Chapter 8: Lies

Creds to the artist! ^^

After the long, eventful day with Adrien, it was now the next day, meaning a new adventure. Marinette was enthusiastic, curling her hair and putting a bit more makeup on. Of course, her parents were surprised at Marinette's sudden actions, causing them to think if this is their daughter.

Marinette swiftly entered the tranquil room, excited to be working with her best friend, who used to be her crush; Adrien Agreste.

"You're looking quite dandy, Princess." Adrien complimented her, both cheeks turning pink.

Marinette blew a kiss in his direction, knowing this would make him flustered. "And you are too, kitty."

Adrien was blushing furiously. He didn't know Marinette was capable of flirting. Especially with him since she used to be that shy, talented, kindhearted girl who sat behind him. Not that she wasn't talented and kindhearted anymore, but you know...

They had another business discussion, talking about the new fashion line, and how things would work out. Surprisingly, the two worked very well together, not making any noise but soft whispers.

A few hours later, the two decided to take a break. Marinette would ask him later to work on it more if he wasn't busy.

After the bluenette left, Adrien sighed and sat back into his chair before hearing a loud thud coming from upstairs.

"Adrien Agreste! Where is Adrien Agreste?" A man called out, making Adrien jump out of his seat. He quickly opened the door to reveal Chloe's father, who was the mayor of Paris, fuming.

"You!" He shouted, pointing at Adrien. Stomping furiously, he grabbed the collar of his shirt, just like Chloe did, pushing him onto the hard wall.

"You dare to cheat on my daughter?!!!" He exclaimed, finally letting go of Adrien's collar. He breathes heavily before storming off to who knows where.

Meanwhile...

"Tikki, I-I... Should I have let him go?" Marinette asked her little companion, slamming her head on the desk.

"Oh, Marinette... You and Adrien are on good terms now." Tikki told her, hugging the bluenette's cheek. Marinette laughed before dialing a number. Adrien's number to be exact.

"Hello?" A voice picked up.

Marinette was having a debate in her head. Should she just hang up and say it was an accident?

'No, that would be harsh!'

"H-Hi, Adrien! I-It's M-Marinette! Just wondering if you wanna work on the fashion line later...?" She stuttered, unable to say anything else.

"I would love to. I'll be there in 3 hours, is that fine?" He asked, quite enthusiastic about seeing her again.

He has to admit it. Although Chloe's father threatened him, he couldn't change his heart. His feelings. He loved Marinette. He never stopped loving her.

"Y-yep! B-bye!" She quickly hung up, burying her face in her hands.

"Tikki! What did I just do?!!" She asked the kwami, internally screaming.

"I think this is the first step, Marinette! Good job!" She praised her owner, knowing his sensitive Marinette was about these things.

'A date! A date with Adrien! Wait, am I ready?'

"Marinette! Marinette! Look at this!" Tikki yelled, showing her a picture of her and Adrien bonding at the bakery on the magazine.

She gasped at the sight. It had the words, "Is Adrien Agreste cheating on his wife?" Imprinted on it. How could she let this happen?!

A phone vibration made her jump, but she gladly picked it up.

"Adrien!" She yelled, frustratingly.

"M-Marinette? We didn't do anything wrong, r-right?" He managed to stutter out. He was so fed up with the magazine lies. It was obvious they were just friends.

"Who would do this?!!" She asked herself, not realizing Adrien was still on the other side of the phone.

"Chloe." They spat out the name in unison.

'How could she?'

'Is it really worth marrying this woman who will keep hurting my princess all the time?'

"Let's just not meet up." She sighed, hanging up before Adrien could speak. She was fed up with the lies.

Everything.

Was.

Falling.

Apart.

And she didn't know how to fix it.
But Marinette should have done something instead of nothing.

2 weeks later...

Rumors were spread, but Gabriel knew his son. He knew Marinette by just looking at her. She was not capable of any wrongdoing. Soon after, 3 days after the magazine had published, Gabriel contacted them saying to take it down.

Of course, being a world renown fashion designer, he got his ways. He apologized to Marinette, and so did Mayor Bourgeois.

But of course, the story doesn't end here, doesn't it?

He couldn't believe it. He was getting married. To CHLOE. The woman he despised, the one who almost ruined Marinette's reputation... He was forced to, after all.

Today was his wedding day. Two weeks ago he was happy with Marinette, and now, he was getting remarried to Chloe. It was hardly believable.

"You look amazing, Adrien!" His Kwami, Plagg, told him smiling. He just sighed and stared blankly outside the small window. He wondered what Marinette was up to.

Quickly getting into his tux, he arrived at the church, waiting for his wife to be. Chloe was very excited, while Adrien, was not.

'Yay me'

Marinette, of course, was devastated to hear this news. She had just worked up the courage to go up to him and tell him she didn't care if her reputation got ruined. She just wanted Adrien by her side.

And now, he was getting married.

But she wasn't going to allow it.

She was going to fight for Adrien.

Even if it's the last thing she'll do.

Damn, what she gonna do next? I know the next part you'll kill me and hate me for sure! Anyways, happy reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!