Reveal

Nicole's P.O.V.

It had been a couple days, since Rydel and I found out what the gender of the baby was. Today, was the surprise gender reveal. We were at my house setting up.

"I'm going to go pick up the cake," I told Rydel. She was busy decorating for the reveal party that was tonight.

"Okay. How long will you be gone?" Rydel asked.

"I shouldn't be long. I should be back in about thirty minutes," I said.

"Kay! I'll have up a good but of the decorations by then! Be careful!" Rydel said.

"Bye!" I said as I closed the door. I got in my car and buckled. I shuffled through my purse, looking for my phone. I found it under an empty pack of gum. I called Rocky and drove to the store.

"Hey, what's up?" he answered.

"Hey. Are you on the way to the airport?" I asked.

"No, but I'm about to leave," Rocky said.

"Rocky!" I whined.

"I promise I will get there before the plane lands," he said.

"Your parents land in thirty minutes. Jamie's land fifteen minutes after," I said.

"You got this down," Rocky said.

"I'm in charge of the guests, which is just family, parent arrival, and getting the cake," I said.

"Well, you did good," he said.

"Thanks. Look, I'm at the store. Call me when you are headed back," I said.

"Okay, love you," Rocky said.

"Love you, too. Bye," I said and hung up. I parked my car and went into the store. I walked to the back of the bakery. A lady behind the counter greeted me.

"Hello, how may I help you?" she asked.

"I'm picking up for Lynch," I said. Rydel ordered the cake. The lady smiled with a nod and walked to the back. She came back with a cake. It was white with orange around the side. She set it on the counter and I read what it said, "It's a..."

"I love it," I said.

"I do too," the lady said. I paid for it and left. I walked out to my car and set it in the passenger seat. I got in the drivers seat and drove home. When I got home, I grabbed the cake and took it inside. When I walked in, Rydel was beginning to put up the "It's a..." sign.

"Cake!" I cheered. Rydel put down the sign and looked back at me.

"How do you like it?" she asked.

"I love it," I said. I set it on the counter and she walked over and looked at it.

"I thought orange was a unisex color and wouldn't give much away," Rydel said.

"Good choice," I said.

"Can you help me put up the sign?" Rydel asked.

"Sure," I said. I walked over and we began to put up the sign.

"Is Rocky at the airport?" she asked. Rydel climbed the step stool.

"I don't know. I called him when I was leaving to go get the cake, and he was about to leave," I told her,

"I hope he can handle this simple task."

"I do, too. Your parents land in less than ten minutes," I said.

"We could've counted on Ellington, but I didn't think about it and sent Ross and him to get food. Oh well," Rydel said. We finally got the sign up. We worked a little more for an hour before my phone rang. I answered, knowing it was Rocky.