Chapter 17: When four friends reunite

"ADRIEN! MARINETTE! GET UP LOVEBIRDS!" A loud voice boomed through the whole condo, revealing a very excited Alya and Nino.

"Dude!" Nino exclaimed, pulling Adrien into a bro hug.

"Nino, long time no see!" He grinned from ear to ear, happy to see his best friend again.

"Mari!!! Wake up!" Alya shouted in the sleeping girl's ear. Marinette say up, glaring at her best friend who was holding onto her daughter Alayna.

"A-Alya?" Marinette asked in her groggy voice, still sleepy.

"Mari! Aren't you happy I'm here?" Marinette gave her an 'are you serious look' before nodding vigorously.

"Of course I am!" She exclaimed, taken aback by Alya's response. The brunette just shook it off, sitting down on the girl's bed with her daughter in her lap.

"So..." Marinette mumbled, staring at Alya's stomach which was fairly big.

"Oh, right! Haha, sorry for not updating you about it! It's a boy by the way. We want to call him Gino. You know? Close to Nino? I was thinking Lino or like..." She rambled on, not caring if Marinette was yawning teasingly.

"Okay, I think Gino is cute. Congrats Als! And congrats Nino!" She told the couple, lifting Alayna out of Alya's lap.

"Momma why not a girl?" Alayna asked, pouting and crossing her little arms. The four laughed at the little girl's attitude, Alya being the one to ruffle her hair.

"Well, what if it was a girl? What would you name it?" She asked her back, patting her stomach.

"I like the idea of you guys sticking to names that are close to yours." She suggested, rubbing her imaginary beard which had made Alyana giggle.

"Yana!" Alyana burst out, flailing her hands in the air. The two adult women started to laugh, rolling on the floor, (well Marinette anyway) while they watched Alyana pout.

"It's not a bad suggestion, but how about Nalya?"

"OMG! A mix of my and Nino's name!!!" She squealed, jumping up and down with her best friend. 

"Typical girls." Nino sighed, shaking his head. The blonde man rested his hand on Nino's shoulder, smiling at him.

"Dude, how did you and Marinette get together?" Nino asked, placing his hands on his hips.

"Long story!" The two shouted in unison making them all laugh. Adrien thought of how happy Alya and Nino were with their daughter and their soon to be son Gino.

He wanted that.

So badly!

Was Marinette ready?

Or the better question yet,

Was he ready?

"Dude, want me to help you pick out a ring?" Nino whispered in his ear, secretly giving him a thumbs up.

"H-How'd you-"

"Best friend instincts dude! Trust me!" He cut him off, wrapping his arm around the blonde's shoulders.

'Sigh... It's either now or never I guess' Adrien nodded, starting to walk down the stairs until Marinette blocked his way.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Just going to hang with Nino. Just like old times!" He lied, nervously scratching the back of his neck. Marinette didn't seem convinced, but she sighed, letting Adrien go.

"Better not do anything dangerous with my husband, Agreste!" Alya shouted, pointing her finger at her best friend's boyfriend.

"Okay, so... I think Analya is the best name! Ohhhh Alya! If you have another child in the future it would be perfect!" She shouted, glancing at her best friend who looked shocked.

"No way! I'm not having 3 kids!" She yelled, turning away from the bluenette. Marinette shrugged, grabbing out a few sewed dolls she made for Alayna.

"Thank you, Auntie Mari!" She said gleefully, sitting down in one corner to play with the new dolls.

It was her, Adrien, Alya, Nino, Alyana and their soon to be son Gino. Alyana seemed to have a fun time. She pretended she was holding Gino in her arms, rocking him softly.

"Oh, Alya! You are so lucky to have such an optimistic daughter!" She gushed, drooling over the four year old who was making the Alya and Nino doll kiss.

"Yeah, sure... Alayna! Someone hurt me!" Alya yelled out. She watched as Alayna charged at her, anger was written on her face.

"YOU! NO! HURT! MY! MOMMA!" She cried out, punching the bluenette softly. Marinette carefully pried the little girl off her, smiling at the little girl.

Meanwhile, Adrien and Nino were out shopping for an engagement ring. Adrien wasn't just looking for an expensive one of a kind engagement ring, but one that really symbolized them.

"Dude, you're so picky!" Nino whined, as Adrien picked up the fifth ring. He shook his head in disagreement before placing the ring softly back to where it used to be.

'What if I engrave it with something?'

"Excuse me? Can I engrave a ring?" Adrien asked the store clerk. The woman turned around, winking at the man.

"Sure. What would you like on it, hot stuff?" The woman winked once again.

"Oh, an ENGAGEMENT RING for my GIRLFRIEND I'm PROPOSING to." He declared proudly, emphasizing on the 'engagement', 'girlfriend', and 'proposing'.

The woman let out a faint 'oh' turning around to grab a ring with three princess cut diamonds on it. Adrien glanced at the engagement ringing, telling the store clerk who was once flirting with him what he wanted to be engraved.

"A fan of ladybug and chat noir, huh?" The woman asked, laughing. Adrien just ignored her and rolled his eyes. He was still mad about her flirting with him when it was clear he was taken.

He exited the store, whistling a tune while he shoved a box with an expensive ring in it inside his pocket.

He was going to propose to the love of his life.

And he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Yayyyyy proposal chapter next! :D I'll publish it later on! Anyways, happy reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!