VN #87

WARNING: MINOR SPOILER ALERT FROM ORIGINAL GAME. 

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU HAVE YET COMPLETED ALL ROUTES.

- Flashback to 20 minutes ago -

(707 was busy arranging his hacking documents in his computer while munching a pack full of Honey Buddha Chips.)

707: Those people.... they don't have any idea on how we, hackers, are working our asses off to fulfill your needs...... They should at least grant me sponsorship in building a spaceship... I'll just hack into Naza's system to get a rocket launching permit. Sheesh....

(707 had an incoming message from his phone.)

707: What now.....? More jobs to do....? (Unlocking his phone screen.)

Incoming message: How about I help you in getting the launching permit?

707: (Stood up frantically) WHAT THE HECK!?

???: My, you're quite surprised to see my message~

707: Huh?! That voice -!

(707 turned his back and saw a familiar figure he once knew for a long time.)

Yoosung*: Miss me?

707: Yoosung - ?!?!

707: What are you doing here in my house?! Did you even have my pass code?!

Yoosung*: Are you sure we're in your house right now?

707: !

(707 was now trapped in a black room where Yoosung* was the only person he could see.)

707: Where - what is this place...?

Yoosung*: A fantastic place where you and I are so desperate to go to and I've just brought you here~ You should thank me for once~

707: lololol Yoosung. You don't have that sort of power as far as I know.

Yoosung*: Glad you noticed that, Agent 707. Or... should I say, Choi.Sae.Young.

707: ! How did you know-! MC didn't complete my route yet....!

Yoosung*: You're correct. I'm not the person you spoke of. (Smirked.) In fact, I'm also the person you're dying to find for.

707: ....... Don't tell me... you're.....

Yoosung*: Hold your horses. I do not wish to speak of my real name.

707: Ugh.... What did you do to the real Yoosung.....!?

Yoosung*: Oh~ him? I've killed him.

707: !!! WHAT DID YOU JUST -

Yoosung*: Of course. Not physically. (Pointed at his head.) But mentally. Don't worry. He's just trapped in the program, waiting for someone to save him but I won't allow that to happen since I still need his body. His body is so perfect..... All the anxiety, desperation for someone, guilt..... Those feelings feed me well and he's so vulnerable. (Evil chuckled.) Ahahaha!

707: What is it that you want....? Is there a way for me to exchange Yoosung back....?

Yoosung*: Exchange? Ahaha! You're too naive~! Why should I make a bargain?

707: Ugh...

Yoosung*: (Evil grin.) Aww... I love to see that face of yours. It reminds me of how you are so desperate in reuniting with your brother....

707: HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT HIM?!!?! I'LL TEAR YOUR LIMBS APART IF YOU DARE TO TOUCH HIM!!!

Yoosung*: Oh~ that's interesting~ How about I make a bargain for your brother in exchange for your Yoosung?

707: !!!!

Yoosung*: Ahahahahahahahahahaha! I teased you!!! THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!!

707: Ughh...... how did you know... all of this..... I know you're a virus -

Yoosung*: DON'T EVEN CALL ME THAT!!! (Took a deep breath.) Do you wanna know how I got the info? Look around you~ (Spread his arms widely.) This! Is information! Database!

707: ....! Are you telling me that this is....!

Yoosung*: Indeed. We're now in the core of this ridiculous female oriented dating sim game. All of the data of you, your brother, the RFA, even the most sensitive information about your beloved MC is just right... here...... (Smirked.)

707: ........ So that's why I couldn't find you....

Yoosung*: Correct....! I'm not even in the game.

707: That explains about the strange phenomenon happened in Yoosung, Zen, and Jumin....

Yoosung*: Correct, once again.

707: ..... Why did you bring me here.... Won't you feel scared that I can just hack into this system and delete you once and for all...?

Yoosung*: (Chuckled.) Of course I feel scared~~~~ But.... I bet that you won't even do it right now~

707: .... What do you mean.....?;;;;

Yoosung*: The reason I called you here, I just wanted to tell you a great news~~~

707: What news....?

Yoosung*: (Took a few steps forward to make himself closer to 707.) I. Win. All of the RFA members, and MC, are going to perish here, right now.

707: .....!!!! What are you talking about?! (Annoyed.)

Yoosung*: After 30 seconds, she'll lose her breath and her data will be erased in this system. Once her data is erased.... (Whispered into 707's ear.) You'll know what happens to the database.. Once the blossom tree's core breaks, everything falters... Good luck

707: WHAT!?!?!?

(707 got into his senses and found out not from far, MC was floating in the midair, seeing no signs of her struggling against the lack of oxygen.)

707: MC!!!

(707 ran to MC and he suddenly felt his breath was slowly taken away by the vacuum space.)

707: (Wheezed.) What - !? (Held his throat with both hands as he suddenly figured out that there was no sign of oxygen.)

707: Damn it -

(Without hesitation, 707 marched forward to get MC, even if it took his life. Finally, he got closed to MC and he extended his hands to grab her, sliding his fingers to MC's cheek as he couldn't feel her body warmth. Despite knowing about the consequences of him dying, he let out the remaining breath by breathing into MC's mouth. Bit by bit, he lost his vision and the entire place spun like sitting on a roller coaster. A few seconds later, his eyes gradually opened when lights were gleaming directly into his eyelids. He found himself back into his room but still undergoing a disastrous state for not breathing well. He soon heard a faint voice echoing in his mind despite the sound being hazy.

Vanderwood: Agent 707, I have come over to request for your updates. What the.... Why are you lying on the floor?? Are you slacking off???? Do you wanna get us killed???

(And the scene returns to where 707 found out an exclusive clue on tracking the virus' whereabouts.)

- to be continued -