THREE

American Boy

Take me on a trip, I'd like to go some day.
Take me to New York, I'd love to see LA.

"Rise and shine, Jazzy!" Kai swung open the trunk of his car where Jasmine was blinded by the sun, tied up and gagged in the trunk. She squinted up at him as he leaned down and yanked her body out of the trunk. She adjusted to the intense sunlight, unsure of how she ended up in the trunk of the car and how she ended up in a new motel.

He carried her with ease, swinging the motel keys around one of his fingers and humming a tune that he always seemed to hum when he was in a good mood. Kai's definition of a good mood was very different to what Jasmine would picture a standard good mood but she didn't complain. She was still physically and mentally scarred from where he flung her across the room with his magic.

She knew she was going to grow tired of these grimy motel rooms as he stopped in front of a motel door that seemed to be identical to the last one. She refrained from crying out as he opened the door without any issues despite carrying her. She hated Kai Parker for doing this to her, for making her life a misery. Jasmine lived a relatively normal and happy life, she never thought about ending it nor was she ever unhappy but in the span of four days, she wanted her life to end.

If she had to live the rest of her life being gagged and tied up and carted around in the trunks of cars if she was going to be mentally and physically abused on a day to day basis, what was the point in living? Why should she have to endure that emotional strain for the rest of her life?

Kai swung open the door to another stereotypical motel room but with a different colour scheme to the last one. He tossed Jasmine onto the bed as if she was a rag doll, dragging a chair from the small dining table and placing it in the middle of the room. She knew what the chair was for and her assumptions were proven right when he picked her up again and placed her on the chair roughly and tying her to the chair instead.

It wasn't even as if she could protest from being gagged most of the time, she couldn't even let out a cry for help in fear of what Kai would do to her if she did so. She had learnt that Kai had a very short fuse, a very, very short fuse and she was living these days in fear for when he would snap and hurt her again.

Tying the last knot, Kai looked up at met her frightened eyes were a sinister grin, he held no remorse for what he was putting Jasmine through. He enjoyed it even, the look of fear on her face brought excitement to his stomach. He loved being a sociopath and resented when Luke had turned him good for that short span of time until Bonnie betrayed him so badly that it ruined his changed man phase. He had already got his revenge on Bonnie but now it was for Salvatore brothers.

"No hard feelings, Jazzy." He shrugged, removing the gag from her mouth. She sighed in relief as she glared back up at the boy who just simply smirked back. "Where are we?" Jasmine had passed the stage of being frightened of talking to him, she had to gain his trust if she ever wanted to escape the heretic.

"Atlanta in Georgia."

"I know where Atlanta is," she retorted, giving him a cold stare. The cold reply brought a huge smile to the heretic and laughter filled the air. She felt patronised, her sassy persona was already being chipped away back into being the frightened eighteen year old.

"When did you get so feisty?" He crouched down in front of her, slowly brushing a stray strand of hair from her face, she flinched at how his hand lingered there longer than it should have as he stared at her mischievously. She gulped in fear, in fear if he was going to hurt for answering back. She didn't know Kai and she didn't know how far she could push him until he'd explode.