35. Last Protection

We followed Anthony through the thick forest like little ducks. Everyone was in a straight line, one after the other. I overheard the distant yells and shouts from Eoa's men. We better get moving.

'Come on,' Anthony whispered.

I didn't know where Anthony was taking us but he was our only way out, we had no choice.

I heard a soft noise coming from behind, I turned around to see Row hunched on his knees. I shifted closer towards him as I supportively touched his shoulder. A sudden surge of guilt plunged painfully into my heart, he killed his own wife to protect us.

'Row, I'm sorry about Ruthy but we have to keep moving. They're coming closer,' I responded.

Row shook his head and grunted, 'you go ahead otherwise you'll lose the others.' I ignored him and grasped his arm and pulled, 'come on Row, I can't leave you like this,' I got alarmed when I saw Jungkook's back disappearing into the shadowy forest.

Row stayed planted on the ground, I huffed and yanked him even harder.

'Row, Ruthy would be disappointed if she saw you like this. You have to be strong, for her.' I said.

Row kept his head low but gradually stood up, I smiled and continued dragging him back to the others.

Except, they were gone.

Where did they go? I started panicking, we needed to find them.

We hiked faster when I heard the equipped men getting closer, Row grudgingly walked behind me. My mind scattered everywhere, this was turning into a critical situation.

I abruptly stopped when we were met by two pathways. Anthony and the others must have taken a path, but which one? I needed to decide which path to take. Left or the right path?

Row pointed to the right path and said, 'just go that way.'

I agreed and continued to drag him down the right path. I hoped we chose the right path.

We resumed walking until we reached an open car park, my heart hoped that the others were waiting for us here. I scanned everywhere but no.

No one's here. It was dead quiet.

Except for the sound of guns.

'Hands up! We have you surrounded, there's nowhere to run!' Someone yelled.

I instantly released Row's arm and held my hands above my head. Few armed men started coming closer. I started shaking in fear. Anthony, where are you?

I stopped breathing when a gun was brought to my face.

'Our orders said to kill you,' they said.

A single tear cascaded down my face, I closed my eyes and sighed in defeat.

The moment the gun was being pulled, Row interrupted.

'Wait,' Row said.

Everyone's attention turned to Row, he raised his head and spoke, 'you can't kill her. I have special orders from Eoa, he wants to see her.'

I wrinkled my eyebrows in bewilderment. What?

One of the men stated, 'why should we trust you?'

'If it wasn't for me she wouldn't be here. I purposefully slowed her down so she would lose the others, I purposefully lead her to this car park. It was all me,' Row said.

I gulped as hot tears rapidly poured down my face, he betrayed me.

After a couple of moments, the men said, 'fine, put her with the kid.'

Two men clutched my arms and yanked me aside. I glanced back to Row and scowled at him, he wore a smile on his stupid face. My blood boiled inside me as I started becoming infuriated.

'Screw you, Row! I should have never trusted you!' I shrieked.

- ROW'S POV -

I watched as they transported Amber to the truck. The corners of my mouth formed a bright smile, she was safe.

I didn't betray Amber, I saved her her life. She would have died five minutes ago if I hadn't interrupted. I was glad I could save Amber for the last time, I fulfilled my role as her bodyguard.

I turned to the men and smirked, 'just do it quickly, okay?'

'Sure thing,' they said as they drew a gun on my forehead.

I closed my eyes and waited. Behind my closed eyelids, I saw my beloved ones.

My family, friends, the BTS boys, the Lionne members and Amber.

I also couldn't forget my love, Ruthy. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you but, now we can eternally be together in a different world.

I love you.

The last thing I heard was the sound of the trigger being pulled.

BANG!

BEEP BEEP

'Yes.'

'Sir, Row Smith has been abolished, he's dead.'

BEEP BEEP

________________________________________

VOTE COMMENT

Sorry for the late update, guys. I was having a major writing block but I'm back. I hoped you guys liked it, it took so long to write this chapter!

Also be sure to check out my other story BODYGUARD. But, if it's not your cup of tea, that's all good :)

Stay sexy <3

- AlunaticD