Chapter 91: Brothers

"Mrs. Agreste-"

"Actually, it's Miss Dupain-Cheng." She interjected, slightly biting her lip.

The doctor looked taken aback with her answer, drawing his hand from his clipboard onto her left shoulder, giving it a small pat. News about the couple's downfall reached the media much quicker than expected and soon enough everyone was on their case. The extra stress didn't help with her condition either, after being brought down by her own former husband and partner-in-crime.

Moments after Adrien—no, Chat Noir left with Rena Rouge, her vision began to blur and she found herself backing into a car, slumping down. Excruciating pain shot through her abdomen letting out a small yelp which caught the attention of the citizens who remained at the scene, a bit dazed by the scene that unfolded before them.

It wasn't until a little boy who couldn't be more than 5, bright red hair, and the most beautiful emerald eyes suddenly approached her, a balloon with Ladybug's face imprinted on it in one hand. "Ladybug..?" His small, gentle voice became soothing for the Super-heroine as she lied there, her breathing dangerously unsteady.

In her weak state she couldn't find the strength to respond, lifting a very weak and mangy arm out to reach for the little girl, who was pulled back moments later by this woman. She too, looked seemed just as concern as the young boy despite their difference in facial features.

The woman sported long, bouncy curls that rested on both shoulders loosely, her eyes widening at the sight. She crouched down, "Ladybug! Are you alright?" Her eyes turned back to the young boy, gesturing him further. "Go on, Finn. I'll take it from here."

She flickered her attention to the masked woman, eyebrows knitted together with worry. "Everything's going to be alright, Ladybug. I don't know what drove Char Noir to extreme measures that he'd go as far as to hurt his own partner, but I'm sure he'll be back soon. Right now you need to head to the hospital and get checked."

Usually Marinette would gladly obey, gingerly turning her head to right side. His shaggy blonde hair and green emerald eyes were focused on her, hands clasped together as he'd lean into her ear and repeatedly tell her that, "everything will be alright".

That wasn't the case anymore. The spot once occupied my a man donned in leather jet black cat suit was empty. Nowhere to be seen. She frowned at the thought letting tears freely stream down both cheeks, unsure what to do in this situation.

Not only did she risk her baby's life staying in the same position, but Adrien wasn't standing by her side, drawing circles on her back as a means of comfort. The brown-haired woman let out a sigh, rubbing her hand up and down the bluenette's back. "Everything will be alright."

"But I must ask... has Chat Noir been showing the same strange behaviour as of late?" Marinette was in no position to answer considering their complicated situation at home and at work.

Yes, even work was being affected because of their bickering and arguments. They often ignored each other however, letting the other be and carrying on with their day as if they were no vital part to keep energy flowing through their veins.

That's when her mind flashed to a memory which occurred not too long ago in the company. His smile, absolutely gorgeous. It made her heart skip a beat whenever he flashed one at her, adding a small wink to top off the look.

Her cheeks always flushed a bright red whenever it happened and she felt like she was reliving her teenage days where the smallest actions would be enough to send her into being a tomato.

Now she could only think about him.

He who couldn't be here as agonizing as it was.