TEN

Little Monster

I got love on my fingers, lust on my tongue
You say you got nothing, so come out and get some

Panicked, the brunette ran through the shopping mall, her eyes glancing around everywhere as she yanked off her wig. No one could see her still, the cloaking spell was still up. Jasmine let out a cry of frustration, not knowing what to do. Kai had cloaked her so no spell could locate her so if she ran fast enough, Kai wouldn't be able to locate her until he removed the cloaking spell.

She didn't know how spells worked but she hoped that would take a while, in the meantime, she knew that the Salvatores would have heard about her sighting in Florida and would be on their way at this very second.

They would see the security footage and would see Kai, his plan had failed and they could kill him again and she would be free. She could go home to her family and be with Cody again and her life would return to normal. Wiping the sweat from her brow, she darted into the direction of the doors but they had been placed on lockdown ensuring that she and her kidnapper could not escape.

She was trapped in a tiny mall with a furious, murdering psychopath who was beyond livid with her and she was already starting to dread what he would do to her if he found her again. Jasmine pulled her hair out of the tight bun then running her hand through it in frustration, there had to be a way out of here.

It was some rundown mall, it shouldn't have such a high-security system. People were running around hysterical at the sound of the blaring red alarm and the security running around with guns, she could try and blend in with the panicked crowd but Kai would spot her in a matter of seconds.

The brunette's panicked eyes darted around the shopping mall, trying to see if anything could break the glass of the front automatic doors but instead she discovered her next best option. A payphone. The girl's sneakers squeaked as she hurriedly made her way over to the payphone, scouring the marble floor for any change she could use.

Fortunately for Jasmine, someone had dropped their change in a panic, it was scattered all over the floor for her to scramble and pick up. She pushed all of the coins into the coin slot despite it being more than it asked for. Dialling her parent's number, not knowing what she was going to say to them. She pressed the phone closer to her ear, not being able to hear the ringing clearly over the sound of the alarm.

"Hello?" Her mother's familiar voice called down the phone but it sounding much more miserable and distressed than usual. "Mom? Mom!" Jasmine excitedly shouted down the phone, her heart beating a thousand times a second at the sound of her mother's happy screaming.

"Jasmine! Oh my god, my darling girl-"

"Mom! You have to talk to Damon and Stefan Salvatore. You have to tell them- You have to tell them that it's K-" Jasmine let out a shriek when an hand clasped over her mouth, dragging her away from the payphone. The phone hanging loosely as her screams were muffled by Kai's large hand.

"Jasmine! Honey? What's happening?" She could her mother's voice slightly muffled coming from the phone but Kai had already dragged her far enough away from it for her muffled screams to not be heard from the phone anymore. "You shouldn't have done that," Kai hissed in Jasmine's ear, she let out a sob as she cried but it muffled from his palm.

"Please, I'm sorry! Kai, I'm sorry!" She begged and pleaded but he dragged her through the mall, her still being on the floor crying her eyes out but no one could see her or hear her.