VN #83

(MC ran across the streets without even looking back. Jumin's voice constantly rewinding inside her mind. Her eyes turned blurry because of her tears and she slowed herself down. Zen found MC not from far as his footsteps slowed down. He tried to chase after her once more but a sudden feeling struck him for not choosing to do so. He chose to stay behind of MC, looking at her back, his heart ached. No matter how hard he tried to resist that uneasy feeling, his heart would be crushed at any moment to witness how devastating MC was currently in.)

Zen: MC... (Held the bags they bought today and carefully followed MC's back from afar.)

MC: ....... Why does it have to end like this......? This doesn't feel right at all. Jumin.... marrying In Su... and not me.... Do I not belong here? Yeah... It's just a game. A virtual game.... I failed as a main character... I failed too.... miserably........ I...... (Sobbed.) Why... why should I even cry....? It's just a game....! It's just a stupid game!! I... (Cried.) My heart.... it's... so...... painful.....

(MC held her chest tightly as if the beating of the heart became uneven.)

MC: Gasp! I... can't.... br..e..at-! (Gasping for air.)

Zen: ! MC!

(MC's vision shrouded with veil of darkness. The entire place was pitch black and there was no single air to breathe in.)

MC: I... I can't breathe... Where.... where am I...?

(MC felt a slight feeling that lingered around her neck and it choked her.)

???: Finally. Don't worry. You'll be saved from this forever darkness. Restart. And live the life you long desire for.

MC: (Gasped.) Who -?

???: I wish you a good journey. To the afterli- 

???: ..!!!!

???: Ahhhhhhhhhhh! (Let go of MC's neck.)

MC: .... (Inner thought: Am I going to die here...? I can't feel anything anymore.....)

(A small glimpse of light shone in front of her.)

MC: (Inner thought: Is the game... restarting... ?)

(MC's eyelids grew heavier and she slowly dozed off by the warm light. A warm feeling slid past her cheeks and it landed on MC's lips. It stayed for a while.

MC: ... Huh......?

(Winds were entering into her mouth and into her throat. She felt someone was breathing air into her mouth and slowly retracted away. MC slowly opened her eyes but her vision was blurry.)

???: You can't leave yet..... not you, at least....

(The voice was unclear but she felt a sense of security coming from it that she was safe and dozed off.)

- to be continued -