THIRTY

Times Is Running Out

I wanna break this spell
That you've created.

A long beep echoed around the room as Winona completely flatlined. Neither girls were showing any signs of life, leaving Kai in an absolute panic. Malachai couldn't picture a life without Jasmine somewhat in it and that future seemed to be fading away the longer she remained unconscious.

"J-Jazzy?" Kai whispered, swallowing the lump in his throat. He wouldn't dare be caught dead shedding a tear ever again but as he stared at the lifeless body of Jasmine Woods.

"Jazzy, please." He squeezed her hand tightly, scrunching his face up to hold back the tears that were now flowing freely down his cheeks.

Silence was broken by the loud sob that Kai couldn't hold back any longer. The spell was in crumbles and he could feel nearly every emotion known to man but this one was indescribable, the pain of losing somebody like Jasmine wasn't an emotion that could be given a name. All that Kai knew was that it was like somebody was slowly unpicking the thread of his heart and unravelling it until there was nothing left for him to feel.

Kai wiped his cheeks with the backs of his sleeve and fumbled with his phone, dialling a number he hadn't called in a very long time. The dial tone rang for too long until they picked up sounding confused on the other end.

"Kai?"

"I-I need your help. 3205 Ellington Street." Kai hung up immediately after finishing his statement and returned to clutching Jasmine's dead body. He gently lifted her from her lying position and held her against his chest. 

He began to sob into her hair and his body wracking with sobs. He couldn't believe that his Jazzy was gone and ceased to exist. She would no longer chew the inside of her cheek when she was deep in thought or play with her fingers when she was nervous or uncomfortable, she would never cry another tear over Kai's irredeemable actions nor will she laugh at his stupidity. She would never live the life she was supposed to and that was solely Kai's fault.

"I'm so sorry Jazzy, so so sorry." He apologised to the girl but she would never know the guilt that Kai would carry on his shoulders for the rest of his life. He didn't care if Esmeralda dragged him back down to the pits of Hell because he believe he deserved it, he deserved everything that was coming to him.

Kai caressed the face of the pale girl, who looked sicker than ever, and pursed his lips in attempt to hold back another flood of sobs.

"What did you do?" Kai's head shot up as he stared at the girl in the doorway, who had already shrugged her jacket off and threw her bag to the floor, he could barely even form a sentence. "I tried to put her soul in Winona's body and it was too powerful for all three of us." Bonnie glared at the heretic.

Deep down Bonnie pitied Malachai, she knew how much Jasmine meant to him and everybody else seemed to have noticed too. Bonnie sighed before removing Jasmine's body from his grip and lay her back into the bed.

"She's not dead, yet. Her soul is moving freely around us and if we don't put it back into a body soon, somebody like Esmeralda could claim it and then she's gone forever." Bonnie placed Jasmine's hand back in Winona's limp hand and ordered for Kai to hold their hands in place.

"The spell shouldn't have been too strong for a Gemini witch, I think Esmeralda has tampered with your magic." Bonnie tried to push aside her hatred for the Gemini heretic and made Jasmine Woods her priority. Bonnie began muttering in latin, a different spell that Kai had initially had been using.

Kai chewed his lip in anticipation, his eyes flickering from Bonnie then to Jasmine to see if there were any signs of life but she remained still as a tombstone. Bonnie's chants grew louder and a wind howled in the room, startling Kai.

Blood dribbled from her nose but she immediately wiped it away, refusing to show any signs of weakness but Kai knew that she wasn't strong enough for a spell like that. Kai reached over and placed his free hand onto her shaking hands.

"Let me help you." He stared directly into her olive green eyes and she stared right back shocked at his kindness. She nodded slowly, at loss for words, before closing her eyes again. Still holding Kai's hand, they both began chanting the latin words. The classic image of two people who had resented each other reconciling in order to save the life of a girl that had meant something to everybody.

Kai knew Jasmine would be proud that he was working with Bonnie Bennett, somebody who Kai has such a deep rooted hatred for that he wouldn't hesitate ending her life in the most painful way.

The pair chanted louder, the wind twice as strong and louder than Bonnie's initial spell and after what seemed like forever, the sound of the heart monitor announced it's presence and then a gasp for air echoed in the ears of Malachai. Jasmine coughed violently and clawed at her throat in attempt to breathe again, she felt like she had been dragged through Hell and back.

"Jazzy." Kai sighed in relief, wrapping his arms tightly around the girl who was bewildered. "What happened? How am I here?" Jasmine seemed confused which made Kai and Bonnie perplexed in response.

"You died Jasmine. We nearly lost you forever." Bonnie placed a hand on top of Jasmine's and squeezed it tightly. "I was being dragged somewhere hot, I could feel the heat on my skin and I kept crying for you Kai but you never came." Kai's heart sunk at the sound of her broken voice, he glanced over to Bonnie to give her confirmation of her thoughts. Esmeralda was dragging Jasmine's soul to Hell and if they had wasted anymore time, she would have been stuck there forever.

"We need to get you in Winona's body now, Jasmine." Bonnie ordered the pair but Jasmine remained weary. Kai nodded at her in reassurance but she clutched his arm in fear, she couldn't go through that again.

"Shouldn't we call Damon?" Bonnie asked but both Jasmine and Malachai violently shook their heads in response. Bonnie paused for a moment before nodding, she didn't feel like arguing with either of them or causing anymore distress for Jasmine.

Jasmine didn't want to feel the pain of having your soul sucked out of her again but she didn't utter another word. She lay back in position in the double bed, allowing herself to sink into the mattress whilst still clutching Malachai's hand like her life depended on it.

This time, both Bonnie and Malachai began chanting in latin once again and the pain struck Jasmine like a lightning strike. Scrunching her face up in attempt to block out the pain, she didn't want to make Kai feel guilty again for the sheer amount of suffering that the spell made her endure.

The clamour of the wind blocked out the sound of the spell and all Jasmine could focus on was staring into Malachai's grey eyes that were boring into her's. He pursed his lips, hating every single moment of it. "Kai! Keep going!" Bonnie shouted over the wind, Jasmine gasped for air as she felt the final slivers of her soul siphoned out of her.

"Kai- I have to tell you something. I-In case it doesn't end well." Jasmine choked out, only loud enough for Malachai to hear. Kai nodded profusely, leaning over still muttering latin words to help Bonnie with the spell.

"I-"

She gasped for air again, the bolt of lightning shooting up her body. She didn't have long left and she had to tell Kai these words incase she didn't wake up ever again. 

"I love you, Kai Parker."

Woah aNoThEr UPDATE
I didn't have an exam today but I have two tomorrow so I probably won't post the next chapter until Wednesday but anyway thank you for 6K (I think I have already said this) and I hope you all enjoyed One Love Manchester if you watched it. Kinda disappointed by the lack of Noel Gallagher as bc I'm from Manchester anyway so it would have been great for Oasis to have reformed for one night.

Sorry for ranting lol I just feel so let down by Noel anyway, thank you so much for reading and don't forget to vote and comment!