Riker..

Jamie's P.O.V.

I barely slept that night. How could I? I woke up yo the smell of pancakes. Again? I jumped up and ran to the table. Nicole smiled at me. She didn't say anything, but set down the plates.

"My birthday was two days ago!" I said. I started eating before she could take my plate away, which she would do.

"I know," she said and ate her pancakes. I was very confused. She usually just makes these on my birthday.

"Why?" I asked. She didn't answer, but she took her plate.

"After yesterday, I felt bad that Rydel and I kind of ruined your day by bringing up that." I looked at my finger. My ring was on it. I was so stressed out yesterday that I forgot I was engaged. I smiled. Nicole was walking into the kitchen.

"Nicole," I said, stopping her. She turned around.

"Should I tell Riker?" I asked. I took my plate and walked I to the living room, Nicole following. We both sat on the couch. She was quiet for a second and then answered.

"What do you want to do?" she asked. I looked up at the ceiling. I looked back at her letting pit a sigh.

"I want to not worry!" I said. She bit her lip and thought again.

"You need to decide," she said.

"What would you do?" I immediately asked. She sighed.

"I would tell him, if I was engaged. If I wasn't, I would wait!" she said. I gave her a hug.

"In person?" I asked. She nodded. She got up and went to get ready to go over and hang out with Rocky.

"Can I go with you?" I asked. She looked back and nodded. I went to my room and got dressed. I slipped on white skinny jeans with a dark blue tank top and converse. I met Nicole at the door. We walked out to her car and got in. We were pulling out of the driveway and asked me a question.

"You're gonna do it?" she asked while checking the road and pulled out.

"Yeah," I said. I didn't say anything else because she didn't ask me anything else.

"You'll be a surprise to Riker for two reasons. He doesn't know you're coming and what you're about to tell him," Nicole said. I rolled my eyes, where she couldn't see. We had arrived and she took the keys put of ignition. A wave of regret washed over me. Why did I even come? I got out. I wanted to jump back in the car. I forced myself to walk to the door. Nicole knocked and Rydel answered the door. Her hair was in a messy bun.

"Hey!" she cheered. Rocky knew she was talking to Nicole, so he rushed over and pulled her over to talk. I don't even know where they went after that. Rydel looked at me.

"Well, how are you?" she asked. I pushed her a little.

"Relax. Riker and Ratliff went to go get breakfast and bring it back here," she said. I took a deep breathe.

"I'm fine. Do you know when you can take a test?" I asked because I wanted, no needed, to know. She shook her head.

"Sorry," she said and shrugged. We walked into the living room. We had passed Ross, Rocky, and Nicole in the kitchen.

"Where's Ryland?" I had to ask.

"He is going up to Colorado with mom and dad," she said then added,"he left this morning, early this morning. That's why Riker and Ross are bringing back breakfast." She dropped the conversation. She didn't sound sad or mad. She poked my stomach.