TWENTY EIGHT

Black Hole Sun

Black hole sun,
Won't you come and wash away the rain?

"Jasmine! Come on Jasmine!" Matt panicked after watching Kai collapse after revealing that 'She' was here. Crimson liquid was pooling out from Jasmine's head and they received no help from being cloaked to the world.

Jasmine remained unconscious as did Kai leaving Matt in a state of panic. He fumbled for his phone that was in his back pocket and attempted to dial the number of Bonnie.

"Bonnie? Bonnie! We're at the hospital but this earthquake and Jasmine she's hurt and Kai- I just need help." Bonnie was struggling to understand over the sound of the crackling fire and Matt's broken up sentence from his panic.

"Matt slow down, what do you mean Jasmine is hurt? Where is Kai?" She placed her fingers to the cut on her head before seeing the red tinge to her fingers from her fall.

"She fell and hit her head pretty hard and Kai is just unconscious." Matt eyed Kai suspiciously before turning his attention to the dying girl in his lap. Matt's heart was beating so fast he was sure that it was going break right out of his rib cage.

"Damon and I will be there as soon as we can." She assured the deputy but it wasn't enough. He didn't know how long Jasmine had left and as a deputy he had a duty of assisting the people in need outside.

"Jasmine you need to wake up!" Matt gently shook her body but her eyes remained shut and her heartbeat was getting weaker. Minutes later Damon appeared using his vampiric speed and practically threw himself into the room but was left dumbfounded when he couldn't see either of them.

"Bonnie? Can you reveal them?" Damon shouted to the girl who jogged into the room behind him. She muttered something in Latin to reveal an unconscious Malachai and Jasmine and also a frantic Matt.

"Jasmine!" Damon kneeled beside the dying girl, piercing his wrist with his sharp fangs letting the crimson blood drip into the parted lips of the unconscious, pale girl. They waited for a moment for it to heal her but absolutely nothing happened but a dead silence and the sound of Winona's heart machine.

"Why is it not working?" Damon inspected the almost dead girl's body and her head was still as hurt as it was initially. "The blood couldn't heal Jasmine of the poison so maybe it can't heal her of anything. We need to get her to a doctor and heal her the non-supernatural way." Bonnie informed before directing her eyes to a dead Malachai Parker.

"Matt and I will take Kai back to the boarding house." Bonnie announced whilst Damon was gently picking up Jasmine bridal style so he could manoeuvre through the hospital in search of a doctor quickly.

Damon walked amongst the chaos, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion around Jasmine and Damon as nobody could notice them amongst the burnt bodies coming in. Damon frantically shot his eyes around the rooms to find an unoccupied doctor but everybody had a new patient that came in on a gurney every second.

"What happened?" A woman in a white coat and a stethoscope around her neck approached the pair with a gurney that Damon with any hesitation placed Jasmine's body gently on. "She hit her head after the earthquake, she's been out for longer than ten minutes." Damon informed the doctor who nodded before gesturing fellow doctors to follow her, one of them stopped Damon from following any further as they disappeared further into the chaos.

Meanwhile, Kai awoke surrounded by fiery flames. The heat so strong that a sweat broke out on his skin. He sat up abruptly, panicked, not recognising his surroundings. "Malachai Parker, such a pleasure for us to meet again." The Infernum Witch smirked as she watched Kai scramble away from the satanic woman.

"Send me back!" Kai bellowed and his eyes were filled with such a rage yet Esmeralda didn't flinch in the slightest. "We had a deal, Parker, the Salvatore girl's death would seal the deal of you coming back to life. And if I'm not mistaken she seems to be half alive?" The witch taunted, her blazing red hair swished from side to side as she paced in front of the heretic.

"She is dying." He spat. Getting up from his spot on the ground, dusting all of the dirt off of him. "Not by the hands of you, you either kill the girl Malachai or I will drag you both back down to the fiery pits of Hell." The witch spoke with venom and with the wave of her bony hand, the makeshift Hell began to fade and the real world began to form again as Malachai woke up in the Salvatore living room.

"Wh-Where is Jasmine?" He groaned at the intense headache he received as soon as he sat up to see Stefan and Bonnie watching him carefully. "She's in hospital, fighting for her life." Bonnie sneered as if it was Kai's fault. Furrowing his eyebrows, the heretic attempted to figure out why his girl was in hospital.

"She hit her head when the earthquake happened, she's with Damon." Kai didn't stop to listen to the rest of what Stefan had to say; he was already out of the door and on the way to Mystic Falls hospital for the second time today. He narrowly missed the crevices that he believed lead to Hell as he could feel the evil and fire radiating from them. Esmeralda wreaked havoc on Mystic Falls and Kai intended to stop her.

He burst through the doors of the hospital. Malachai was ready to charge through the mounts of people until a firm hand was pressed against his chest that stopped him from moving an angry step further. "What're you doing? Let me through, Damon." Kai didn't have time for games nor Damon as Jasmine was fighting for her life.

"You're not seeing her." Damon warned the heretic, Kai's blood boiled at the words that fell from Damon's lips. "This wouldn't be happening to her if you just stayed where you belong, in Hell. She'd probably be tucked up at home in bed with her boyfriend watching reruns of Friends but you stole that life from her. I've compelled all the doctors to ignore that she's the missing girl and just to make sure she lives and now all you have to do is go back to Hell." Damon had been doing some thinking. He despised Kai for ruining a promising life.

"I'm not leaving her, you already took my life away from me once, I'm not letting you do it again." Damon was confused that Kai just claimed Jasmine was his life, he was confused that Kai actually cared for Jasmine. The spell had almost been absolutely torn to shreds; only a few loose strings were holding it together as she still had full control of him.

"At least tell me if she's okay? How bad did she hit her head?" His eyes softened from their usual hateful glare to a look of sorrow and concern. Something that Damon had never seen Kai wear and was shaken to the core that Jasmine had such a power over Kai. He could manipulate that in to disposing of Kai forever.

"She's doing better, still dying of course, all thanks to you." Kai clenched his fists at Damon's accusation however he knew deep down that it was his fault that Jasmine was in the condition that was she stuck in at this very moment.

"I need to see her, Damon. You'd understand if it was Elena in that hospital bed." Kai was playing Damon's heart strings like it was a harp and he knew that it was working.

"I'll give you five minutes, Kai, and then you're out of here."

Does anybody ever actually listen to the songs that I put at the start? Like most of the time they have no relevance to the chapter but I was just wondering if anybody ever actually did. (Don't feel pressured to because I have a really weird music taste and I wouldn't want to force it onto anybody lol)

Anyway I hope you liked this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment because I love reading all your comments :)!