai but believe it or not you have improved my life. I lived the same day everyday just like you did in that prison world, I got up and went to school and then spent the night with Cody watching Netflix. I was stuck in the vicious cycle of the average human being and you pulled me out of it and for that I will forever be grateful." Jasmine held his hand reluctantly, she had no idea what his reaction would be.

"About what I said-"

"I don't think we should talk about that right now, we have bigger problems like the malevolent infernum witch that is out to get us both and drag us back down to the fiery pits of Hell." Jasmine winced at his blunt reply, she desperately needed to talk to Kai about what she said when she thought she was going to die.

"Kai-"

"I said I don't think we should talk about it, Jasmine." She pursed her lips and grimaced at the harshness of his tone and the way he had called her Jasmine. That's when she knew not to push it when he called her by her name.

"What are we going to do about Esmeralda?" Jasmine sighed. She felt disappointment that Kai had blatantly refused to talk about his feelings. He was different from the last time she saw him; he appeared to be less angry and intense.

"You're going to get as far away from here as possible and I'm going to stay and fight the witch." Kai ordered the newly raven haired girl. She laughed sarcastically before shaking her head profusely. 

"Do you think I'm going to leave you here on your own to fight a witch that could easily kill the whole of Mystic Falls?" Esmeralda had already wreaked havoc with the burning flames and deep crevices all over the town, she wasn't just going to leave the boy she loved here on his own.

"Yes I do think, Jazzy. I'm not letting you get caught in the crossfire of a fight that is between Esmeralda and I, only." Jasmine's heart swelled at his protectiveness but she was adamant on staying.

"Kai, she's my enemy too. I'm staying and that's it!" Jasmine stomped her foot just like a child would when having a tantrum but compared to Kai she was a child. Kai looked down at his shoes before his grey eyes looked back up at met her piercing blue ones.

"I don't want to do this, Jazzy, but I have to." He clutched the side of her face and brought his face up to hers. Jasmine immediately knew what he was about to do and she struggled in his grip.

"Kai, please don't do this." Tears brimmed in her blue eyes as she tried to shake her head out of Kai's firm grip.

 "You're going to forget all about these past four month, about me and about Damon and Stefan. You're going to go back to the house where we've been staying with no memory of what has happened before there and you're going to live your new life as Winona Sullivan. Your parents died in a terrible accident and you live alone but a happy life. You're going to live your life to the fullest and enjoy every second you have of it and one day I might find you again but if not just know, Jasmine Woods. You have made these past few months that were filled with anger and vengeance bearable and I will forever be in debt to you. Just remember that I cared about you, a lot." Kai let go of her crying face and vanished before she came around again.

Jasmine wiped her tears with a perplexed expression but walked back to her home without another thought.

I'm sorry this chapter is so short and I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in ages. Basically I have three exams left (science D:) and then I'm done for the whole summer and I'll have time to update every single day and write sequels blah. Anyway I have a new cover thanks to 
BonitaRogue and I love it so much so you should all go check out her Graphics book and her own stories. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy this update and don't forget to vote and comment because I read every single individual comment and they all make me so happy. Thank you!!