Chapter 19: When one door closes, another one opens

It was about 3 AM when Alya had terrible stomach pains. She couldn't sleep at all! The auburn was worried for Gino. What if he wasn't healthy, what if he's... Gone?

'No, I can't think that... But every moment I just lie here thinking about Gino, it worries me!'

"A-Alya? Are you okay?" Nino asked, patting his wife's stomach. Alya shook her head, wincing in the terrible pain she felt in her abdomen.

"Alya! You're bleeding!" Nino exclaimed, taking the sheets off the auburn. The young woman hissed in pain, clutching onto Nino's hand for dear life.

"G-Get me to the hospital..." She whispered. Nino nodded, quickly getting Alayna in the car. Once the little four-year-old was all buckled up, Nino carried his wife out the door and into the car as well.

Adrien and Marinette were not tired at all. After the whole proposal, they decided to have a movie marathon.

The two were snuggled up in bed, Marinette stroking the blonde boy's hair while Adrien twirled with the bluenette's hair.

"I hate this part!" She yelled, throwing the remote at the tv. Adrien chuckled, wrapping his arms even tighter around the girl's frame.

"It's okay, bugaboo... The part's almost over." He told her, kissing the top of her head. Marinette nodded, continuing to watch the movie.

So far they have watched: The little mermaid, Mulan, Pocahontas, Cinderella, Beauty and the beast, sleeping beauty, Princess and the frog, tangled, and right now the lion king.

The telephone rang at approximately 3:30 am. Marinette picked it up to hear Nino screaming.

"Okay, Nino, I can't understand a word you're saying of you shout!" She yelled back, glancing at her fiancé who gave her a worried look.

Nino took a deep breath, trying to calm down. Nothing was working! He absolutely hated the fact he couldn't go into the emergency room with his wife!

"Alya is at the hospital... She-She... I found her wincing in pain... Blood. Blood everywhere. Marinette please help. Bring Adrien with you." He explained. Marinette looked as if her eyes were about to bulge out of her eyes.

"WHAT?!" She screamed in shock. The bluenette was very worried for her best friend. She knew how excited Alya was to have another child.

Marinette hung up, sighing. She got out of bed, slipping herself in some jogging pants and a sweater.

"What's wrong, Princess?" Adrien asked, quickly slipping on some sweats as well.

"Alya... She's having a miscarriage. I know it. My mom had one too, that's the reason why I'm an only child..." She cried. Adrien pulled her close, letting his fiancée cry in his shirt.

"Shhh... Don't dwell on the past, Mari. What's more important is that we make sure Alya and Gino are safe." Marinette sadly smiled, driving away to the hospital.

Nino was really really tense. Not only was he taking care of his daughter, but he had to rush Alya to the hospital!

He knew taking her out all the time was a bad idea.

Why didn't he listen?

"NINO! NINO! Where is she?!!!" The young man pointed to the emergency room door. Marinette pushed past the two boys, rushing into the room.

"Let go of me, you idiots!" She yelled as the security guards held onto both of her arms.

"Mari!" Adrien was furious. Never in his life had he ever done this, but he pushed the two security guards onto the ground.

"Family of Alya Lahiffe?" The doctor called out. The three adults stood up, running to the doctor who was holding a bunch of papers.

"I'm sorry to say that the baby didn't make it... Alya had a miscarriage." The doctor announced, walking calmly back into the ER.

The young man pounced on the wall, watching as his daughter tried to pry him off the wall. Never had he ever thought this would happen.

Soon, Alya was finally awake, alive and well. The two soon to be a married couple were very sad for their best friends' lost.

"Where's Gino?" Alya asked, sitting up to grab a blanket she and Marinette had bought awhile ago.

"Alya, Gino is... He's... He's gone..." Marinette mumbled, not looking into her best friend's eyes that were starting to get glossy.

Alya kept shaking her head. "No! No! Where's my son?!!!"

The bluenette tried to calm her down, reasoning with her. But she just couldn't take it. Nothing hurts more than losing your own child.

"GINO!" She cried out, sobbing in her husband's arms. Their four-year-old daughter walked up to them slowly, joining in the hug.

"A-Alya, what about our trip? The one at the island?" Nino asked. Alya just shook her head, swiping everything off the table with her sore hand.

"Marinette and Adrien can go... I-I can't do this anymore, Nino... It hurts." She whispered, placing her daughter in her lap.

"Mama, don't cry!" Alayna perked up. Of course, no one could say no to the little girl! Alya nodded, putting on a fake smile for her child.

"So... Mari, are we up for it?" Marinette nodded her head slowly, picking up the stuff Alya had threw on the ground.

Chloe was having one of those days again. Those days where Kim wasn't at home. The days where he was with Alix. It always broke her heart to know that it was a pity that made him marry her.

"Mum? Are you okay?" Cathy asked her, peeking out of the door frame. Chloe nodded, signaling her daughter to come there.

Cathy always knew about her father's affair with another woman. She always loved Alix as her aunt, but after all of this... She couldn't look at her!

She was the one who caused all the pain.

To her mother.

To her.

Cathy skipped towards the blonde, resting between her legs. Her mother had a bunch of tissues surrounding her while pictures of their whole family were ripped and burned.

"Cathy, I want to ask you this again." She sighed, caressing the little girl's cheek.

"Do you promise me you won't ever fall in love?"

"Yes, mum." She giggled, squeezing her mother in a tight embrace.

"Miss Bourgeois! Miss Bourgeois!" The maid called out, holding two booklets in her hand.

"Two tickets! To America!" She sighed dreamily, clasping her hands together. Cathy's face lit up as well as her mother's.

"America... We're going there." She smiled, remembering the exact words her mother had said to her.

When one door closes, another door opens.