Chapter 35: Muddled memories

"Hi, Adrien..." Marinette said from behind, waving nervously at the blonde boy who was staring at the school. They were finally graduating! In Marinette's defense, it took FOREVER. She thought school would never end! Adrien waved back, giving the bluenette a small smile.

"We're graduating, huh?" Marinette giggled, nodding.

'So cute~'

He thought, ogling over the petite girl. She was still a little shorter than Adrien, but she was getting there! Just a few more inches... The boy seemed to scoot closer to her, placing a hand on her shoulder, giving her permission to lean her head on his. He kissed the top of her head, startling the teenager who seemed to be a little taken aback. She relaxed a little while later, realizing who's arms she was in.

'It's now or never...' He did indeed fell for Marinette especially when he told her that she was the one who knitted the scarf but didn't want to say anything because he was happy. This girl beside him had a heart of gold.

"Marinette, can I ask you something?" Marinette bit her lip, hesitating for a moment. The model took her hands, lacing it with his. Her eyes widened at his sudden actions, but she didn't mind.

"Marinette, would you be my girlfriend for the summer? I know you're going to college somewhere else and-" He couldn't finish his sentence since Marinette's lips were on his. She showered him with kisses on the cheek, jumping into his arms to scream,

"YES!"

How could she not remember that until now? How could she not remember how much Adrien loved her back then? Was it because hatred filled her heart? Had she become a monster?

That one memory of him taking her out on their first date as a official couple. She didn't care if it was only for the summer, she was happy. She was happy she had a chance.

Even if it meant they had to break up soon.

"Where are you taking me?" She questioned, Adrien's hands still covering her eyes. Adrien shushed her with his free hand, giving Marinette a small glimpse of the surprise.

"Oh my god... Adrien it's... It's..." She gasped, once Adrien took his hands off. The blonde just chuckled, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Only the best for my princess." He whispered in her ear, giving her butterflies in her stomach.

Adrien had decorated the courtyard of the school with a bunch of flowers, that varied of different kinds, a white circular table with two chairs in the middle.

"I love you, you know that?" He nodded, rubbing his forehead. Marinette pecked her boyfriend on the lips, sinking into the kiss deepening it.

"Adrien stop~" She teased him playfully, pushing the boy away.

The rest of that evening was spent dancing and teasing each other.

Oh how she missed those days... Where they would have fun and just let loose. What did she do wrong? Why was she here?

Why couldn't Chloe get over that fact she's lost?

"Mari-trash, can you like stop crying? I'm trying to plan my wedding here!" She screamed, slamming the door in the bluenette's face.

She began to cry again, big tear drops falling on the floor. She wiped the tears away, looking for some sort of mirror.

But instead she stumbled upon an old cellphone that was hidden underneath the bed. She quickly grabbed it, dialling Adrien's number.

"Please pick up..." She whispered, hearing the first ring.

Adrien was busy with his search for Marinette when he heard his phone ring. He sighed, taking the phone.

"Hello, this is Adrien Agreste how may I help you?" He said in his most cheery voice.

"A-Adrien..." His eyes widened. He knew who's voice was that. Marinette... She was alive...

"Ma-Mari? Where are you?"

"I don't know..." She sobbed. "Please help me, Adrien... I wanna see you. I wanna see Adrianna..."

Adrien nodded, listening to Marinette talk to him. How she felt right now, the pain she was going through... It broke his heart.

"Pl-please... Hurry... I can't lose you." She mumbled, hanging up before Adrien could reply.

He tried to dial the number again, but it didn't seem to ring. Marinette really was in great danger...

"No... No, no, no... Mari..." He murmured, throwing his hands to his head.

"Dada?" Adrianna called out, peeking from behind the door. Adrien smiled, picking his 1 year old daughter up.

"You wanna see mama again?" Adrianna squirmed in his arms, nodding and giggling.

"Just like your mama..."

Another memory came up in Marinette's brain... The day they broke up... The day they left each other.

"Do you really have to go, Mari?" He cried, embracing the young woman tightly. She nodded slowly, embracing him back.

"I promise I'll come back, Adrien... I love you so, so much." She pecked him on the cheek one last time, taking a deep breath entire taking her luggage, heading to the boarding station.

"I love you too, Mari..." He whispered, waving back at her. She blew a kiss on her direction, catching it he showed her, returning the favour.

The bluenette giggle one last time turning away.

Why did she leave? Why? This wouldn't have happened... She could've had like three children already...

"Mistakes." She told herself, punching the wall.

"Idiot..."

"Why didn't I do it when I had the chance?"

"You're such an idiot, that's why." Someone from behind her spoke up. She turned around only to find Chloe and woman that looked like... Chloe?

"Hello, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. You fashion designers will never beat us! So say goodbye to your loved one!" The older woman cackled, Chloe following along.

"You! You're Chloe's mother aren't you?!" She exclaimed, attempting to pull the chains off.

"The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree~" She hummed happily, grabbing the bluenette's chin to bring her closer to her.

"Let go." She seethed.

"Why should I? You have no power against us, Marinette!" Chloe told her, slapping the girl.

She screamed in pain but quickly got up, glaring at the two women.

"You will never get away with this! Why do you hate me so much?!" She asked her.

"Let's see..."

"Adrien, are you even listening to me right now?" Chloe asked, irritated. Adrien was too busy looking over her shoulder.

"ADRIEN!" She snapped. Adrien went back to reality, blinking before looking at his friend, confused.

"Uh... Yeah?" Chloe rolled her eyes, attaching herself to him.

"Let's go over there, Adrien~"

"No thanks, Chloe... I'm going to talk to Nino!" He said quickly, running away from the blonde girl. She huffed, hiding behind the bushes to see Adrien talking to someone.

It wasn't Nino, but Marinette.

"That's why? Because Adrien doesn't love you?"

"HE LOVES ME! As soon as your gone he'll love me even more." She snarled.

Nahhh, he'll never love you 😂 Hiiii I'm alive FYI. Anyways, happy reading and stay tuned for the next chapter! ❤️