16. Mingyu

-AMBER'S POV- 

It's been three weeks since Jennie induced into a coma. The doctors said she is unlikely to wake up. 

Meanwhile, Lionne was falling apart. We weren't close anymore. Nobody talked to anyone. The dorm was silent as everyone was locked in their rooms. It wasn't the same without Jennie. The group didn't feel complete.

We felt empty.

We had a meeting with the managers. Ruthy asked whether we wanted to continue with Lionne. We all didn't want to debut without Jennie but we also didn't want to leave each other. If the group disbanded, I would have to go back to Italy.

No.

I came to Korea to start a new life. I came to live a life without any failures. I'm not going back to my dark life in Italy.

The girls and I discussed for hours about our decision.

Should we leave each other?

Flashback...

'Lionne was the name given to this group because of its members. Each lion in the world has a strong heart. Each member of this group has a strong heart.

We are Lionne.

The manager formed us into this group because we all have something in common.

Bravery.

That's why we're together.

Jennie was right.

We're a team. Jennie is our burning fuel, she will drive us towards our dream. She wouldn't have wanted us to end it all, not after all the hard work we've put in. 

We are Lionne, nothing can break us.

Nothing can break our Lionne hearts.

'So, what do you think girls?'

'We have decided. Lionne will not disband. We will continue being strong and debut with our highest potential.

We're not backing down.'

Ruthy stood up and smiled, 'I knew you wouldn't quit.'

From that day on, we've worked harder than ever before. We split into teams to work on the songs and dances.

Lisa, Rose and Dahyun are working on the dances and Jihyo, Jisoo and I started writing new songs.

As I sat in the recording room, I stopped when I heard a knock.

I smiled when Jisoo walked in.

'You finished the songs?' I asked.

Jisoo slightly smiled and said, 'almost, but I'm here for a different reason.'

I raised my eyebrows and said, 'oh, what's on your mind?'

My eyes widened when a tall figure walked inside.

'This is my brother, Mingyu,' Jisoo said.

My mouth gaped open. He shot Jennie.

I stared at his tall and dark composure. He wore a sour look on his face as his eyes penetrated mine. I felt a chill run down my spine.

Just then my blood boiled, I clenched my fists. Nobody hurts my Jennie. I charged towards him and jumped on him as he fell backwards. I held his collar and pulled his face close to mine. I stared into his eyes as he gazed back. I pulled away and brought a fist to his face.

'Amber?' Jisoo asked.

I snapped out of my thoughts. Jisoo and Mingyu looked confused as I blinked my eyes.

'Are you okay?' She asked.

'Yeah, sorry. Just lost in thought,' I said quickly.

'Anyway, as I was saying. I told Mingyu that you can help him and he's willing to listen to you.'

I stare at Mingyu's dark eyes and slowly nodded.

'Sure, have a seat,' I said calmly.

'I'll be in the other room if you need me. Thanks, Amber,' Jisoo smiled and left us.

Great, now I'm alone with this killer. I sat on the opposite side of the table and I gestured for him to sit on the other side.

'Okay, you know I hate you and I'm only helping because of Jisoo. When I'm finished with you, you better leave and never come back. You better not hurt people like you hurt Jennie.'

He kept quiet.

'So, Jisoo told me about everything. I know about your drug use, the gang you work for and how you killed Jennie.

Listen to me when I say this, I know how it feels. I used to be a drug addict too. Long story short, I eventually started living a healthy life. That's what Jisoo wants for you, she wants you to stop this 'job' and live a normal life.'

He continued to stare at me.

God, he was turning into Jungkook.

'What's on your mind?' I asked.

Silence.

'Come on, I can't help you if you don't talk,' I said.

Mingyu leant forward and rested his elbows on the table.

'You're beautiful.'

_______________________________________

Introducing Mingyu from SEVENTEEN!

Thank you for reading and I hoped you enjoy!

What will happen between Mingyu and Amber?

Find out soon!

- AlunaticD