TWENTY SEVEN

Moving

Got a low, low feeling around me,
And a stone cold feeling inside.

"Tell us Bon."

"We can't cure Jasmine in the short amount of time we have left but we can search for a cure if we have a way to preserve her body. We can put her soul into another dormant body and preserve her body until we find a cure. The Mikaelsons had put Finn, Kol and Rebekah in witches bodies so why can't we put Jasmine in somebody else's body?" Everybody seemed to agree with Bonnie's plan all except two.

"What? Are you out of your mind? That's too dangerous." Jasmine did not care if she died in the process of the spell, she didn't want to steal an innocent girl's life just so she could live her life. 

"I know what I'm doing, Malachai." Bonnie spat before looking to Jasmine for some sort of agreement along with Kai looking at her expectantly.

"We can't just take some innocent girl's life just to save mine." Jasmine protested, they all knew she had a valid point but she meant something to the Salvatores. They had already lost Elena and now they couldn't lose Jasmine too.

"We can just take someone who no one will miss, someone who doesn't deserve the life that you deserve!" Damon offered but Jasmine was still adamant on her original answer.

"Who are you to choose who deserves a life and who doesn't? Damon this is my choice and-" Jasmine paused with widened eyes. Clasping her mouth, she leant over feeling the black substance shoot up her throat faster than a bullet from a gun.

Kai appeared at her side using his vampire speed as she curled over, emptying every last droplet of black liquid onto their wooden floor.

"Jasmine, we have to do this. Whether you think it's morally right or not." Stefan placed a comforting hand on her shoulder but she shrugged him off.

"I do not want you to steal somebody's life just to save mine." She spoke harshly through gritted teeth. Neither of the Salvatores flinched, her morals matched Elena's, they had gone through this fifty times before.

Matt appeared beside the pair with a phone glued to his ear. "The hospital have a girl around eighteen years old with no credible family members and no signs of waking up." Matt had found the perfect candidate but Jasmine shook her head profusely.

"I'm saying no and that's my final decision!" Jasmine stomped her foot although she instantly regretted it once a wave of nausea and dizziness casted over her. "Jazzy, listen to me. We're going to find you a cure and until then you're going to inhabit this body and after we get the cure she will have her life back. It's not permanent." Kai held her arms with his firm yet comforting grip.

She contemplated Kai's persuasive words for what felt like minutes but after a few seconds she began to nod her head reluctantly. "I can take you to go see the girl now." Matt offered the girl but Kai interfered immediately.

"She'll get recognised dumbass, it's too dangerous for her to go out into Mystic Falls yet." Kai hissed with anger burning behind his harsh glare. 

"We can cloak her, simmer down." Bonnie rolled her eyes and Jasmine could tell that it took every ounce of self control that Kai had to not murder her with a deadly spell.

"I will do it, I don't trust you." Kai spat towards the Bennett witch before turning to face Jasmine with a different emotion glazed over his eyes. 

"Invisique." Both Kai, Matt and Jasmine disappeared from the view. Damon felt uncomfortable with the idea that Kai had full control over Jasmine without anybody being able to see them and he didn't have enough faith in Matthew Donovan to save his niece.

Jasmine and Kai sat in the backseat of the cloaked police car, his arm wrapped firmly around her waist to keep her sat upright and for a form of comfort. He knew that she really didn't want to do this but he had a plan. This was the only way he could hide her from Esmeralda, the witch made the heretic swear that the revenge plot will end with Jasmine's death.

That was the deal so that he could remain on Earth, little did Kai know that Esmeralda knew all along that Kai wasn't capable of keeping his half of the deal, she knew all along that he would fail and she would be able to drag them both down to the pits of hell for her own amusement. It wouldn't be the first time that she has toyed with somebody like this, it was the whole process of Hell. Torture.

"I don't know how I feel about being in somebody's body, it could send me to insanity." She told the heretic who listened to her carefully. "I won't let that happen, I promise." Jasmine trusted Kai and she believed that Kai trusted her which was such a massive improvement from their initial relationship.

The deputy pulled his car outside of Mystic Falls Hospital where people were rushing in and out with patients on gurneys and in wheelchairs. Jasmine grimaced at the sickly looking people, who looked a lot like her, who didn't seem to have long left to live. The trio waltzed right through the hospital being cloaked from the busy commuters who were visiting the small hospital.

Matt took them through the Intensive Care unit to a private room with the name 'Winona Sullivan' written on a whiteboard that was pinned to the door. Jasmine tried to peak through the window to get a good look at the girl but was blocked by Matt's large build.

"Her name is Winona Sullivan, she has no family left after they all died in a car accident. You'll have to take her identity until we can get you back to your own body, are you sure you can do this?" Matt ignored Kai's burning stare as he stared intensely with his vibrant blue eyes at the ill girl.

"I know what I'm doing, I'm prepared for it." Jasmine's mouth let the lie fall right out but she could never voice her true thoughts. She didn't want this, she didn't feel right stealing somebody else's' body for her own selfish needs but regardless of what she thought nobody would take her side. Matt pushed open the door to reveal a pale girl with raven hair cut short in a hospital bed.

"She's so pretty." Jasmine gushed at the petite girl lay in the hospital bed, she felt evil for taking the form of such a beautiful girl. Jasmine believed that Winona was much prettier than her, Winona was petite and delicate whereas Jasmine was tall and broad. Kai stared down at Winona's sleeping form with an emotion that Jasmine couldn't quite read, it was blank. Kai was blank.

"So when are we going to do the spell?" Jasmine asked, not because she was excited just so she knew how long she could make the most of the body she had now. "I assume as soon as Bonnie is ready-"

Everybody was cut off when a violent rumble erupted in the hospital, the whole of Mystic Falls shaking viciously, knocking Jasmine right off of her feet. She fell dramatically backwards, smashing her head off a table ledge as she fell to the floor before Kai or Matt could realise what was going on. Kai grabbed the window ledge for support before seeing terror outside of the window.

Cracks had formed right through the centre of the town with fire igniting through the cracks, the flames licking the legs of citizens as they cried out in horror and unexplainable fear.

"She's here."

Okay so I didn't add this to cast list because I didn't really want to spoil anything but Winona Sullivan is played by Emily Rudd! I now have a week off at school however I'm still revising for my exams so updates aren't going to be that frequent.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment!