Chapter 15: When two paths cross again

"Marinette?"

Adrien took a step forward, caressing the girl's cheek just in case he was dreaming.

"Yes Adrien, it's me." She smiled. A little glint of sadness showed in his bright green emerald eyes, but soon it was glossy, and he couldn't see a thing.

All he could see was the beautiful young lady standing in front of him.

He embraced her in a bone-crushing hug, whispering in her ear 'I love you' multiples times.

All the fears she had when she was in New York, disappeared, vanished. Because of one hug.

'I'm home'

Adrien never let go of the bluenette, either hugging her or kissing her. She was all he ever needed. Without her, his life would be so... Empty.

They fit together like yin and yang.

They watched as the blue sky turned into a pitch black one with stars surrounding it.

"Adrien look!" Marinette pointed to a shooting star, which zoomed through the sky. Adrien smiled, keeping his eyes on her. She was happy, he was happy. Who wasn't?

No one.

Because of this time, Nathanael let go of her.

"Where's my wifey?" Nathanael sang, walking towards Lila who was currently feeding their son, Nathan.

"Over here." She giggled. "Nathan, say hi to daddy!" The little one-year-old boy waddled to his father, clutching onto his big leg.

It had been 2 years since Lila and he has been together. They met last summer when Lila mistaken was Marinette still living with him.

They had fun just chatting and letting loose. They had gotten married a little too soon. After 3 months of being together, they didn't date, just hang out with friends.

Until Nathanael decided to pop the question. Lila was shocked at first but surprisingly said yes. They got married two weeks later, and then 9 months later, they had a child.

Nathan.

They were very joyful and thankful for the little bundle of joy.

Nathanael had forgotten all about Marinette. He was all focused on his wife and son.

Adrien and Marinette slept on the couch peacefully sleeping after a movie marathon that consisted 9 hours of nonstop watching old Disney movies.

They also watched a few clips from their highschool days, clips of ladybug and Chat Noir, clips of them being together.

They caught up with each other, talked about what happened over the past year and a half... They basically spent every minute with each other.

Marinette pinched the blonde's cheeks, smirking before kissing him. "Okay, so... What's next?"

Adrien took a deep breath before replying, "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, will you be my girlfriend?" The girl was absolutely stunned. She had no idea they weren't dating yet!

"A-Adrien... I-I don't know what to say... YES! Of course you silly kitty!" She attacked him in a hug before kissing his cheek making the man blush.

"Yes!" He shouted, grabbing the girl by her legs, lifting her up. He spun her around a few times, before collapsing on the couch, Marinette on top of him.

"Marinette!" He whined, trying to pry off the girl. Marinette just sat still, bouncing up and down.

"Since I only asked you to be my girlfriend, I guess our plans on getting married will have to be delayed, huh?" Marinette shook her head in disbelief, before rolling on the floor laughing her head off.

"Adrien! You just asked me to be your girlfriend! Of course, I'd say no!" She teased him, bopping the boy's nose.

"But in all seriousness, I would've been happy if you proposed right here, right now." She smirked before leaving the man to think. Was she really serious?

'No way! I'm not just going to ask her that yet!'

Marinette walked into her kitchen, grabbed her culinary things, and started to cook some baked goods for Adrien. The man sure loved his croissants.

She decided to surprise him with some deliciously buttered fresh-made croissants later.

Mixing the batter together, she shaped it into a croissant mold, taking it to the oven to cook.

She waited patiently but had to answer the door since someone had knocked. It was no other person but Gabriel Agreste.

"Hello, Mr. Agreste! C-Can I help you?" Gabriel furrowed his eyebrows before pushing the girl away to enter her condo.

"Mari, can we go pat- Father!" He yelped, seeing as Gabriel was here standing in front of him.

"I see Marinette has come back early. Miss Marinette, I have heard about your company..." He sat down on one of her chairs, crossing his arms looking more serious.

"Yes, yes. I know... I shouldn't have done that." She laughs nervously, scratching the back of her neck not knowing what to do.

"No, no... I have a better offer. How would you like to become my personal fashion designer? Trust me, it will all be put under your name." He proposed, clasping his hands together.

Marinette thought for a moment, asking herself, "is this the right thing to do?'.

The bluenette stuck her hand out for Gabriel to shake, which he surprisingly did, leaving shortly after.

Things were looking better for Marinette and Adrien.

But, will it last long?

Ayyyy Ima publish 1 more chapter because well, just cause 😂 Anyways, happy reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!