SIX

The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver

Stop fucking around with my emotions
I like you better when you're numb.

"How many grimy motels are you going to hide me in?" Jasmine complained, tugging the blonde wig off her head, still slightly groggy from the long sleep that Kai had forced her to endure.

"Every time you talk, all I ever hear is this white noise and I just want to beat you repeatedly until you just-" He didn't finish his sentence before he broke out into manic laughter at the expression on Jasmine's face. She hated it when the heretic talked about killing her, he did it a lot.

"Are you even capable of human qualities?" She spat towards Malachai, the brunette was disgusted with the boy who threw himself down onto the bed. This was the fifth motel room after he murdered that innocent employee, Jasmine couldn't get the image of the man screaming out in pain and Kai turning his insides into mush out of her mind.

She felt dreadful about it, all he was doing was his job and she couldn't help think it was her fault. If she hadn't been so loud or caused Kai to start shouting at her, then maybe there would have been no noise complaints and then he wouldn't have to knock on the door and recognise her.

"If this is about that employee, you're going to have to let it go. It was your fault after all." Jasmine nodded at his words, agreeing completely with the heretic. It was her fault and she was going to have to live with that.

"When you said you used to be good, why did you change because of Bonnie? Normal people recover from betrayal not commit a massacre of innocent people." Kai looked at her as if she had lost her mind, Jasmine thought she was losing her mind. She thought if she had to spend another day locked in a grimy hotel room in the same two pairs of clothes she would go mad.

"In case you haven't noticed, Jazzy. I'm not normal." Jasmine sat down on the ground, they both had reached a slight agreement that she wouldn't be locked up at all points of the day. She would be free to roam around in Kai's sight but when he wasn't there she had to be chained to the bed or the wall.

"D-Did you love her?" She carefully asked this question played on her mind a lot. Did Kai Parker love Bonnie Bennett? Was he capable of the emotion? The way he talked about her betrayal, it hurt him more than he let on to them. The Bennett would never know how much she mentally damaged the heretic.

"Did I love her? Did I love Bonnie? Jazzy, do I look like I'm capable of any other emotion than hatred or vengeance?" He glared at her, for bringing up Bonnie. It did hurt him a lot, he had changed for the better and her betrayal sent him ten steps backwards. He spent two decades in that hell also known as the prison world and for her to put him in another one when she knew how excruciatingly lonely it was to be in there.

"Not now but then. Back after the merge with Luke, when you were a good person." Jasmine placed a hand on Kai's arm, she attempted to trigger something in him. She knew deep down that there was the old Kai that he had described to her but the betrayal had brought the madness back that poisoned his mind.

Kai locked eyes with her and for a moment he looked remorseful before he shrugged her arm off his arm and locked his other one onto her neck, marching her to the wall with his hand planted firmly around her neck. He squeezed making the brunette gasp for air as she clung onto his arm in an attempt to rip it off from her neck.

"You think you can trigger something about Luke? Try to make me feel remorse for when I killed all of my family? You are right, Jasmine. I am an irredeemable piece of trash and not you or anyone can change that." Her eyes were practically bulging out of her skull, she struggled to breathe but he finally let go after he had finished his speech. She fell to the ground, coughing violently trying to get her breath back.

"Elena tried that once, thought that she could change me. You're a lot like Elena sometimes, you're a mixture of them both. Bonnie and Elena, and I hate them both so congratulations."

"You don't have to hate, Kai! There are other ways to channel your anger but not by kidnapping an innocent girl to get your revenge, not by putting me through this emotional and physical strain. You need help!" She waved her arms around exasperated, Kai needed help from a professional. Jasmine couldn't redeem him all by herself, she couldn't escape him on her own, she had to be either rescued or he had to change and want to let her go.

Since nobody seemed to be coming to rescue her anytime soon she had to go with the latter. Kai rolled his eyes at her outburst, laughing to himself at her naivety.

"I liked you when you were scared to talk to me, now you're just annoying." Kai dismissed her, going to sit back onto the bed as far as he could away from the raging teenager. Despite him being in a twenty-two-year-old's body, he still had the mind of a forty-two-year-old and a teenager like her was driving him up the wall.

"You can't hate me for who I'm related to," She muttered under her breath, and she was right. Kai did hate her because she was related to Damon Salvatore but he didn't care if that was a valid reason to hate her or not. He only cared about making Damon Salvatore hurt like he did when he was decapitated.

"Why are you certain that Damon and Stefan will come looking for me? What makes you think that they don't have something else on their plate that is more important than me?" The human asked the heretic the valid question that hadn't crossed his mind yet. He had just assumed that Damon was going to come find the girl so that Kai could get his revenge, but what if he wasn't?

What if the other heretics on the loose were more of a problem for the raven haired vampire? What if the loss of the love of his life occupied his mind more than his distant relative did? Kai hadn't thought about those possibilities and in the end would this all be a waste of his time?

Kai pushed himself off his bed, emptying his backpack onto the ground that Jasmine never dared asked what was in it, he was just always adamant that it was with him at all times. He picked up the dusty leather book that he scanned through quickly. She furrowed her eyebrows at the boy when he smiled at the page he wanted.

He began muttering words of another language that Jasmine assumed to be latin, the candles lighting by themselves that surrounded him. Jasmine watched in awe, to another human they would have thought that this man was mad, out of his mind and put him in a mental asylum. However, Jasmine was another story, slowly but surely she began to wrap her head around witches, heretics and vampires. That the town she was from, Mystic Falls, held more secrets than the liars in Pretty Little Liars did.

Kai gasped as he stared right through her, she cocked her head confused to what he was doing, she waved her hand in front of his face but he didn't even blink. She sat back down in front of him and waited for him to come back into a conscious state but minutes passed by and there was nothing. Until suddenly, he let out a gasp for air, shocked that Jasmine hadn't taken this chance to run out the door as he remembered that it was unlocked.

"I saw them all, they're trying to find you and they have no idea what to do. Damon's distraught and Stefan is enraged, the plan is still in motion." He smiled happily to himself as did Jasmine. People actually cared enough to find her, people were coming to rescue her. Kai smiled because everything was falling into place as planned.

I actually really love writing this story, don't forget to vote and comment!