VN #43

(In Su was waiting for his father's arrival back home.)

Chairman Choi: Oh, In Su. You're back early.

In Su: Good afternoon, daddy.

In Su: I have some matters to discuss with you.

Chairman Choi: Is this about your marriage with Jumin? We've discussed about this already and we have agreed to this.

iI Su: But... daddy -

Chairman Choi: What's all the sudden changes in reconsidering the marriage? Aren't you happy that you're marrying with your long awaited childhood friend since years ago?

In Su: I am... but.. I wish to focus on my career for the time being... My business is still building up and I wish to bring it further to greater success globally.

Chairman Choi: In Su. I've told you this a million times. There's no need for you to venture further into that fashion business of yours. You have our company. Why the bother spending so much time into this ridiculous business things?

In Su: Daddy, how can you say it like this...? I've worked so hard for it........

Chairman Choi: Don't forget about your responsibility as being part of this family. Your task is to get engaged and bring good reputation to our household and to our company.

In Su: Is that all that i'm gonna be? Just a tool to you?

In Su: I really can't do this............

Chairman Choi: ....

Chairman Choi: Assistant Oh.

(Assistant Oh delivered a few stacks of photos to Chairman Choi.)

Chairman Choi: Then how do you explain this?

In Su: ...

Chairman Choi: You already know that girl, right?

In Su: You've been tracking me?

Chairman Choi: Not quite a good phrase to say that I'm tracking you. I've seen you contacted with someone from outside and I thought what were u up to and in turns out that you were spying on that lady who was with Jumin. So, is this your reason for not moving on with the marriage? That's so weak of you. You should've just taken that corporate heir away from her...!

In Su: I'm not being weak, I'm trying to be rational about this -

Chairman Choi: Rational? You call this "rational"? You'll never know what sort of family background that girl has and we can't even dig out any information of her.

In Su: And? What are you going to do? Separate them? And force Jumin to marry me? That's so cruel...

Chairman Choi: You've learnt about this. "Nothing's fair in this world". Haven't you learnt from the mistakes when our business was in bankruptcy? If it wasn't for Chairman Han's help, we would've been sweeping the streets of Seoul!!!!

In Su: And you're repaying back by selling off your daughter to C&R International?!?! I can't believe you would think of that. I'm your daughter!!!

Chairman Choi: CHOI IN SU!

Chairman Choi: Yes, you are my daughter and I am your father who has given you the investment to open up your boutique shops. Who has provided you PR to the public? It's your father who's in front of you who did that!! I can just close up your entire business if I have to.

In Su: ...

Assistant Oh: Mr. Chairman, we need to leave. There's a meeting with the JCD International's CEO at 3 o'clock.

Chairman Choi: (Nodded.) I wish you will think thoroughly about this and I won't cancel off the marriage.

*Chairman Choi left the house.)

In Su: ...

In Su: How could he say something like this.......?

In Su: Jumin... MC.... I'm so sorry....

- to be continued -