Chapter 22: Stranded with you

The two lied down side by side, still buckled into their seats. Adrien was the first one to wake up. He fluttered his eyes opened, looking closely at his surroundings. He didn't recognize anything at all.

Then, at his right he saw Marinette. She wasn't hurt or anything, just unconscious. Adrien placed a kiss on the bluenette's forehead, carefully getting out of his seat to get a better view.

They were in some kind of island. It looked very unusual. Adrien decided to find a shelter for him and Marinette to hide in. Luckily for them, he saw a small hut. That meant someone lived here.

Marinette started to squirm in Adrien's arms, fluttering her blue eyes open.

"A-Adrien?" She croaked out, but got shushed by Adrien as he placed her down in a pile of leaves.

"Marinette, we're alive." He smiled. His fiancée also smiled, hugging him tightly. She had never felt so scared in her entire life. Despite being ladybug.

"Wh-where are we?" Marinette slowly stood up, opening the hut to reveal an old man who was facing the wall.

"Ah, Ladybug. Chat Noir." The old man said, turning around. Adrien swore he saw that man before.

Then he remembered.

"Are you okay sir?" Adrien asked, helping the poor old man who had fallen on the ground.

"Yes, young man. Thank you." He quickly said, walking away from Adrien. He sighed as Nathalie and Gorilla blocked his way to get into the school.

Adrien chuckled, remembering the exact moment.

"How do you know us?" She questioned, knitting her eyebrows together. The old man took a sip of his tea, before replying,

"I'm the guardian. In fact, welcome to miraculous island." He whispered, as he watched the two adults gasp in shock.

'Miraculous island?' Adrien thought.

"I must go. See you later, Adrien. Marinette." And with that, the old man who they didn't catch his name disappeared. The two blinked in shocked, sitting down on the mat.

"Adrien we're stranded in a mysterious island. Do you not realize that?" Adrien shrugged, pouring himself and Marinette tea.

Back in Paris, Alya and Nino sulked. They had heard the news of Marinette and Adrien's plane crashing. They still hoped they were alive though.

'Please be alive, Marinette...' Alya prayed. She had finally talked to Nino. They were okay about the situation, but they were thinking of having another child soon.

Sabine and Tom were crying almost everyday. They couldn't accept the fact their daughter could be dead.

"I really hope they're okay, Nino... I can't do this anymore!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands on her husband who had just comforted her.

"They will be. After all, they are strong." He winked, getting a whack in the arm by Alya.

Marinette and Adrien decided to take a hike in the island. They were still verity confused at to why they were still alive. Of course, the two were grateful, but it didn't make sense? What happened to their kwamis?

"I-Is Tikki and Plagg dead?" Marinette choked, almost breaking down when she earned a nod from Adrien.

The two were devastated that they lost their kwamis. Meaning they couldn't transform anymore. Ladybug was dead, and so was Chat Noir.

"Adrien, I can't do this... Just kill me!" She cried into the man's shoulders. It didn't help that they were stranded with no food or water. Adrien was starving and Marinette was thirsty.

"No, Marinette. We'll get back to Paris. I promise." He told her, cupping the bluenette's cheeks.

Marinette sighed, climbing up the tree to think. She let her feet dangled free as she sat on a giant branch. Adrien joined her, pulling his fiancée close.

"We're getting married soon, Adrien... What if we don't make it?" She sighed. It would be a waste. They were planning on getting married a long time ago and yet their plans would be delayed again!

"Mari, we'll make it. We need to find that old man and see what he was doing in a place like this." Marinette nodded, letting Adrien jump off the tree first. Marinette went next, jumping into Adrien's arms.

He still had the same strength as Chat noir, which meant he could carry her bridal style for miles and miles.

The bluenette jumped out of the blonde's arms, starting to walk.

'What is that thing?' She squinted, making sure it was real. Marinette pointed to the blurry brown building. The two started to hike towards it, keeping an eye on what they were stepping on.

"Oh my gosh, Adrien... Look!" She exclaimed as they reached the brown building. It was a giant temple with the miraculouses engraved in the stone.

They walked all around the temple, before stumbling into a room with the same old man they had seen awhile ago.

"Who are you?" They asked in unison, blushing afterwards.

"Like I said, I'm the guardian. I want to tell you something Chat Noir, Ladybug." He sat them down, sighing before explaining something.

The bluenette was getting queasy listening to this. The old man lead them to room where they could eat. The couple gulp down their food, grabbing a full glass of water.

Their thirst were quenched, and they were no longer hungry.

After that, the old man continued to explain what was happening and why they were here.

Marinette couldn't believe what she was hearing. It couldn't be true! She thought it wouldn't happen for years!

It was way too early. But, Master Fu had explained that it would occur in a few years.

Which scared Marinette even more.

In a few years she would have children and would be married to Adrien. What would happen then?

"What do you call it?" Adrien asked, quite curious.

"The end."

In hawkmoth's lair, he was caressing his necklace that had a picture of his beloved.

"This is all for you, Annalise." He kissed the picture, closing it and shoving it into his pocket.

'I shall destroy Ladybug and Chat Noir once and for all.'

'Very, very soon'

He cackled, remembering the name Nooroo mentioned.

"The end is near. Paris will be mine! The world will be mine!"

Mkkkkkk so this book is coming to an end. At least I think so XD I have like... 24 chapters left to publish! Nah, maybe it won't be. I don't know, maybe I'll make a sequel? It's complicated! Anyways, happy reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!