FIFTEEN

Destroya

Destroya, Destroya,
Against the sun, we're the enemy.

Jasmine awoke to see Kai perched at the end of her bed with a concerned stare and folded arms. Something she had never seen Kai show willingly, concern.

"What are you looking at?"

Kai appeared to be confused, he was confused; Jasmine no longer looked insane nor did she look like she had almost committed suicide yesterday. She just looked like Jasmine Woods, no different to how she has seemed for the past two months.

"Do you not remember anything from yesterday at all?" Kai retorted, intrigued to what happened to his hostage yesterday.

"We kidnapped Matt? He's in the bedroom two doors down?" Jasmine also seemed confused about what she was supposed to remember of yesterday however there was a huge chunk of her memory missing from yesterday but she was too afraid to admit what occurred in the gap.

"He's been calling for you all morning, please go put him out of his misery and mine too." Kai rolled his eyes at which Jasmine smiled ever so slightly at. She glanced at herself in her mirror, perplexed as to why she was still dressed in yesterday's clothes. Quickly changing in the bathroom and making herself seem some how presentable, she made her way down to the locked bedroom door.

"Morning Matty." Jasmine smiled at the blonde who was sitting on his bed, twiddling his thumbs out of pure boredom.

"Hey." He bluntly replied. Jasmine understood what he was going through. Being locked in a room against your will, being kept hostage and knowing your impending doom but the difference was that Matt was going to come out of this alive.

"Do you know when I can get out of here?"

"That's the same question I've been asking for the past two months," Jasmine grinned, chuckling at her own joke but Matt just remained unamused.

"How can you make jokes about this? Do you know how worried sick your parents are after that phone call? What even was that?" Matt lectured the younger girl, tears brimming in her eyes at the mention of her parents.

"Do you think I want to be here? Do you think I'm enjoying this? For the past two months, I have fantasised about going home to my parents again, I have prayed that soon enough Kai will get over his revenge fantasy and let me be free. I was cursed by being related to the Salvatores, this isn't my feud but I seem to be the only one who is paying the price for it!" The brunette hissed towards the deputy.

"Jasmine, I can help you. I can get to Damon and Stefan if you just help me get out before he compels me." Matt pleaded, clutching onto the girl's small hand but she ripped out of his grip.

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't? You just have to leave the door unlocked and I'll sneak out-"

"Matt, I've been compelled to not do anything in aid to my escape. My loyalty to Kai is unbreakable - I'm bound to him." Jasmine explained whilst wiping a stray tear with the back of her hand. She looked exhausted, no amount of sleep will ever cure the exhaustion that seems to have lasted two months.

Abruptly, the bedroom door swung open to reveal a furious Kai, leaving Matt and Jasmine startled like a deer caught in headlights. "I think that's enough, don't you think Jazzy?" Kai barged his way inside, grabbing Jasmine's bicep with a firm grip. Without any warning, he tugged the frail girl out of the bedroom.

"They'll find out soon enough Parker!" Matt threatened the back of Kai's head causing Kai to turn around with a sickly sinister smirk. "Oh, I'm counting on it, Donovan." He sneered, slamming the door behind them - he proceeded to drag Jasmine as far away from Matt as humanly possible.