NINETEEN

Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)

No dark sarcasm in the classroom,
Teachers, leave them kids alone

Jasmine was shivering but her body was coated in a layer of sweat, it was cold as in like a basement cold and that's where Jasmine had decided where she was before she even opened her eyes. Second of all, Kai would never put her in a basement so before she even opened her eyes she had decided that she had been kidnapped, again.

The brunette thought it would be best that she opened her eyes, she looked down at the smeared blacklight paint on her body and the lack of clothing on her body. She tugged on the rope that was tied around her wrists and feets but it didn't budge at all but only burned the skin.

"Hello? Is anybody gonna let me out?"Jasmine called out into the empty basement of what she assumed was a warehouse of some sorts. she would like to say that she an expert on kidnappings now. 

"Is anybody even here?" Jasmine was frustrated now and slightly scared, the fear of the unknown was daunting her. She cursed herself for appearing to be one of them slightly idiotic characters in a horror movie when calling out to her second kidnapper, she almost laughed bitterly, thinking that there can't be a person who's been kidnapped twice by different people for different reasons.

"Jasmine Woods? Right?" A figure emerged from the darkness that she recognised to be Christian, the one who had jumped them twice. "Missing girl? Taken from a park in Mystic Falls by none other than my old friend Malachai Parker."

"Listen, your feud with Kai is not mine so just leave me out of it." Jasmine spat towards the man but he just chuckled in response with the shake of his head. 

"No but you're his ticket on staying out of Hell, what would happen if his ticket was torn in half? Destroyed?" He was crouching in front of her, gently placing the back of his hand on Jasmine's cheek but she just flinched, not meeting his intense gaze.

"I hope you get dragged down to Hell with him then." She sassily responded but was quickly silenced when he backhanded her across the face. "I'll see you down there, darling." He twirled a syringe filled with an unknown black liquid then injecting it into the prominent vein in Jasmine's neck.

"W-What- What was in th-that?" The room was spinning and her vision was distorted with colours. 

"This poison that can take up to months until it kills you, you just live with the pain until your death awaits you." He chuckled darkly before leaving Jasmine all alone in the room with the toxin running through her veins.

The first symptom was the fever, she was sweating and shaking and no one was there to comfort her. No one was there to save her, she had no idea how long she had been unconscious for and she had no idea if Kai was even looking for her. Maybe he gave up on his plan and took Sarah Salvatore instead, maybe she would have been easier to keep hostage. Maybe Kai didn't even care about Jasmine and how she was slowly dying in a basement of a warehouse in the middle of nowhere.

The second symptom was the hallucinations, the door opened for another figure to enter. A woman with brown hair a lot like Jasmine's. "Mom? What're you doing here?" Jasmine watched as her mother approached the girl with a smile matching her daughter's. 

"Hi Sweetie, you're gonna be okay." The woman tucked a strand of Jasmine's hair behind her ear as she grinned.

"Y-You're not really here, are you?" Jasmine had tears brimming at the sight of her mother, the brunette shook her head sadly at her daughter at which Jasmine choked on a sob. 

"Yeah, but I am." The image of her mother slipped through her fingers like grains of sand and was replaced by Malachai Parker covered in blood.

"Is-Is it really you?" Jasmine trembled at which Kai nodded sadly at the sight of the girl, he had no idea that she was practically on her deathbed. 

"I'm so sorry, Jazzy." Kai unraveled all of the ropes, pulling her tank top over head and placing his denim jacket over her shoulders. The heretic picked up his hostage gently bridal style and carried her out of the basement of the warehouse.

"Kai-"

"Let me just save you and take you home, Jazzy. It's been a long night." Kai silenced the girl at which she nodded at, snuggling slightly into his chest at which Kai grimaced at. He placed her into the front car seat, leaning over her to put her seatbelt on her. He was exhausted, he had spent the majority of the night having to remove the spell that blocked all locator spells on her and then he had to locate her and then put the spell back up.

He was magically drained and physically drained, she had sparked the emotion of worry inside of the heretic even more than she already had and he was beginning to resent her for it. She was slumped in the car seat, pale as a ghost as she watched the streets go by on their way back to Mystic Falls.

"This seems too easy.. They wouldn't just let me take you out of there - what did they do?" Kai furrowed his eyebrows at the weak girl who was growing weaker by the second and was feeling sicker by the second. 

"It can wait until tomorrow." With the way that Jasmine was feeling right now, she didn't even feel like there could be a tomorrow.

Jasmine doubled over coughing this black liquid into her hands, it dripping out of the corners of her mouth and trickling down her nose like a nosebleed.

"Jazzy?" Jasmine didn't dare meet his eyes, too ashamed of what was happening to her. "Jasmine look at me." Malachai demanded, she slowly looked up revealing the black substance that was drying around her mouth, nose and hands.

"It can honestly wait until tomorrow, I'll be fine." Kai punched the steering wheel at Jasmine's response in a temper. They had pulled up into the driveway of their new home but neither of them made a move to go inside. 

"Christian, h-he injected this poison into me that's going to take months until it actually kills me. We can find a cure, we can get help." Jasmine tried to reassure the boy by placing her clean hand onto his arm but he just shrugged it off and let out a deafening frustrated yell.

"There won't be a cure, that group of heretics don't let traitors get away with things, you're as good as dead." That was all Kai said before slamming the car door shut and heading straight into the house without even helping Jasmine to her room.

I think posts are going to become less frequent as my GCSEs are a mere nine days away and I really need to revise for this next week. However, thank you so much for reading this and I absolutely adore your comments!