THIRTEEN

Killer Queen

She's a Killer Queen, gunpowder, gelatine,
Dynamite with a laser beam.

"I was thinking of buying a house in Virginia, near Mystic Falls," Kai announced in the car to Jasmine at which she was utterly astonished at his statement.

"Kai you don't have any money, I think you meant compel." She sassily responded, trying not to get too excited about the thought of being nearly home.

"Ah well, Jazzy. I have acquired the master of all master plans, I have compelled girls in states surrounding Virginia that look just like you to send the Salvatore on dead end leads and then when I finally reveal myself, it would turn out you've been near Mystic Falls all along." He smirked to himself as he drove into the border of Virginia.

"I'm going to take a guess that you've already got the house and we're going right back to Mystic Falls right now." Jasmine deadpanned, jingling the handcuffs out of pure boredom. 

"Clever, Jazzy, very clever. Or am I just predictable?" He wondered aloud at which Jasmine giggled slightly. Over the course of a few weeks, it had been less hostile between the kidnapper and the kidnapped.

The teenager didn't want to question why the heretic had been kinder than usual nor did she want it to change. 

"However, Jazzy. Us being so close to your home and parents, I can't take any chances so I'm going to have to confirm your loyalty." Jasmine furrowed her eyebrows but Kai just shook his head, to gesture for her not to ask any more about it.

Hours had passed before the familiarity of her home town began to spark nostalgia inside of Jasmine, Kai drove right through the town without anyone recognising her in the front seat but Jasmine just assumed that Kai had cloaked the car. She recognised familiar faces around the town square, her heart lurched at the sight of her brother and his friends playing football on the grass.

Kai turned onto a street with familiar houses, away from the town centre. Jasmine stared up at the house with the bordered windows and chipped paint, she grimaced at the sight of their new home but didn't speak any words. Kai opened the car door, surveying his surroundings before opening Jasmine's door, freeing her from her handcuffs.

Jasmine ducked her head down as Kai shielded her from the street and ushered her into the house before exiting again to get their stuff out of the trunk. She was shocked that the interior looked exceptionally better than the exterior, it looked like a normal home. Somewhere she could consider a home, that any normal human being could consider a home.

It was warm and cosy, it had paintings filling the cream walls, a welcoming hallway leading to separate rooms where she could lounge around. She let out a sigh of relief at the cosiness of the house, she was happy that this is what she will be calling home for however long.

Kai returned with the trash bags filled with clothes and his beloved rucksack that to this day she still didn't know the contents inside of it. "You like it? I know you can't look outside because of the boards but I think it's homelike." He mused before dumping their belongings on the ground.

"Now for insuring your loyalty, now Jazzy, don't look at me like that." Jasmine backed away from the heretic, her back hitting the front door with fear stricken eyes. "I can't be sure that you won't try to escape because we are so close to the Salvatore house." He gripped her shoulders, using one of his hands to tilt her chin so they would meet eyes.