Chapter 34: Pain

The bluenette closed her eyes. The world was locked in darkness as she got beaten. Pain flared up everywhere. And Marinette couldn't do anything about it.
After 10 minutes of Chloe screaming and kicking her, Marinette couldn't take it anymore and she fainted.
***
Marinette's POV

How long has it been since I been here? Has it been days or weeks or... even months?
Adrianna. Oh, how I longed for her. Is she safe? Is she okay? Nonsense. How can she be okay without her mother? ...And Adrien. Gosh. Oh, poor Adrien. He must be so worried sick. I felt a lot of emotions. First was sadness. Then pain. So much pain. Then all sorts of anger.

How could Chloe do this...
She's a monster who can no longer be saved.

My eyes were welling with sudden tears. I couldn't take it anymore.
I wanted the pain to disappear.

The bruises were everywhere. On my hip. My face. My stomach.

I knew why she was doing this... She wasn't over Adrien. Well, I'm not giving up on him... And I hope he doesn't give up on me.

No one's POV:
She was in such great pain, she thought she wouldn't make it. What happened to her daughter? Had Adrien moved on? Or is he waiting for her?

'I hope he's still waiting... I can't wait to see Adrianna again.'

Meanwhile, Adrien was having a fun time with his daughter at the zoo, exploring the whole place with Alya and her two daughters Alayna and Analya.

"Daddy!" Adrianna screamed, pointing at the ladybug that landed on her finger. Tears threatened to spill, as Adrianna played with the small ladybug.

"Miwracuwous wadybug!" The three girls yelled in unison, watching the ladybug fly away. Only Adrien understood what it meant, which means that Alya couldn't understand why he was acting this way.

Alya nudged him lightly, smiling. "She'll be back, I just know it. No one can knock Marinette down." She laughed, carrying her daughter on her hip.

"I hope."

The three girls stumbled upon a ladybug exhibit, running to see all the kinds of ladybugs. Adrianna giggled, playing with each one of them.

Adrien chuckled seeing as his daughter clearly had an interest in bugs. He knew she would be some adventurer when she's older.

"Look, I want you to tell me... Do you wanna live?" Chloe asked, grabbing onto the bluenette's face.

Marinette just spat at her, giving the blonde girl daggers. "Imbecile! I have your life in my hands!" She shouted, slapping the girl.

Marinette screamed and cried, but it didn't help... Chloe just cackled and watched the girl suffer.

She took her phone out, putting it on video to face to Marinette who was lying down on the cold hard floor all beaten up.

"If you ever want to see your wife live, marry me. If not, then... Say goodbye to Marinette!" She yelled in the camera, turning it off.

The bluenette started to fumble with the ropes in an attempt to get them off. She only failed and watched as Chloe sent the video to Adrien.

Adrien was lying down on his empty bed, staring at the window intently, hoping for Marinette to be down there.

But she wasn't.

He had hoped she would be downstairs in the garden, playing with Adrianna... She missed her 1st birthday. What if she misses all of them?

What if she's dead?

His eyes were glued on his phone once he saw a video had been sent to him by Chloe. He was hesitant at first but decided to look at it.

He threw his phone out the window, smashing it into a thousand pieces, punching the wall. Chloe had her.

Chloe had Marinette for hostage. He saw how beaten up she was. Her face was filled with bruises, her hair was all over the place, and her beautiful designer clothes were tattered.

Now that he knew who did this to her, he needed solid evidence. He was going to agree with what Chloe wanted.

In return for Marinette...

Even if he had to marry the woman he loathed, he would do it. He would die for her!

'As long as they bring her back, I'll be fine...'

"Mr. Agreste, someone here's to see you." His assistant told him, walking out the room. Adrien nodded trudging down the stairs to see Chloe standing there.

"Hellooooo Adrikins~" She sang, giving the man a peck on the cheek.

"Where's Marinette?" He asked.

Chloe giggled, taking her phone out to show a picture of Marinette sleeping.

"She's out cold... Don't worry, Adrikins. I'll stand in for Marinette." She smiled. Adrien glared at her in disgust, turning away from the blonde.

"Once I have enough evidence on you, Chloe you'll be sorry." He threatened her, throwing a case that nearly hit the brat's face.

"Once you have enough evidence Marinette will be dead!" She yelled, strutting out of the mansion.

Tears began to spring in his eyes, closing the door behind him. He was a total wreck. This wasn't supposed to happen...

He needed time. He was going to marry Chloe... Not soon, but in a year or two. It'll give him enough time to find evidence and bring justice.

"You just wait, Chloe Bourgeois... I'm going to bring you down for all your wrongdoings."

Short chapter but whatever >•< Anyways, happy reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!