Chapter 65: Pain and love

Please read author's note at the end thank you! 💕

Huh?

Marinette fluttered her eyes open. She moved her head but only felt more pain. Oh right. I fought with the evil Chat noir and I. She groaned and tried to move a muscle, only to feel weaker. At the sound of Marinette's constant groaning, Adrien quickly stood up and rushed to her side.

She was lying down on the tatami mats since this wasn't Master Fu's home and there was nowhere else for her to lie. Adrien just sat on a countertop and leaned his head onto the wall for support so her could fall asleep. Marinette winced in pain once she tried to move her arm again.

Her whole body was full of cuts and bruises from yesterday's fight. "Princess are you okay?" Adrien asked, grabbing a bucket of water and a towel. He dipped it in the water, dabbing Marinette's wounds to clean them. She hissed in pain but persevered to it only because it was good for her.

"Wh-What happened?" She stuttered. Adrien shook his head then looked away once he faced his wife fully. Her lip was swollen and she had a black eye on her left. He could've hidden his tears- no, he should've hidden his tears. But how could he? His wife's face was a wreck. Nonetheless, she was still beautiful but seeing her like this was painful.

It was like something he obliged to when he married her. He was supposed to protect her. And he failed to do that. "Adrien... Your left arm... D-Did you break it?" He looked down at his arm that had a bone in the wrong place. He smiled through the pain, shaking his head. Marinette insisted and gently took his arm into her lap where she examined it.

She gasped as tears began to stream down her face. "Adrien you're not okay... We have to get you to the hospital!" Adrien pulled his hand away making it hurt even more. "It'll compromise our identity. We can't risk it." He mumbled. Marinette clenched her fists and slammed it on the floor. "I don't care about that shit! Adrien your arm isn't going to heal if we don't get it to a doctor." She was fed up with him putting the priorities of others over his.

Well, she did admire that about him. But sometimes it got too out of hand that she would have to remind him to think about himself sometimes too. "Look Princess, I just need to rest it for a few hours and I'll be okay." He reassured her. That's when Marinette snapped.

"Bloody hell, Adrien! I don't care if our identities are revealed! I care more about your safety than-"

"You don't understand! We could be in more danger if we do that!"

Marinette got up from the tatami mat, wiping her pants before taking a deep breath. "You're wounded! I don't want our children to grow up without a father. If you keep up with this act you might endanger yourself." The bluenette wiped her tears, furious at her husband for even thinking of their identities at a time like this.

"Fuck, Marinette, we're arguing because of my selflessness... I'm so sorry M'lady for how I've been acting... I-I'm just on a lot of pressure." He embraced Marinette into a tight hug where they spent a few minutes just standing there enjoying each other's company. They were both in a heap load of trouble if Master Fu found out about this. Luckily he was still in Shanghai so they had a few days to just chill and relax.

Meanwhile, Plagg stared at his wife who was lying unconscious on a piece of foam he had find while he was digging inside the storage room. His mind drifted off to something else he had seen... It was so mysterious and intriguing, it was hard not to think about. Why was it there? What was it's connection to Master Fu?

It all started yesterday when Adrien left him to take care of Marinette. He liked it that way anyways. They could both focus on their wives and well beings. Plagg knew that Adrien would sooner or later get tired of holding Tikki in his palms so he flew into the storage room where he hunted for something soft as small for Tikki to rest on.