THIRTY SIX

The Lovecats

❝I'll show you in 
It's a treacherous thing
We missed you hissed the lovecats

Jasmine exhaled loudly as she played with the hem of her shirt in boredom. She was locked up in the Salvatore Boarding House with nobody to talk to. Damon and Stefan were out looking for somebody and they were her only friends apart from Matt.

Matt.

She could leave the Boarding House for a little while in attempt to find the deputy but Damon and Stefan would be angry at her for being so irresponsible. Jasmine was unaware of the mortal danger that was wandering the streets of Mystic Falls in the form of a red-headed witch.

She shrugged on a hoodie over the top of her tank top and shorts and picked up her handbag ready to leave and enjoy Mystic Falls in the April time weather. Jasmine hadn't attended school for months but nobody seemed to be looking for her and it wasn't as if she had a life already planned out for her, she was just going to go with the flow.

She wandered through the bustling streets of Mystic Falls and it wasn't long until she found Matt Donovan's patrol car parked outside of the Mystic Grill. She smiled slightly before venturing inside to find him sat at a booth with another male. She furrowed her eyebrows, not recognising the new male but carried on approaching their table.

"J-Winona! How are you doing?" Matt's blue eyes immediately latched onto Jasmine's approaching figure. A pair of dark brown eyes turned around and caught Jasmine's vibrant blue orbs.

"Very well, Matt. Thank you. May I sit?" She asked politely, Matt nodded profusely and moved across the booth so she could sit next to him. She sat down with a smile and looked towards the dark haired boy across from her.

"I'm Tyler, Tyler Lockwood. You're Winona?" He held out his hand for her to shake but she just stared down at it panicked then back up at Matt. "She can't shake your hand right now, Ty. I'll tell you later." Matt informed the werewolf who just nodded and awkwardly retreated his hand.

"Nice to meet you, you're one of the founding families right?" Jasmine asked the boy, she was always jealous that she was never a part of a founding family and that she couldn't take part in Miss Mystic Falls but with age she got over it.

"The last of the Lockwoods actually." He said sadly, an awkward silence fell over the trio but Matt cleared his throat and announced he was getting get them a round of drinks (a coke for Jasmine though) and exited the booth once Jasmine had let him out.

"If it is any consolation, my parents are dead too. Dreadful accident but I've learnt to live without a parental figure in my life." She leant over the table and placed a hand on Tyler's sleeve, grateful that she didn't get a vision; they seemed to only happen from skin to skin contact.

"How did they die? A friend of mine lost their parents on an accident at Wickery Bridge." Jasmine paused for a moment trying to think of the accident where her parents died but there was no recollection or memory of what happened.

"Excuse me, I have to go." Jasmine blurted out before panickedly exiting the booth leaving Tyler puzzled. Tyler also shot up from the booth leaving a confused Matt at the bar as the werewolf exited the grill after the mysterious girl.

"Winnie! Wait!" Jasmine turned around with panic stricken eyes but felt at ease from the nickname that escaped Tyler's lips. "Are you okay? What happened in there?" Tyler was used to mystery, weird and extraordinary but this girl was something different.

"Sorry I got overwhelmed at the thought of my parents." She lied but the truth was she didn't even know what her parents looked like. She was a walking lie and she had no idea why she had so many gaps in her memories.