Chapter 58: An unknown curse

The hurt and sadness in her eyes pained him. Two weeks had passed since she had gotten the news. Marinette was as weak as ever. Never did they her so... Vulnerable.

"Marinette?" Adrien shook her slightly to no avail. She just kept crying and crying. He was starting to get worried. "Mari you need to eat." She shook her head.

He sighed and took his hand in hers. "I know you're hurt." Marinette backed away with tears in her eyes. "No! I'm not hurt! I hate myself! I hate who I've became! I hate that I forgot one of the most important people in my life!"

He understood her situation. Who wouldn't? She didn't even know how badly she treated her family. Not that he was saying anything. But he gets why she's so angry at herself.

A knock was heard from outside the room. Adrien stood up and opened the door only to find Master fu with a box. "Master fu? What are you doing here?"

He chuckled lightly, taking his coat off and putting it on a nearby coat rack. "Hello Adrien. Is... Marinette here?" At the mention of Marinette's name, his smile turned into a frown.

Master fu seemed to notice this. "Is there something wro-" When he stepped into the room his mouth hung open. Marinette was just lying there. No movement at all. He continued to walk into the bedroom with his hands on her forehead.

She was very pale and thin... Not such a good thing. Considering that... "What has happened to Marinette?" It was still a fragile topic to talk about but he knew he would have to tell him sometime.

"Marinette found it she has a sister..."

"Bridgette." He mumbled. Adrien's ears perked up at the name. How did Master fu know her? "How do you..." The man took out a book from his pocket, opening it for Adrien to see.

There were pictures of Marinette and Bridgette. Together. "Why do you have these?" Then his eyes widened. There was only one explanation to all of this...

Master fu nodded. "I'm their grandfather." Now it was Adrien's turn. His mouth hung wide open while his eyes were as big as saucers. "But they don't know that. Because I'm cursed."

"Cursed?"

"Yes, cursed."

Adrien looked back at Marinette who still lied still on the bed. "When does- -How can we break it?" Master fu grumbled something Adrien couldn't understand as he shook his head.

"There is no cure. Hawkmoth has to be defeated before I can be with my granddaughters and daughter once again." Adrien could almost see the tears that were welling up in his eyes.

He would've felt the same anyways. Just imagine; Your daughter and granddaughters not remembering you. It would be a sad and lonely world.

Adrien's brain started to rack up a lot of questions. "Who cursed you?"

Master fu had looked hesitant at saying the same. Almost as if it would be forbidden to say the name. "I cannot say the name. They are not good people, Adrien." It still confused him though.

Why would they curse him? He had done nothing wrong. ...Nothing that he knows. "You need to come to Shanghai with me. Marinette too. In fact you're whole family."

And so, the Agreste family boarded a plane to Shanghai for some special training. Adrien was glad that Marinette was feeling much better.

She was interacting with people more, eating and sleeping when needed. She smiled more often then before. Perhaps a vacation would be her escape. Marinette rested her head on Adrien's shoulder as she drifted off to sleep.

But before that... "Adrien I'm sorry." Marinette whispered to her husband, caressing his cheek with her free hand. She had become such a burden for the last two week. She didn't mean to. It wasn't what she planned.

"You don't need to apologize. We know how hard it was for you to accept it. At least you're better now!" She giggled and slapped his arm playfully. Beside her was the two kids playing with each other. Hugo was getting holder everyday.

He was starting to become unruly and grabbing things he shouldn't. But Adrianna was a great sister. She helped her mommy and daddy in taking care of her younger sibling, and at times she would ask them when she would get a little sister.

Marinette just stared at the young kids as they played with some toys or watched adventures of ladybug and chat noir on the tablet. Suddenly a small kwami flew out of her purse along with an even smaller kwami.

She engulfed them in a big hug as they tried to return the favour back. "Marinette! We've missed you so much!" They hadn't been gone. She was the one that was gone. She didn't acknowledge her kwamis. Didn't take care of them.

It upset her very much. Kwamis weren't something that you can take lightly. They need lots of care and food in order to work properly. "Guys I'm sorry.... I haven't been myself lately. I've shrugged you off and have only been thinking of myself. I hope you can forgive me."

The kwami family hugged her again which had meant that they had forgiven her. Marinette patted each one of their tiny backs with a single finger and Adrien patted their heads. The seats across from them was where master fu sat.

He explained the whole thing to Marinette. Very thoroughly and with lots of detail. Extra training was needed for these next few years. They also couldn't possibly handle three villains alone. Meaning that they would be meeting other miraculous holders.

They were actually kind of relieved to hear that. They didn't want to fight them alone anyways. And it would be nice to make new friends they can relate too! To friends they don't have to keep secrets from.

When they arrived at Shanghai, Master fu led them to the temple at the very top of a mountains. Rows and rows of rooms were there. All of them occupied except the very big one. "The other miraculous holders didn't bring their spouse or children. They all came on their own."

Marinette just nodded along while at the same time follower master fu to the very back. "In your cases, we need both of your children to be here."

"Why?"

That was when it hit her. Hugo and Adrianna would be future miraculous holders! She didn't know if she should be happy or worried. It was a ton of responsibility. Not that she didn't trust her kids...

The two had already ran (well, Adrianna carried Hugo) into the room with a bunch of squealing and screaming. Marinette and Adrien on the other hand immediately went to the very top of the temple. There were many people.

People from all different cultures. All attention was diverted to them. "Miraculous holders. Please welcome the ladybug Miraculous holder, Marinette Agreste. And the Black cat miraculous holder, Adrien." Gasps were heard from around the area.

Then the chartered started. They asked questions such as "How does it feel to be the most powerful miraculous holders?" Or "Can we try?" Master Fu hushed them with a soft and calming tone. He told them all about their training sessions and what time they should be here.

The rest they can spend it on buying souvenirs or travelling around the place. A man and a woman walked towards them with smiles on their faces. "Hi! I'm Arianne and this is my husband Arnold!" The couple's talked and talked while they trained.

They finally made some friends after how many years? Too many to count! Arianne was the fox miraculous holder while Arnold was the wolf miraculous holder. They had three kids together and were 34. A little older than them but nothing serious.

The training was a 2 month session.

Lots of blood and tears will be shed but if they wanted to protect Paris, the world even, thy needed to be ready for anything.

Hi! Sorry if I'm slacking on updates! 😅 I've just been kind of busy lately. But hey at least I'm updating right? Anyways, happy reading and stay tuned for the next chapter! ❤️