Chapter 13: Was it even destined to be?

Creds to the artist! ^^

Marinette was done her weekly designs that Miss A had assigned her to do. She had happened to pass by the young woman who was on the phone furiously yelling at whoever was on the other side.

Yes, Marinette did get a promotion. She was Miss A's personal designer. Can you believe that? She designed clothes for Miss A to wear!

"Marinette, can you leave the room for a second? I just need to handle this client." Marinette nodded, walking out of the premises where Miss A resumed to scream.

"I told you not to call me! We are through! You only cared about your job, you only cared about yourself! For goodness sake, you didn't even acknowledge our son!" She exclaimed, rubbing her forehead with both of her hands.

Marinette sighed knowing this would be another long phone call. She quickly called Alya and headed out into her office looking behind her one more time before strutting away.

Annalise was furious! Did he call her after all these years? Yes, maybe she did get some of the money from her ex-husband, but he can't tear it down!

"I have told you once. I have told you twice. I have told you a million times I am not selling my company!" She slammed her hand on the desk, making everything on it wobble.

"I don't care about your company! I want my money back!" The man yelled back. Annalise rolled her eyes, before proceeding.

"Never! And if you excuse me, I need to talk to my secretary about the paperwork! I want my son back!" The man gasped and shook his head vigorously.

"You're just gonna show up just like that? Do you think your son wants you? Ha! He's 24, Annalise! You've been gone for a long time!" He snarled, cackling in the process.

"Age doesn't matter! I just want to see my son!"

Marinette whistled, passing by Miss A's office which the door was opened wide to reveal the lady still talking furiously on the phone.

"I don't care how many laws I have to break! I just want my son, Gabriel!" She broke down into tears, sinking down to her knees.

'G-Gabriel?'

Marinette slowly stepped into Miss A's room, crouching down to comfort the lady who was crying.

"Miss A? Are you alright?" She asked, a concerned look on her face. Annalise nodded, before standing up to dust her skirt.

"I-I'm fine... It's just my ex-husband, Gabriel Agreste... He's...He's being very rude..." She sniffled, grabbing a picture frame of her with Gabriel Agreste and their son...

'Adrien?'

"W-Wait... Miss A, does the A stand for Agreste?!" She squeaked out, still surprised at the new information she got.

"Yes, I am Mrs. Agreste... Is it wrong for a mother to want to see her son again? Adrien is so... So much like me..." She sighed, keeping her head hung low.

"Yeah, he really is." She giggled.

'Does Miss Dupain-Cheng know my son?'

"Y-You know Adrien?" She asked the bluenette who just smiled and started to show her pics of him and her bonding together.

"If you love Adrien, then why are you here?" Marinette shrugged but decided to tell Mrs. Agreste everything that had happened over the years.

She really did love her son.

Like a lot.

Today, Marinette was launching her very first fashion line. Annalise was very nervous since she's going to see her son and her ex-husband Gabriel. What happened was still a blur to her.