I Can Handle Her

We went downstairs in to the dining room and the only seats available was one next to Melissa and across from that seat.

"Come right here Rashawn I saved you a seat." Melissa said.

"Woahhh." Quan, Aaron, and I said at the same time. Dana stopped and smiled at herself.

"Wait what what is it?" She asked.

"Rah doesn't like it when people call him by his government name and I know he told you that Melissa." Dana's father said.

"Yea but I herd Molly say it so I just thought it was okay. I apologize Rah." She said.

He took a deep breath. "Yea whatever." He said going on the opposite side of the seat next to Melissa.

I smiled and sat next to Melissa taking a slice of pizza. "Xavier I noticed you play basketball really well you play for your school?" Dana asked.

"Nah I go to a private school. They don't have teams over there." He replied.

The poor thing.

"Xavier goes to the Wilson Private School, the private school with the highest academic level in the state." Lauren said.

"Ok." I said making the gang laugh. Even Xavier snickered a little.

"Molly." Dana's dad said in a warning tone.

"I'm sorry Ray. Lauren with your children in such high and expensive schools when do they have the chance to live a normal life?" I asked batting my eyelashes.

Ray took a deep breath and sighed. "Well since you did ask Melissa plays lacrosse and Xavier has just joined the Chess team." She said.

"You like chess?" Aaron asked.

"I hate it with a passion." Xavier replied.

"It's cause you haven't learned the concept of the game yet. Don't worry you'll like it." Lauren said.

Xavier just rolled his eyes and continued to eat.

"Well what about y'all. I understand none of y'all are in college so did y'all at least graduate high school with something memorable." Lauren asked.

"I barely passed any of my classes so nah." Quan said making me chuckle.

"I lead my team to their first championship game, made them win, and was awarded with MVP ." I said.

"Wow really? That must mean you're really good at basketball?" Xavier asked.

"She's okay." Rah said making me glare at him and he smiled back.

This caught Melissa's attention. "I'm currently trying to bring my team to the championship." She said.

"Good luck with that y'all lost every game so far." Xavier mumbled.

We all began to snicker. "Enough Xavier." Lauren said.

"Well I graduate high school as salutatorian." Dana said.

"That's my girl." Her father said making her smile.

"What about you Rashawn what did you graduate with?" Melissa asked.

"Valedictorian." He said continuing to eat.

I nearly choked on my pizza crust. "Wow Rah I'm surprised." Lauren said.

"That makes two of us. Why you never told me this?" I asked.

"I told you I graduated with honors." He said.