SEVEN

Jet Black Heart

Because I've got a jet black heart
And there's a hurricane underneath it.

"The missing girl, Jasmine Woods remains unaccounted for with the only lead of her DNA being located in a motel room in Atlanta opposite the charred remains of an employee. It is feared that Jasmine has been kidnapped and the kidnapper is believed to be a murderer and extremely dangerous. If you see the two, call 911 and do not approach them."

Jasmine carefully watched the news segment about her intently while Kai was making food in the kitchen, if Kai was in a good mood he would make food for them both but if he was in a foul mood (which was more often than Jasmine would like) he would either give her stale bread or nothing at all.

Jasmine knew that it would be unlikely that she came out of all this alive so last night as she attempted to drift off into sleep whilst being handcuffed to a bed, she thought that she should cherish these last months of her life. Despite her circumstances, she believed it was for the best that she tried to enjoy them or make the most of them.

But how do you make the most of the last few months of your life with a manic sociopath?

That question had crossed her mind far too many times for her liking but nevertheless, she contemplated the idea of trying to enjoy his presence. If she behaved and did what he said, he was 'kind' to her, but Kai's definition of 'kind' was not the standard English definition that you would find in the dictionary.

If Malachai wasn't killing, maiming or attacking anybody, that was him being kind. Something which Jasmine enjoyed about Kai when he wasn't murdering innocent human beings. Jasmine was adjusting to the kidnapped life, something which she thought that would never happen. She had trained her brain to not think about her family as much as she initially did, nor did she shed a tear about missing them anymore.

Kai placed a pasta based dish onto her lap with a knife and fork, she was currently sat in front of the cheap television set that each motel that they had stayed at seemed to could just about afford.

He sat on the bed what was also facing the television set, chewing on a piece of pasta. She couldn't deny that the heretic was good at cooking, and she enjoyed his meals immensely. It was just the idea of who was making them for her, a cold blooded murderer who wouldn't hesitate to snap her neck in a matter of seconds.

"Jazzy, if I wanted to poison you. I would have done it by now." Kai smirked, watching the girl sniff each piece of pasta before cautiously chewing it, in attempt to figure out if it was laced with a toxin. His statement brought warmth to her heart, the idea of Kai not wanting to kill her made her slightly happy in a bizarre type of way.

"How kind of you," She sarcastically responded, now feeling a lot more comfortable eating the delicious meal that the heretic had made especially for her. Kai obnoxiously began chewing incredibly loud and then to annoy Jasmine even more than she already was irritated, he turned the channel over away from the news.

"I don't understand why you still watch that shit, aren't you sick of seeing that same yearbook photo of you?" He was not wrong about her being sick of the yearbook photo that they were using to get her face across the country, nobody had told her it was picture day and she hadn't made herself look as presentable as she would have liked.

"Because it's hope." She mumbled under her breath, she always seemed to forget that Kai had extremely sensitive hearing and could hear everything that she muttered and mumbled under her breath. "You actually want to go home? I thought you'd be happy enough with me." Kai fawned being upset, placing a hand on his chest as if he actually cared about her feelings.

"Shut up, Kai. You wouldn't understand what it feels like to be ripped away from your family and held in grimy motel rooms with a freakin' psychopath!" She exploded in anger with tears threatening to spill. Kai tried his hardest not to get angry with the teenager when she was acting like this but she was so infuriating it was proven a challenge.

"Correction, I prefer to be called a sociopath. And if I knew you were going to be so god damn ungrateful, I wouldn't have worked my ass off on this pasta dish." He snatched the half full plate from her hands after storming from the bed to stand in front of her. His figure loomed over her as he screamed in anger, launching the plate across the room where it smashed into pieces onto the ground and smear of pasta slid down the wall.

"I-I wasn't finished." She didn't know why she said it, she knew she'd either get smacked or chained to the radiator but instead he just stared at her with rage fuelled eyes not quite knowing what to do with her. "My conniving twin sister obeyed me more than you do!" Was all he said before handcuffing her to the radiator so quickly that he was gone before she noticed what he had done.

"Kai! Don't leave me here!" She screamed out but he had already dashed from the room using his vampire speed but not forgetting to lock the door behind him. It was as if the mention of his sister had triggered something inside of him that he didn't like as if he felt a slight amount of remorse for what he did to her.

The idea seemed to stupid enough, Jasmine was just looking for the hope inside of him that disappeared after Bonnie betrayed him. Jasmine resented Bonnie, she didn't even know that Jasmine existed but she was the reason that she was stuck in this motel room with the maniac. If she had just believed that Kai was capable of change then maybe Jasmine would be curled up in her bed with a mug of coffee, watching reruns of Friends with Cody.

She knew that Cody would be blaming himself right now, if they hadn't had just argued about something stupid that Jasmine couldn't even remember anymore what it was about, then she wouldn't have gone on that walk. However, it was stupid, Malachai had been planning this for weeks. It would have happened regardless, just not at that time.

The door swung open again, his face was all red and sweaty as if he had been running, his eyes were stricken with panic. He ran a hand through his beard before steaming over to Jasmine, unlocking the handcuffs not giving her an explanation as to what was going on. He started throwing strewn clothes into a backpack and all our belongings into a pile. He had bought more stuff kindly this weekend, him being in a good mood for this short amount of time.

"We have to leave, now." He picked her up by her arm, dragging her out of the motel room as she protested and moaned in pain as his grip was iron tight.

"Ouch, Kai, stop. You're hurting me." She complained but he just ignored her as per usual. "What's going on?" She asked him but her question was answered when she saw a raven haired man with a tall blonde haired male along with him. She didn't need to ask to know it was Damon and Stefan. She was going to scream out but Kai clamped a hand over her mouth, scurrying in the shadows of the car park away from the line of sight of the Salvatores.

Jasmine's cries for help were muffled by Kai's large palm as he shoved her into the trunk of his car, knocking her out with one swift punch, silencing her muffled crying immediately. Kai clambered into the front of the car, not feeling the slightest bit bad for punching Jasmine but instead smirked to himself at how he had gotten away again.

Kind of a filler, kind of not. Their relationship is going to develop soon, I promise.
Don't forget to vote and comment!