Chapter 93: When the happy days still existed.

It's time to celebrate! 🥳🎉

~~

In the midst of a nightclub where the strobe lights would be illuminating in every crack and crevice, people dancing on the dance floor with their hips swaying to the music and the regular drunkards laughing off what could be their entire lives was a solemn and lonely young man.

He sat in the darkest area of the room with his head bowed down, unable to look up even though his neck had already begun to strange. What for? There was no reason for him to lift his head up. If he did, would someone be there?

Standing in front of him with the most kindest and sincerest smile, extending a hand out that gestured him to come along. Then, taking their slender hand they would lead him into a place where all his worries and mistakes didn't matter anymore. As a matter of fact, they no longer existed.

A universe where he could rewrite his entire life story. Or at least, what's already occurred. One where he'll decide what's a good decision and what'll screw him over in the near future.

Take allowing Alya Cesaire into his office as an example. Had he just rejected her he could've avoided ever getting her pregnant and would still be living happily with Marinette and their 3 children. Kendra wouldn't hate him as much as she did now. She'll probably look up to him and aspire to be like him when she's older.

Instead he was stuck with this shitty life. Rewriting life stories, being happy, forgiving and forgetting... those only existed in fairytales. The real world was more cruel and challenging. He didn't like it. Not one bit. What was his reason to live now anyways?

No, he had a reason. It's just the reason has strayed away from him. His reason found another purpose to live. And he wasn't included in that.

His heart ached. For the tender love and support of his beloved wife. All he wanted was to take her into his arms, admire everything about her before things escalated any further. The chances of that happening were zero to nothing though. He screwed up and this is the consequence he has to pay.

Absolute loneliness... isolation... a feeling he thought he'd never experience the moment they exchanged their vows. He wept. He wept loud and hard, using only a single hand to cover the entirety of his face though it could only manage to conceal his eyes.

The bartender who was currently mixing drinks pitied the man being a former fan of the supermodel turned Business Mogul Adrien Agreste. But after what the news has been spreading he decided that such a man shouldn't be his influence. It should be someone who's able to take care of their necessities without having to involve alcohol.

Still, a fan is a fan. It hurt to see the man he once admired down in the dumps and lost. He was in this bar sitting all alone with no shoulder to cry on or someone to hear him out. His wife had already filed a divorce, after all.

Adrien noticed the stares. He heard the whispering, the chatter and gossip. But he gave no fucks because the only thing he should be paying attention to is how he's going to fix his life. An apology will never do the trick. Not when he repeats the same mistake over and over.

"Why so glum?"

The lights prevented him from fully making out the person standing before him but it was definitely a woman judging by the excessive perfume and clicking of heels which he presumed to be hers as no one else bothered to approach him. They all avoided interacting with him even when he was in desperate need to hear a voice. A familiar voice.

It still seems that there's a chance of fixing this as his wish was answered rather quickly. He slightly squinted, leaning forwards to study the female's face.