Chapter 79: Dance Extravaganza

"A-Adrien?"

"Luka?"

"M-Marinette?"

"Kagami?"

The four stood across from each other, mouths agape at the sights before them. Marinette and Adrien were shocked the most though. She remembered he specifically told her that he wouldn't be able to make it due to work. So why was he here with someone else?

Her eyes trailed down to their hands that were entwined. It made her blood boil. Luka could feel the tense in Marinette's shoulders, being linked arm to arm. "Isn't that Adrien?" He whispered in her ear.

Marinette just froze, unable to coherent a single word. Her eyes were fixed on their attire. Adrien wore a grey vest over a simple white polo and some dress pants, while this woman—who Luka introduced as Kagami, wore a blue sparkly shoulderless dress that ended up to her knees with a black cardigan over top.

She's really pretty, Marinette thought to herself. Adrien on the other hand was thinking the same thing. Marinette wore a long red dress that was lace at its strings, while her partner, Luka, wore a simple sweater over a grey polo. Kagami tugged on Adrien's hand, "I'm going to go talk to him..." She glanced at Luka who was motioning for her to come over. Adrien nodded and walked towards Marinette.

Her face was filled with hurt and confusion. Why was he here? "Marinette..." He started off slowly. A surge of anger overcame her and she slapped him with her right hand, tears falling freely from her face. All he could do was hold his sore cheek and grab Marinette with the other.

"Hey, wait," he coaxed, refraining her from leaving. Marinette kept insisting for him to let her go but he wouldn't budge. It pained him to see his own wife cry. Especially because of him. "Who the hell do you think you are—going out with someone else instead of your wife? You said you were busy!" She exclaimed.

Adrien realized that she too took someone else out to the dance other than him. "And how about you? Going with that Luka guy. I should've known..." His words however didn't help. Marinette rose her hand to slap him again, but stopped midway, collapsing on the ground.

The once lively, boisterous crowd quieted down and watched the two argue. Some of them began to whisper among each other, "Isn't that Adrien and Marinette Agreste?" Adrien heard someone mumble. He knelt to the ground, taking Marinette's hands in his. "I didn't mean to come. I just made a promise with Kagami," he admitted.

But Marinette wouldn't take it as an explanation. She began to cry harder at every word he spoke. "That's not the point! I'm your wife, Adrien! We barely see each other and now I see you go out with someone else?! Yes, I'm being a hypocrite because I'm out with Luka but at least I didn't say no to my husband then go off with another!"

She expected Luka to butt in any second from now but it seemed like he had his own problems to deal with. The way Kagami and Luka looked at each other; it was hatred and sadness. Something happened between those two.

Kagami advanced towards Luka who sat unwilling at a table in the far corner. He didn't want anyone to hear their conversation or for anyone to see them. It could spell trouble for the both. "Luky..." Kagami quietly spoke up. Luka ran his fingers through his non-gelled hair, sighing.

"How could I be so stupid? Tsurugi. Kagami Tsurugi." She was already at the verge of tears at his choice of words, and his attitude didn't make it any better. He just glared at her, waiting for her to reply. But all she did was stare at him. What was she supposed to say anyways?

He was too occupied to notice the sudden peacefulness in the room. He could hear crying and yelling in the background, though he figured it wasn't in his position to check it out. He had his own conflicts. "I never knew you lived in Paris..." She admitted.