Chapter 7: New opportunities

Creds to the artist! ^^

It had been 2 weeks since Adrien and Marinette have last spoken. She was preparing for her big day, getting to work with Mr. Agreste. It had always been her dream since she was a kid to be a fashion designer. Now, she's just one step away from achieving that.

"Tikki, does my hair look good? Is my dress wrinkled? Should I put my hair in a bun, or let loose? Oh, Tikki this is too stressing!" She rambled on, slamming her head on her desk. Tikki quietly giggled, answering each and every one of Marinette's many questions.

Once she was done, she turned around to face the mirror. To her surprise, she looked very professional. Her hair was in a bun, she applied a bit of makeup, and she was wearing a black dress with a blazer on top.

"Marinette, you look beautiful!" Tikki gushed at the site of her holder. Marinette smiled, twirling around in circles to check if her attire was right. Once she was okay with her outfit, she opened her car and drove to the Agreste mansion.

"What do you mean I'm working with Marinette?" Adrien asked. His father had just informed him that Marinette was coming there to discuss new lines of fashion. How could he even face her after everything that has happened?

"Adrien, you were okay with her before." His father told him, crossing this arms. Adrien sighed, and slipped on his blazer, fixing his bow tie.

"Can you really work with her?" Plagg teased, sticking his tongue out. Adrien spun his chair in circles, patiently waiting for Marinette to arrive.

His thoughts were interrupted when a loud knock was heard from downstairs, he quickly rushed to the door, not noticing that his father had already greeted Marinette.

"Adrien, greet Marinette." His father ordered, nodding his head in response. He walked to the door, shaking her hand. She gave him a fake smile, and entered the mansion, strolling towards Gabriel Agreste's office.

"I'll leave you two alone now." He said, leaving the premises. Marinette was practically screaming inside. The awkward encounter they are having was getting to her. She didn't have feelings for him, right? Why was she feeling this way?

"Um..." Marinette mumbled, attempting to break the silence. Adrien turned to her, looking at her flawless face. She noticed, quickly clearing her throat and grabbing her book of designs.

"I was kind of thinking this design?" She asked him, pointing at the blue floral romper. Adrien nodded, staring at the drawings she had drawn. Who would've known someone could be this talented?

"And this one." He pointed out to the ladybug and cat noir themed pajamas. Marinette giggled and closed the book, surprising Adrien.

Their hands slightly brushed off each other, making it even more awkward for the duo. She slid in the next seat that was farther away from him, crossed her legs and tapped the handle of the chat with her finger nails.

"Miss Marinette, Adrien." A voice called out. The two turned around to face Mr. Agreste who noticed the awkwardness between the duo. He thought for a moment, smirking in the process and then replied,

"You two seem to be working good together. Miss Marinette, or should I say Miss Dupain-Cheng, I would like you to become Adrien's business partner." Adrien and Marinette gasped at the news, Marinette more excited. She squealed and hugged the man formally, before pulling away and smiling her biggest smile yet.

She glanced at Adrien who had his head hanging low, trying to hide the smile that formed on his face. Marinette nudged his side, extending her hand for him to shake.

"I'd be delighted to work with you, Mr. Agreste." She politely accepted, shaking his hand. Adrien smiled and kindly shook back, excited to work with his new business partner.

Due to her enthusiasm, she hugged Adrien tightly, not letting him go for another minute. He was surprised at first, but he relaxed his shoulders and hugged her back.

"Ahem." A voice interrupted them, pulling away, blushing lightly. So maybe the spark was back, but it didn't matter to her right?

"Mr. Agreste I was thinking a new pajama line." She offered, showing the few designs she and Adrien had picked. He had looked impressed, and approved the designs, announcing the new project.

'A pajama line... How smart.' Adrien thought, smirking at his partner. His father had left and told them to continue with ladybug and chat noir themed pajamas.

A few hours later, the duo had thought of at least 14 more designs for ladybug and chat noir themed pajamas. Proud of their work, they decided to head over to Marinette's bakery, ordering some croissants and two lattes.

The two talked with each other, finally feeling at ease. They were talking about serious business stuff or just life in general. Chloe being the possessive girl she was, ordered Sabrina to watch Adrien and tell her his every move. Boy, was she being a stalker.

"Marinette, I just want you to know that..." He trailed off, scorching Marinette to the point that she was choking on her drink like she did when they met again.

"I hope we're on good terms. Again... Friends?" He asked, taking a croissant, breaking it into two halves for Marinette to share. She hesitated for a moment before reaching out for it, and eating the friendship offering.

"Friends." She replied, smiling. The two talked a little more, getting to know each other. Their past relationships, Chloe and her attitude, Marinette and her problems with Nathanael, they talked about everything.

They seemed to forget about their break up, and instead, they hung out as if they were best friends. Adrien even thought of kissing her but pushed away from the thoughts when he realized they were on good terms once again and didn't want to ruin it.

After finishing the plate of croissants, Marinette stood up from her seat, grabbing the dirty plate and putting it in the washing machine. She walked towards Adrien, smiling widely and pulling him to the display of treats and pastries.

"Can I interest you in anything else? A quiche purr-haps?" Marinette smirked, taking the freshly made quiche out of the oven. Adrien gasped once he had noticed the pun she had just told him. Quietly laughing to himself, he grabbed a fork and took a piece of the quiche.

"Did you make this?" He asked, still chewing the mouthful of quiche, Marinette couldn't help but giggle at his silliness, bopping his nose before running away.

They really enjoyed each other's company, but what they didn't know was that someone was watching.

"Chloe, we have a big problem." The person said over the phone. The person began to explain, and with every word they said, Chloe got even angrier.

"WHAT?!" She exclaimed at what the person had told her.

'They're going to pay. Starting with Marinette Dupain-Cheng.'

How do you like the story so far? What do you think is gonna happen next? Character death? 😈 Anyways, happy reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!