Chapter 84: The next carrier

"That's why I'd like to resign," she finished off, clutching her hands tightly together behind her back as she waited for his answer. Gabriel sat leaned back on his chair after Marinette flew all the way to New York to tell him she was resigning for good.

For the first time in forever, his face was scornful and rather angry. Rather than a blank and expressionless face, this one showed a lot of emotion. She gulped as Gabriel emerged from his seat, walking towards the bluenette with arms folded over his chest. "I understand your reasons and would like to apologize on my son's behalf. We do hope to see you soon and wish for you to have a happy life."

A small smile crept on her face at Gabriel's expected reply. She knew he'd say something along those lines, but she knew that he was also very angry at his son for cheating on her. Though she had no intention in staying any longer and wanted to start anew.

Annalise frowned as she stood beside Gabriel's desk, head bowed down with shame. She could hardly believe her son cheated on such a loving girl such as this one. Adrien definitely needed some advice. Not only was she concerned for Marinette, but also for the troublemaker of a son she had. "Marinette... I sincerely apologize for Adrien's-"

She cut her off, raising her hand in front of the older woman's face. "No, it alright. You don't need to apologize for something you didn't do. I wish you and Mr. Agreste a happy life. I promise I'll have the kids visit once we settle into our new home." Annalise only nodded knowing it was the only thing she could do right now.

She watched as she left with the three kids trailing closely behind her. Turning back to her husband, Gabriel buried his face into his hands, exhaling sharply. He jolted back up and slid his chair to where his telephone was, punching in a few number that she immediately recognized.

Adrien. She silently prayed Gabriel wouldn't assault him with questions concerning the girl he supposedly hooked up with. He tapped his finger impatiently on the desk, waiting for his son to answer his phone. After a few moments someone finally picked up. "Hello?"

"Come to New York. Right this instant. Take the private jet for all I care, just go here now." Then he quickly hung up, sinking back into his chair. Annalise approached her husband and rubbed his arm reassuringly, concerned about how the father and son's conversation would go.

It'd take him a while before arriving here, considering New York was all the way in North America while Paris was in Europe. Gabriel let out a frustrated sigh as he swiped his finger up on the tablet screen, scrolling through the recent Paris news stories.

And as he predicted, Adrien's face was all over the news. Several broadcasters had already tried to interview his son after finding out his whereabouts in the Paris hospital. He gritted his teeth, quickly typing up an email to Nathalie who stayed back home to take care of the manor.

To: Nathalie

Subject: Adrien.

I'd like to make a small request to cancel all of Adrien's credit cards. Make sure he doesn't get a single euro out of his pay check or the company for that matter. Leave a little money for his ticket here to New York and back. Other than that, transfer all his money to my account.

If the bank asks why you're cancelling them, just say it's was my orders.

He slumped back in his chair, thinking about all the possible things Adrien would say at him once he finds out he's the one behind his sudden bankruptcy. Things didn't have to come to this. If he had stayed loyal to Marinette and didn't sleep with another woman, this wouldn't have had to happen.

"YOU'RE WHAT?!"

Marinette dug her nails into the leather seat making small scratch marks that were noticeable to anyone who sat on it. Today her and Luka decided to meet up once again at the small cafe. According to what the bluenette has said she needed to tell him something important and confidential.