41. My Girls 2.0

Two Weeks Later

 - ANTHONY'S POV -

'Anthony, when will you come back?'

'Three years.'

'Why did you choose the military?' She innocently asked.

Well, I always had a passion for helping others and I was always an athletic person so I'd figured to join the military.'

Amber pouted and looked away. I grinned as I ruffled her hair. 'Don't worry, I'll be home in no time. When I come back, I'll see a strong and beautiful lady in front of me.'

'I'll miss you, Anthony.'

'Anthony!'

I jolted awake in shock, I frantically twisted my head to see Mingyu, crouching down beside me with a worried expression.

'You okay?' He asked. I let out a deep sigh and nodded.

'That dream again?'

I nodded again. For the past couple of years, my sleep had been haunted by that nightmare. Except, it wasn't a nightmare, it was the reality. I left my sister in Italy for a gang in Korea. What kind of person does that? That was one of the worst decisions of my life. If I hadn't pretended to get killed in the war, Amber would be okay.

Mingyu saw my hurt expression and grabbed my shoulders. My face was inches away from his as he blurted, 'look, I know what you did to Amber was stupid but you have to let it go. You can't keep blaming yourself, it's in the past.'

I sighed and nodded, 'thanks.'

Mingyu patted my shoulder, 'you're welcome, buddy.'

- JIHYO'S POV -

'Amber Armando is in room 7E.'

We trailed through the halls of the hospital. Everything in the hospital was white which made my eyes squint. Everywhere I looked, there was white clothes, white walls, white floors and white furniture.

Rose pointed towards the room and we all entered quietly. I smiled in relief when I saw Amber peacefully lying on the bed. Jungkook sat beside her as he softly caressed her hand. My heart beat faster, not because of my feelings towards Jungkook but because he never left her side.

He loves her so much, I can't get in the way.

'Guys, look!' Lisa exclaimed, 'she's waking up.'

- AMBER'S POV -

As I rose from my heavy slumber, the coolness of the air and its floral fragrance rushed into my nose. The pleasant smell couldn't hide the pain I felt near my stomach. I didn't know getting shot would be this painful, both physically and mentally. I scanned my surroundings to see blurry figures around the room.

Where am I?

'Amber?' A panicked voice cooed into my ear, I turned my head to see Jungkook. I smiled as my heartbeat accelerated, I was so happy to see him.

'How are you doing? Do you feel better?' He softly asked. I nodded as I turned my head to scan the room. Muffled noises filled my ears, my eyes widened when my surroundings became clear.

Everyone was here, everyone was safe. I sighed in relief as tears filled my eyes.

'What happened?' I croaked. Jihyo sat beside me and said, 'well, after you collapsed, Sana escaped. We don't know where she went. We called the police and they're scanning the whole city to find her.'

I felt a massive weight drop onto my chest. She's still out there? What if she comes back? Jihyo saw my worried expression and patted my head, 'don't worry. She won't come back.'

'Where's Row?' I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when the room was silent. Everyone stayed quiet, no one moved a muscle.

'Guys?' I asked again.

Jihyo sighed and said, 'Amber, remember when you got pushed into the truck? Do you remember hearing a gunshot?'

I recalled my memories and finally remembered.

I flinched when I heard a loud gunshot. The men from outside started yelling and soon enough, I felt the truck moving.

More tears filled my eyes and I knew what Jihyo was going to say. 'That gunshot killed Row,' Jihyo breathed out. I felt myself breaking, I couldn't believe it. 

'Screw you, Row! I should have never trusted you!' I shrieked.

My last words to him were so cruel. I should have trusted him, he saved my life. After a couple of moments, I calmed my sobbing and asked, 'when can I go home?'

I didn't want to think about Row, it hurt me too much. Jungkook stood up and said, 'the doctors said you're okay to go. If you think you're ready, we can go home.'

Without thinking, I nodded several times. I needed to get out of this place. Everyone chuckled as I sat upright in a hurry. Jungkook's smiled as he clutched my arm.

'Let's take you home, Amber.'

- DORMS -

'Look, guys! Sana's in the news!' Lisa called out from the living room. I slumped on the couch and viewed the T.V. She was right, Sana's face was plastered everywhere.

'If you see a woman who appears like this, please report to the police.' I sighed in relief, my heart could rest a little now.

'Let's change the channel,' Jisoo blurted as she snatched the remote. 'Spongebob!' I yelled. 'No! We're not little kids, Amber!'

Our bickering was interrupted when the landline started ringing. Dahyun quickly raced towards it and answered.

BEEP BEEP

'Hello?'

'Is this Lionne?'

'Yes, what do you need?'

'There is someone here to see you in the lobby.'

'Okay? We'll be down in a minute.'

BEEP BEEP

- LOBBY -

'Who's here to see us?' I asked. 'I don't know, we'll see.' Dahyun replied as we reached the bottom of the stairs. We entered the lobby and started searching. My eyes landed on a figure standing near the reception.

My heart dropped. 'Guys, look there.' I pointed towards the figure, everyone looked at her. She had a bright smile on her face, her cheeks were rosy which complimented her pink lips. She took small steps towards us as we were static. None of us could believe it.

'Hello, Lionne.'

She's back.

'Jennie.'

_______________________________________

★✢VOTE ✣ ✤ COMMENT✥ ✦

Jennie's back!! Omg!!

Anyway, the story's coming to an end :(

Hope you guys liked it <3

- AlunaticD