VN #29

(In a hospital.)

V: Jumin, MC. You finally came.

Jumin: Have you been here for a long time?

V: Nope. Just a while ago.

Jumin: Where's Luciel?

V: He's still back in his hideout.

MC: Is Zen inside?

V: Ah, yes. Zen's inside.

Jumin: I'll wait for you outside, MC.

MC: Don't you wanna go in?

Jumin: I'm gonna stay here and have a talk with V. It's been a while since we've talked.

MC: Okay.

(MC entered into the ICU room where Zen was in. MC saw Zen laying on the bed with a breathing mask.)

MC: Zen...

- Switch Scene -

V: Still feeling jealous??

Jumin: I wouldn't say no to that.

V: lololol that's our Jumin. Always being blunt and straightforward.

Jumin: ...

V: Okay, I'll stop. How's In Su? Is she doing well? And about your marriage with her...?

Jumin: In Su's doing fine. Both of us decided to reconsider the marriage. She insisted to be the side for pushing back the wedding so I won't get directly involved in the disapproval to marriage.

V: I see... so both of the fathers have approved?

Jumin: I'm not sure by myself. I have yet to receive news from In Su. Assistant Kang will be feeding me with a proposal to show it to my father. Hopefully things will turn out fine.

V: Well, that's a trouble.

Jumin: Enough of interrogating me. How 'bout you? How's the trip? It must be hectic since you came back to Korea abruptly after hearing about MC and Zen's situation.

V: Haha. It was quite a fruitful experience... Seeing new worlds in a new perspective. If we were to hold the party, I would've auctioned my cameras.

Jumin: Are you sure? They shared the memories of you and Rika.

V: Rika has always living inside of me. I would prefer her living in my dreams and photography has always been my achievements. And, I've learnt how to let go of it. This will be my first step in doing so.

Jumin: (Sighed.) As a friend, I shouldn't question about these.

V: As a friend, I shouldn't have asked you about In Su behind MC's back.

...

V and Jumin: (Laughed.)

Jumin: Since we're in the hospital, why won't you see the doctor? You won't even go to the eye specialist I suggested to you.

V: I don't think so. I would prefer spending them on Zen's medical fees. His career life depends on it.

Jumin: You're typical as usual.... worrying about others before you.

V: That's who I am.

Jumin: What's taking MC for so long...?

V: It takes time. MC's trying her best to wake Zen up and we need to trust her.

Jumin: ... I don't like this.

V: At least I'm here with you.

Jumin: I don't appreciate that.

V: Haha.

- Switch Scene -

MC: (Holding Zen's hand.) Zen, are you... listening?

MC: (Sighed.) I'm so sorry.... It's my fault for making you to end up like this... You have done so many things to me... and you can't fall just like that. You have to wake up.

MC: Do you still remember the first day when we met in the chat? You were the first person to open up to my strange encounter unlike the Jumin and the others. At first, I thought it's a scary thing for me to suddenly know about this RFA thing....... you were there to help me and now it's my turn to help you. 

MC: You have done so much for me and I wanted to repay you back... How should I say this......?

.........

MC: Zen. I don't really mean to hurt you.... but you were part of my life...... Everyone in RFA has shared a part of my life. Now I can't even have proper schedule just to wait for everyone's chat and calls. My sleeping hours were even disrupted because of RFA. 

MC: Yet, I don't feel mad about or how foolish I am to install the app....... In fact, I feel grateful for not regretting in downloading it. I've met so many people in RFA that I don't usually do outside of RFA. I know i've been selfish towards the rest and to you but I have to help everyone to get our happy endings.

MC: Zen, I know you wouldn't understand what I'm saying.... I just wanted to say all of this..... we all need you... as our Zen..... our lovely Zen to wake up from his sleep.

...

MC: (Tears flowing.)

MC: I... I really don't know what to do now.......? Zen... please.... please wake up......

(Suddenly, static waves ruptured in the midair. Lights were flickering on and off.)

MC: ..!

(MC stood up from her seat and saw glitches hovering in the air.)

(After a while, the statics were gone.)

MC: What.... what was that.....?

(A warm hand suddenly got in contact with MC's right hand.)

Zen: .. M....C....

(MC traced her hand as saw it was Zen's hand palm.)

MC: Z-Zen.....?

MC: (Cried.) Zen! You're awake! You're finally awake!!!!

- to be continued -