VN #111

Vanderwood: Seven, don't just stand there....! What was that just now? That's like a sudden black hole...!

707: Can you just shut up for a minute, Vanderwood...?? I need to think.....

Vanderwood: This is getting out of hand here, we need to stop-

707: What do you mean by stop???? My friends are sucked into that freaking portal!!!

Vanderwood: Dude.... That was a portal? This makes no sense....;;;

707: Everything you see right now doesn't make any sense. (Muttering.) Come on, Seven.... think... Ughh..... I need to get to the laptop to trace the portal....... Damn, it's in the room... I don't have time for that... but MC and the others are still in danger. Why do I feel so useless all of the sudden.......?!?!

Vanderwood: You need to calm down....

707: I can't!! This is all my fault....!! 

(A sudden jolt kicked in and 707's body felt heavy.)

707: ! 

(It felt like 707 was transferred into a vacuum space when Vanderwood suddenly stopped moving. the air went still as well.)

???: Can't believe the hacker is having such a hard time

707: !

(A man in his black jacket and red tank top with heavily accessorized punkish wristlet and choker came to 707's field of vision.)

707: -! You...!

Unknown: I feel like laughing at you.

707: who... who are you?!

Unknown: It's such a pity that your friends are trapped in that place. One wrong move, the entire dimension will be destroyed. Isn't that amazing?

707: How do you know about this?!

Unknown: Oh, I knew this way longer than you think. It seemed that we shared something in common.

707: !!! No one else other than me knew about "that place" before the virus attack....

Unknown: That's why I said you're such a pity. You're the same old kid as usual.

707: Did you.... stop the time here...?

Unknown: I didn't.

707: You're lying...!

Unknown: It's up to you if you choose to believe me or not but, I have a way to save your friends.

707: ! ...How....?

Unknown: There's always a timing when the distortion of space like this happened. Remember how your precious woman fall into that black hole? Yup, you called that the Rombertik virus but it's actually the start of the distortion and viruses are emerging on the surface.

707: ... How did you know... everything about this...??

Unknown: It's a secret.

707: Stop playing with me!

Unknown: (Evil chuckled.) Settle down~ There's no need to rush. You wanna know how to kill that virus once and for all, right? (Waving at a pen drive with his hand.) This is the remedy to everything.

707: Pen drive?

Unknown: Inside are the codes, you idiot.

707: ....... How am I supposed to trust you?

Unknown: (Scoffed.) As if I trust you too.

707: ... Are you that willing to give that pen drive to me?

Unknown: You're smart. I'll give you on one condition. Once the virus is killed, you have to neutralize server with your memory data.

707: What?! You're kidding me!!! 

Unknown: Huh? You're so surprised~~~ The data in this pen drive won't be able to neutralize the entire server for your information. That's why you need additional data to do so, that is, in exchange of your memory.

707: Ugh...... That's... not a fair bargain.

Unknown: There's always something called "give and take". I need a fair price to trade with this valuable item in my hand. Do you wish to save your friends or to save your memories of them when you have regretted not rescuing them because of your selfish acts?

707: ............ I.........

Unknown: Time is ticking.....~ You won't be able to save your friends-

707: ALRIGHT! Fine! I'll accept your... offer.

Unknwon: (Smiled.) Good. (Tossed the pen drive at 707.)

(707 caught it.)

Unknown: Guard it well. You would be able to access to "that place" after this.

707: What do you mean-!?

(When 707 looked at that person after he looked at the pen drive, that person was gone.)

707: ...!? Where... did he go? I.... felt like I've met him before... but... where? Never mind that. I don't have time to test the data in this pen drive... but it's worth the shot if something goes wrong..... 

(A fuzzy portal appeared right before him and he flinched a little.)

707: It's time to end this.

(707 gathered his bravery and entered into that portal. After the portal closed, Unknown reappeared again with traces of glitches on him.)

Unknown: .... Why am I back to here again........? Stupid. Seven oh Seven, this might be the judgement you'll face after abandoning me when I needed you the most. Farewell...

(Unknown went disappear again after his glitches came back to him.)

Vanderwood: ... Why... am I stalling here...? Hmm? Seven??? Where did he go????? Ugh.... it's such pain to search for you...

- to be continued -