Pond ♥

Jamie's P.O.V.

I got up and I got ready to go to the park. I was excited. I get to hang out with my old best friend, that I dated. Some people would just look at him as an ex boyfriend, but I don't. We used to hang out, a lot. I texted Dylan. We forgot to mention a time.

To Dylan: "What time?"

It was already 10. I get up late sometimes. It was a few minutes before I got a reply.

From Dylan: "In an hour?"

To Dylan: "That's good for me!"

I had to get ready. I went into the bathroom and threw my hair into a ponytail. I did my makeup. I brushed my teeth. I went I yo my room and tried to find something to wear. I threw clothes on my bed and tried to match things up. I finally decided on blue jean shorts with a green shirt that was cut off at your shoulders. It had blue swirls on. I liked it. I looked at the time and 45 minutes at gone by. I thought I could tall to Nicole.

Today, was one of her many days off that she takes. I called for her. I looked in her room and she wasn't there. I looked outside and her car was gone. I wanted to ask her if I should go though with this. It's too late now. I have to go. I got into my car and headed off to the pond. I listen to R5 on the way. Hearing Riker's voice made me smile.

I pulled into the park and walked over to the pond. Dylan was sitting on a bench, so I decided to spook him. I walked up behind him.

"Boo!" I yelled. He jumped and turned around. I laughed while his face was red from being scared and embarrassment.

"Gosh, Jamie. You haven't changed," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"You sure about that?" I asked and nodded. I kind of laughed. I have changed. I've gotten more mature, not that he can tell by me scaring him.

"How have you been?" He asked. I don't know why. My life with Riker is all in magazines.

"Really good. Do you remember Nicole?" I asked. She was my best friend for a long time before I met Dylan, but she was younger than me.

"Yeah! She was always around," he said. I laughed. That's true.

"Yeah, she still is," I said. I'm glad she was. If she wasn't I wouldn't have met Riker.

"How have you been?" I asked him.

"Well, I've dated some girls. None that lasted more than a month. My heart told me to come back here," he said. He looked at me and I looked at the pond.

"Look at that duck!" I tried to change the subject, but I don't know much about ducks.

"Jamie," Dylan said and grabbed my hand. I turned back to look at him.

"I know, I may be too late. I just want you to know I never stopped thinking about you," he said. In my mind, I was saying so many things.

That's because we were best friends. I'm with Riker. I don't want to be more than friends with you.

I had to say something. I looked like and idiot, if I didn't. I tried to get something out. I couldn't. I got up and walked to my car. I turned it on and drove. I was trying to head home. The reason I was heading home was not because of what Dylan just said. I realized that he was gone for a couple years and came back, for me. Riker and I have been dating for almost 4 years and we haven't even talked about commitment. We haven't talked about the future. I was fine with living in the present, but I want to know something about the future. I pulled into my driveway. I just sat in mg car. My phone was blowing up from Dylan. I didn't know what to say, so I turned off my phone and took it inside. I threw it onto my bed. I sat on my bed. I wasn't thinking, I just sat there.

___________________________________________________________

Riker's P.O.V.

I woke up. I walked downstairs and Rocky and Nicole were hanging out.

"Where's Jamie?" I asked.

"She was asleep. I didn't want to wake her up," Nicole said. I nodded and fixed a bowl of cereal. I ate it. I sat in the living room with Ross.

"How's Madison?" I asked Ross. He shrugged.

"We haven't talked in a week," Ross said. Madison was Ross' girlfriend who had to go out of town for about 4 months, with her parents.

"You need to call or something," Ratliff said walking I to the room. Ratliff thought he gave the best love advice. I held back a laugh. Rydel walked in and grabbed Ratliff from behind. It was weird seeing them together. I cringed when they kissed. They were perfect for each other though. I got up and walked up to my room. It was around lunch time, 1. I wanted to see if Jamie would want to go. I called her. She didn't pick up. I called her house and she picked up.

"Hello," she said.

"Hey, want to get some lunch?" I asked.

"Sure," she said.

"I'll come pick you up," I said and hung up. I threw on some clothes and didn't say bye to no one. They probably knew what I was doing, anyway. I got into my car and drove to Jamie's. When I arrived, I got out and knocked on the door. She answered. She was wearing a blue, loose top with white shorts. I smiled.

"You look great," I said.

"You do, too,"she said. I grabbed her hand walked her to the car. We got in and I had an idea on where to take her. We went to Olive Garden. We were sitting at the table.

"What's wrong?" I asked Jamie. She seemed distant.

"Nothing," she smiled. I knew better.

___________________________________________________________

Dylan's P.O.V.

I felt like a complete idiot. She is with Riker and she is happy. I still cannot believe I did that.

Why? Did I think I could get her? She has been with him for years.

I sighed. I regret moving back. The day went by slow. It was about 10 pm. I decided to lay down in bed. I usually stay up to 12, but tonight was a no. I checked my phone one last time.

I had a text from Jamie.

I was nervous to read it. There were multiple things she could've said. Don't talk to me. Leave me alone. I hate you. You should go back to Nevada.

I opened it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Then, I read it.

(a/n- Sorry this short. Most of my chapters will be short unless it's a weekend. I don't like school. What does her text say? Care to make a guess?)