Chapter 80: Breakdowns

Luka pulled up just in front of the gates of the Agreste manor. The ride back was... awkward to say the least. None of them spoke a word. Luka would occasionally say something to try and strike up a conversation, but Marinette would just stare down at her feet. He felt sorry for what happened with her and Adrien.

Then again he had his own problems to deal with. Kagami was back and closer than ever. Before he left with Marinette, Kagami told him that she was Adrien's secretary and asked him to come along with her as a friend. He tried to explain that to Marinette but she blocked anything that came out of his mouth.

Tomorrow they'd go to a cafe and talk everything out. Despite the countless amounts of times he rejected her offer earlier tonight, he wanted to rekindle their friendship. At some point they were friends after all and it'd be wrong if they didn't keep that either. Marinette still hadn't moved. She was still sitting on her seat waiting for something—Christmas, he didn't know! Luka shook her lightly, "Marinette?" That caught her attention. She put her head up and unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Thanks," She faintly whispered at Luka, opening the car door and rushing to her home. Marinette looked back to see Luka waving at her and smiling. Her heart skipped a beat at his smile, she wanted to avoid it.

As soon she got inside, she ran up the stairs ignoring her kids' greetings. All she wanted was to curl up on her bed and cry her eyes out. Today was nothing like she hoped for. Instead of pure happiness and joy she finds that her own husband's betrayed her. He was at the party she originally invited him to with another woman. Having fun and laughing!

People can call her petty and selfish for all they want, but what she witnessed last night... She could never forget the way he smiled today. It was bright and pure, like the one he wore at their wedding day. Is that how long he hasn't smiled for? 4 years? Their past few years weren't very pretty but they sure were meaningful. In the gap of those 4 years they had 2 children, Hugo and Adrianna.

Her mind trailed off to her two young children. What would happen to them now? For sure her and Adrien would get into a huge argument and completely blow each other off. She hadn't noticed that her breathing had become dangerously unsteady. Slowly slipping down the bed, she clutched onto the bedsheets while trying to get her breathing steady again. Doing the most obvious thing to do right now, she quietly sobbed.

Kendra wanted to barge in and comfort Marinette, but she was trying to hold back her anger. She knew Adrien had something to do with all of this, so she mentally cursed about him. "Kendwa... Why is mummy?" She jumped at the sight of Adrianna, cuddling her pink teddy bear. Kendra sighed, "She's just watching something... Let's go back to your room and play tea party!" The least she could do was to distract her siblings.

But deep down she was concerned for Marinette. What if she tried to do something? She shuddered at the thought of something so horrendous. "Quit thinking like that!" Then slapped her cheeks to gain consciousness.

Marinette grabbed her phone from her purse and scrolled through the many pictures of her and Adrien. It ranged from 6 years ago to the present. Each photo she came across, a tear drip down her cheek and onto her phone screen. She wiped it with her hand, throwing her head back and groaning in frustration.

Although she was upset at Adrien, she also wanted to cuddle in his arms and have him tell her everything would be alright between the two of them. She rocked back and forth, knees huddled up to her chest as she tried to think positive thoughts. But today just wasn't a positive day for her at all.

Adrien trudged to the entrance, opening up the doors to find Marinette's heels at the doorstep. "Shit," he mumbled, running a finger through his hair. That only meant Marinette was already at home probably in the room sulking. He strode up the stairs, bursting through the doors of their room.