EIGHT

She's So Lovely

I think that you are lovely
I think that you are beautiful.

"I can't believe you punched me, Malachai Parker!" Jasmine's first words out of her mouth since awakening inside another motel room in another city. "I'll do a lot worse if you don't shut up." Kai threatened. e had his eyes closed, laying down on the bed. Jasmine had never seen Kai asleep so right now she admired the time while he had his eyes closed, asleep he looked nothing like a sociopath.

Absentmindedly, he shot up from the bed and walked over to near where Jasmine was sitting, before he sharply turned around, grabbing Jasmine's cheeks with a firm grip. He crouched down so they were at eye level with each other. He shot her one of his sinister smiles that she had grown to hate but also love.

"Call me Malachai again, I will drain you of your blood." He flared his fangs up at Jasmine, his eyes filled with this unexplainable evil. She nodded profusely so he would release the grip on her jaw, that she knew would bruise from the strength of his grip. She rubbed her jaw already feeling the bruising, she grimaced slightly at which the heretic ignored.

Kai hated being called Malachai, it was the name his father gave him and his father was dead to him, in fact, his father was dead because Kai was the one that murdered him and rests of his coven, including his twin sister Josette.

Kai had thought about what Jasmine's blood tasted like when he watched her sleep he had contemplated just trying it once but he could never bring himself to, which confused him all the more. He despised Jasmine and everything about her, she was whiny, irritating and intrusive which Kai hated. Her existence was merely an inconvenience but a benefit to his master plan for the revenge on the Salvatores.

"Can you get me some books to read?" Her soft, broken voice had ended the silence once again, Kai furrowed his eyebrows at her question.Why did she want to read? Kai stared at the girl looking for any sort of amusement in her eyes but they she was being deadly serious.

"I know I may be one of the greatest witches to walk the Earth, Jasmine, but I can't just conjure up a pile of books for you to read." He rolled her eyes as if she was stupid, at which she snickered at, he glared over at the girl waiting for her to elaborate.

"I mean from the library," it was now Kai's turn to begin snickering at the innocence of her voice and her naivety. "Baby girl, I haven't stepped foot in a library in my whole entire life, what makes you think that I will step foot in one for you?" She tried to ignore the fact that he had called her baby girl and the name that caused for her stomach to do a flip. She hated herself and she hated Kai for being attractive because it was such a waste for such an attractive guy like him to be such a murderous villain.

"If you get me some books... I'll stop trying to escape and shout for help." She bargained, Kai contemplated the idea, it would make the whole ordeal much easier if she would just stop trying to get away from him. He thought for a little longer before letting out a groan of defeat, slightly nodding.

Jasmine squealed at the idea of having something else to occupy her mind other than the fact that was imprisoned with a freak for the rest of her life. She clapped her hands, smiling for the first time genuinely since she had been taken. Kai handcuffed her hand to the table that was drilled into the ground before leaving and muttering something about he was picking the books which were better than nothing.

He returned after half of an hour with a stack of books and two coffees which surprised Jasmine more than anything. He placed the two coffees onto the kitchen countertop and stood in front of Jasmine with the books that he had held under his chin.

"I got you a range of things that you can research; vampires, witches, warlocks, originals, werewolves and angels." With each topic he read out, he threw the book onto the table in front of Jasmine where she tried not to act disappointed about the fact that they were non-fiction, she smiled gratefully at Kai as he handed her a black coffee.

"Thank you much, Kai." She gleamed up at him, shaking the handcuffs to signal that she wanted them off and that she wanted them off now. Her wrists were always sore from always being tied and cuffed to places and she had a constant headache from being knocked out cold too many times. The heretic nodded, unlocking the handcuffs so that Jasmine was free to roam around. She picked up the book she wanted to read the most, the one about witches, she wanted to know more about Kai.

Jasmine lay against the headboard with the book in her lap, Kai was sitting beside her watching a car chase on the news as her eyes scanned the pages looking for something about Kai. Jasmine always listened to the stories he told her and from them, she knew that he was never a 'true' witch, he described himself as a siphoner but nothing of the words were in the book.

She could not find a single line that mentioned the sub species but she also remembered Kai describing them as an abomination so a witch would never include them inside a book as they never believed that siphoners were one of them.

"Did you ever wish that you were human?" Jasmine asked whilst her eyes scanned the thousands of pages looking for something useful she could find out about Kai. "No, if I was human, I would be in jail by now." He answered honestly, Jasmine was expecting a heart felt answer but that was impossible for Kai.

She mumbled something in response, reading about a species of witch that was described as the devils of magic. Her interest was peaked when she figured out that they were the only witches that could bring people back to life from the afterlife.

"Is this what brought you back to life?" Jasmine showed the picture in the ancient book of the witch dressed in red, fire surrounding her as Kai's eyes widened at the photo recognising the woman immediately. She didn't want to push him too far and end up being locked up again, she had to be careful and crafty about the questions she asked him, she read on slightly his reaction had already given her enough.

"I made a deal with her, Esmeralda, she hated the Salvatores more than anybody and she wanted me to get revenge but after the merge with Luke, I had his soppy qualities so she placed this curse on me where I can only feel a few emotions; hatred, vengeance and rage. I wanted it like that, of course, because Luke had ruined me, he made me feel again and I hated it."

"Curses can be broken.." She said quietly at which Kai acknowledged, he knew how the curse could be broken but he knew that if he told Jasmine what would break the curse then he would be done for. It was a possibility that she could be the one to break the curse and he couldn't have that and neither would Esmeralda.