Chapter 46: Where are you?

Alyana ran and ran, until the school was out of sight. She didn't even bother to look back. What she did was right. ...At least in her mind it was.

See, she had a reason to run away. What was her reason to live?

She would've killed herself by now if it weren't for Nathan... Cathy and her friends were just too much for her. Nothing like Marinette. Even though she was compared to her many times. Too many to count.

Fear kept creeping onto her. The fear where everyone will turn on her. Where she'll be an outcast; even to her family. Alyana paused for a second, walking to a big oak tree, resting on one of the branches all the while trying to catch her breath.

How many miles will she have to run until she finds him? How many days will she last all alone? In the night time, with no one to protect her?

No, she shouldn't be thinking like that. She chose to do this. The thought of not having him here, beside her, was becoming to unbearable.

Where was he? Where would she begin?

"Where are you, Nath?" She sighed, climbing up the tree and onto a higher and ticker branch.

"Nathan? It's lunch time, come along!" A woman 5'4 tall with long brown hair called out. "Oui, Madame!" It was weird.

Weird to not be with his mother and father. It was weird that he wasn't in Paris anymore. He travelled so far, for too long.

And luckily for him, he found a family who took him in. They weren't very well off though. Now, he lives in a small village outside of Paris.

"Bonjour, Madame Grace!" A girl beamed. The girl was the same age as Nathan with blonde hair and brown eyes. "Bonjour, Nathan!"

Nathan rolled his eyes. He knew about her crush on him. But, Grace forced him to be nice to her. "Bonjour, Alessia..."

"Eat up, children. You won't be eating for another day..." Grace mumbled the last part, wiping her hands on a cloth that was very old. She dusted off her ragged clothes and fixed her hair into a ponytail.

Then, all of a sudden 4 more children showed up. Grace had a total of 8 children. Well... 9 now. They all came stumbling in with empty stomachs.

"Madame, do you have any... What are those called? Macarons?" Nathan asked politely, finishing off the last of his food. Grace had once again prepared some eggs and apple juice for the kids to eat.

He was already getting sick of it! Sometimes he would decline eating so that he wouldn't eat it again. Grace laughed, shaking her head in confusion. "Macaron? What is that?"

His eyes were as wide as saucers. No one knew what macarons were? "U-Uh... It's a cookie and it has a filling in the middle." Alessia pushed her food aside and scooted closer to Nathan in astonishment.

"A macaron? Nathan, did you used to be rich? My father mentioned eating one of those but it's been a long time..." She told him sadly, keeping her head hung low. Her father had died two years ago. It was still a sensitive subject.

"How about croissants?" They all shook their heads again and tilted their heads to the side in confusion. "Madame Grace, can we go to Le Grand Paris?" Grace looked up at Nathan.

She stayed silent hoping he would change the subject. Then she pursed her lips and said, "Nathan, I do hope you understand that this place isn't as well off as where you lived... Paris, correct?"

He nodded his head. All those memories of them as a family and rolling in. Whenever Lila came home she would have a bag full of croissants and macarons. Then, on the weekends they would go out to eat at the Grand Paris Hotel.

Paris... When will he ever see it again? No, he won't go back. Although he did want to see Alyana again...

Alyana woke up at the crack of dawn, rubbing her eyes open. She looked at her surroundings and stood up, continuing to run.

"Nathan, I hope wherever you are, you are safe..."

"Why are we arguing about this again?!" Marinette exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air in frustration. Adrien shrugged and glared at her.

They were once again arguing about Reana. It just didn't seem right to let her go. To fire her! Marinette was being very sensitive about it, and that's not how it's going to be.

"Marinette can we please just-"

A ring silenced their arguments as they glanced at the telephone. Marinette picked it up and dropped the phone immediately, tears springing from her eyes.

"M-Marinette?" Adrien walked towards her, wrapping his arms around her petite body. They had just gotten the news that Alyana was missing. Marinette of course was upset. That was her best friend's daughter.

"Look Adrien," She swiped the tears away from her eyes, not bothering to even take a look at him. "Can we talk about this later? I-I just..."

"No, Marinette. I'm sorry. I'm being a jerk for defending her when you're my wife. Please forgive me, Princess." Adrien apologized, showering her face with kisses.

The bluenette giggled and squirmed in his arms, pushing him into the bed. "Plagg told me all about your little weak spot." She smirked, tickling her husband by his sides.

"Marinette! HAHAHAHA! Stop!" She shot him a 'revenge' look and continued on. "You know I love you, right?"

Adrien smiled and pulled her in closer to him. "I know."

"That's what makes us Adrienette." He hummed happily.

Marinette's eyes widened and she smacked him with a pillow.

"Aw, c'mon! Adrienette is our ship name!"

"SHUT UP!" She yelled, covering her face with another pillow.

"Don't deny it, M'lady~"

Alya sunk to her knees, hugging her daughter's picture. Why wasn't she aware of this? Was she really a terrible mother to not even notice her own daughter was sad?

Analya opened the door to her sister's room and embraced her mother. She too had found out that Alyana went missing. It was very sad for her even if she was 3.

But, she wasn't going to give up. She's going to find her sister even if she gets killed in the process.

A three year old can handle theirselves, right?

Right?

Damn, these are so crappy, my sincere apologies! My writing is still very off! I just don't have a solid idea what to do next! But don't worry once I do have one I'll update again! How do you like the story so far? Anyways, happy reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!