Chapter 3: Words cannot express how much I've longed for you

Creds to the artist! ^^

Marinette's mouth hung open, Tikki attempted to close it but failed miserably ending up on the ground. Chat noir had picked up the little kwami and placed the kwami back with its owner.

"B-But... H-How?" She asked, confused about this. Everything started to come back to her.

"Marinette!" Adrien yelled as he caught her in mid air. Marinette was having a tough time working on her project constantly looking for Adrien.

"H-Hi A-Adrien." She waved awkwardly, staring at the boy in front of her who's hands were still on her shoulders. Marinette blushed at the movement, slowly pulling away from Adrien who had a smile on his face.

"You really need to watch where you're going." Adrien laughed, attempting to cheer the girl up. He had succeeded and soon enough the two were having a laughing fit over cat puns.

"Purr-aise me, Adrien!" Marinette yelled like a tyrant, still laughing from the joke before. Adrien nodded his head and bowed down before her making the bluenette blushed. Oh how she wanted to touch his soft blonde hair. But she might end up pulling it, so she shook the thoughts out of her head.

"You're purr-iceless." Adrien teased, both teens blushing at the choice of words. Adrien hadn't noticed that the two were holding each other's hand awkwardly letting go of her hands.

"Yeah yeah, kitty."

'I used to love him...'

Oh, where did the time go? One minute she was accepting an umbrella from a blonde boy who had just started public school, and the next she's off into the fashion industry with a diploma!

"Since when did you know?" Marinette hissed changing moods. Adrien backed away and smiled at her.

"Please don't be mad, M'lady," Adrien smirked, kissing her cheek. This time, it felt wrong. She didn't feel that spark she had in collège.

"I'm not mad, Adrien..." She mumbled, burying her hands in her face. "I just don't feel the spark anymore..." Adrien frowned at Marinette's comment. He had finally found his true love, and now she won't accept him?

"But...I thought this is what you wanted? Us?" Adrien questioned, staring at the stressed girl. The bluenette had burst into tears. She had awaited this moment for so long, but it just wasn't the same!

"I'm sorry Adrien..." She murmured and left his condo, leaving him in a daze. Adrien hung his head low and fell back on his bed. His true love didn't love him back...

'I won't give up. I'll win her heart. Even if it's the last thing I'll do.'

'Words cannot express how much I've longed for you, M'lady.'

Adrien glanced at Plagg who was eating his cheese in delight. He rolled his eyes in annoyance, getting the kwami's attention. Plagg flew next to him still confused.

"What happened?" Plagg asked. He honestly didn't expect that to come out of Plagg's mouth. The kwami who only cared about food. This made Adrien smile and push the thought of Marinette and ladybug out of his head.

"I'm a terrible person Tilki!" Marinette groaned sinking into her bed. Tikki flew to the top of Marinette's head, resting herself there.

"You aren't, Marinette! You have to talk to him!" Tikki gushed, throwing her phone to her side. Marinette shook her head, her tears threatening to spill. She stood up and made her way to her balcony, reminiscing on the moments her and Adrien had shared.