Are You Okay

I woke up to the sound of footsteps and something falling. When I got up I saw a woman in my room lifting up my suitcase. I looked around the room and saw everything neat and tidy.

"Are you the maid?" I asked she nodded her head.

"Yes. I'm so sorry for waking you up." She replied.

I chuckled and sat up on the bed. "It's no problem I needed to get up anyways." I said.

She just nodded her head. "I'll go now. Everything is clean and I put everything back in your suitcase. I promise you I didn't take anything." She said getting ready to leave.

I only believed her because why would Xavier send me a theft to pack away my stuff. Plus Dana's dad was always good at profiling people.

"Wait a minute." I said getting up and walking to my bag.

"What is it? Do you want me to do something else?" She asked.

"No I just think you deserve a tip." I said. I went in my bag and pulled out $300 handing it to her.

Her eyes got extremely wide. "What is this?" She asked.

"Money duhh. But look you did a good job and this is your tip. By the way I suggest you take it cause I don't take no for an answer." I said
walking back to the bed and sitting.

She looked at the money and back at me still in shock. "You don't understand I've been struggling to feed my kids for a while, I've also been doing overtime but the Mrs. doesn't really tip me. Thank you so much, now my kids can eat well for a long time." She said smiling.

I smiled back. "It's no problem Miss have a nice day." I replied smiling and waving. With that she left with a smile on her face.

"How much did you give?" A voice asked.

I turned around and saw Rah looking at me.

"I thought you were sleeping?" I asked.

"I was but you woke me up. You know I'm a light sleeper anyways." He replied.

I nodded my head. "300 dollars." I said.

"Why did you gave her so much?" He questioned.

I sighed. "I don't know. When I look at her she had that same look I did when I use to work at the barber shop. It's that tired and wore out look from working so dam hard just to earn a little cash to survive. Giving her the $300 was like when you and Quan use to be give me high amounts of tips. I just wanted to help her." I said.

He chuckled and put his arm around me. "Im loving the kind person you are becoming." He said.

"Nigga I'm always kind what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Well not to me." He replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Didn't we have sex yesterday?" I asked.

He got silent and I smiled. "Exactly you can't talk." I said.

He smiled back and pulled me close to him. "I don't wanna go back home. Can't we just stay here and never go back to the hood?" He asked.

"Don't you got a baby mother you gotta worry about?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "Fuck that bitch I been wanted to kill her ass. I swear to god after this baby is born and I find out the results I'm a-"

"Do what? I'm not about to let you kill a bitch that's not even worth killing and then all of a sudden she got her people coming after you and now we gotta strap up with extra protection." I said.