Ratliff.. Jamie.. Riker..

Ratliff P.O.V.

It was a brand new day. I woke up and Jamie was the only one up. She spent the night in Rydel's room. I was tired and didn't really think about what I was doing. I never get up this early because I go to bed late.

"Jamie, can we talk." I asked, spooking her.

"Sure," she said holding her heart.

"Sorry for scaring you." It usually would've made me laugh, but I was in a serious, tired mode. Jamie realized I was serious. She made room for me on the couch.

"This is about three years too late, I know. I want my feelings to be known." I started off.

"I like you, Jamie. I always have. It's hard to see you and Riker together. I always think back to the moment we first met you. Riker ran to the water first and I regret not running with him. I know this may just make things awkward, but I wanted you to know," I said. Jamie looked behind me. Riker and Ross had walked in. I don't know at what point they did. At this point I was awake and alert of what I've done.

"Jamie, want to come get some breakfast?" Ross asked. I knew he was trying to get me and Riker alone. They both left.

"Dude, you should've came to me!" Riker whisper yelled. I saw the anger in his eyes.

"Riker, if I could've hid my feelings, I would've. I couldn't! I feel better just by letting the! be known!" I replied.

"Ratliff, you just stabbed me in the back! I'm in love with her and then you do this!"

"Riker, I know you're mad. I knew you love her, but I didn't know you were in love with her. It still doesn't change the fact that I have feelings for her!" I said. Riker walked out. He is usually calm, but now I know he is mad.

I sat there. Ross walked in.

"Still alive?" he asked kind of laughing.

"Yeah," I sighed," I just wanted to tell her how I felt. Was that too much to do?" Ross sat in the Recliner.

"If I were Riker, I would be mad. If I were you, I would fight for her," Ross said. Gee, that helps me not at all. I looked at him.

"Doesn't help?" I shook my head.

"Riker is pretty mad. What happened?" Rocky walked in. I explained and he sat down.

"What would you do if you were Riker or me?" I asked Rocky.

"If I was Riker, I would step up to the plate and show her that I'm here for you and I want to be with you. Not really, I can just give her the look and she would know, I'm here." He laughed, then added,"If I were you, I would go even stronger than Ratliff. I would want to be heard and known!"

"Thank you!" I said. Jamie walked in.

"Can I talk to Ratliff, alone?'' she asked. Ross and Rocky got up and walked out without a word. I sat down by Ratliff.

"Riker and I had a talk. I told him that when you told me that, something hit me. I don't know what I want." I nodded.

"I know what I want," I said," Or I think I do."

"Ratliff, I thought I knew too. I don't need to think though, I need to know. That's why Riker and I decided to take a break until I know." I looked shocked. It wasn't even 3 o' clock and I started all of this.

"What if neither of us are what you want?'' I asked.

"I have a feeling, what I want is near." Jamie leaned in and I leaned in to kiss.

___________________________________________________________

Riker's P.O.V.

"I cannot believe Jamie did called a break," I said. I was talking to Ross and Rocky when Rydel came downstairs. She went to fix a bowl of cereal. Ross walked behind her.

"Good morning!" she cheered and then Ross whispered something in her ear.

"Riker, I'm sorry. I have to admit, I would do exactly what Jamie is doing," she said.

"You would?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah. For me, it would mean I want to at least have an option. I would want a break. Being engaged or married would be a different story. I think that's all Jamie is doing!" she said.

I don't know if she was serious or just trying to cheer me up, but it worked.

"You sure?" Riker asked.

"Yeah!" she said. Rocky and Ross were smiling.

"Chill Riker. She will be back to you," Rocky said.

"The bad part is that I will see her around the house or with Ratliff. That hurts the most," I said. Rydel gave me a hug.

"Don't worry. Like Rocky said 'she will be back'," Rydel said.