Hospital.

Jamie P.O.V.

Once the doctor said that she had good news and bad news, I didn't know what to expect. It could be a whole list of things. I didn't bother to glance and see how Riker was taking it. If I saw him worrying, I would would worry more.

"Which do you want to hear first?" Dr. Goldie asked. That was when I looked at Riker.

"The good news," Riker said.

"The good news is that you won't miss the birth of your son," Dr. Goldie said to Riker.

"It was Braxton Hicks contractions. It's the body's way of preparing for the real thing," Dr. Goldie continued. I felt a moment of relaxation, but I remembered there was still bad news to be heard.

"What about the bad news?" Nicole asked. She hadn't spoken up, since I skyped Riker.

"There is actually two bad news," Dr. Goldie said. I felt like she was stalling. I was dreading to here it.

"Well, you won't have your baby today. That's one. The other is you will be on bed rest because your Braxton Hicks were so early. It would he best for you to take it easy. Do you have the baby room and everything ready?" she asked.

"Yeah. We got everything set up a while back. I'm glad we did. Jamie can relax now," Riker said.

"Good, good!"'Dr. Goldie said, "I'll let you get dressed. I'll be back in a minute." She left the room.

"That was a close call," Riker said.

"Very close," I said. There was a short sigh from the both of us.

"I'll be home in two days. Can Jackson wait that long?" Riker asked.

"I sure hope so," I said.

"I'll call you later," Riker said. He had a tired look on his face.

"Okay. Love you," I replied.

"I love you and Jackson. See you soon," Riker sighed. He had a smile on his face though. I closed the laptop.

"Need help getting dressed?" Nicole asked.

"I think I got it," I said. I got out of bed and got dressed. I sat back in the bed.

"Dr. Goldie better hurry up," I said.

"Mhm. I'm glad that Jackson is holding off on coming," Nicole said.

"I would love to meet him today, but not without his daddy being here. Plus, he would be here early. We don't want that," I dragged out.

"Knock, knock," Dr. Goldie opened the door and knocked at the same time.

"Hey," I said.

"Everything is good for you to go. Remember to stay in bed. Don't even go to the store. Have someone go for you," she said.

"I'll do that," Nicole said. Dr. Goldie nodded.

"Hopefully, next time I see you, you might be having a baby," she said.

"I'll see you soon," she said. She left with the door open. We grabbed my bags and left.

I thought that I would be leaving here with my baby, but it turns out that I will have to wait a little longer.

I rather walk in with Riker has a family of two, and leave with Jackson as a family of three, any day.

______________________________________________________________

Riker's P.O.V.

I closed the laptop with the biggest sigh of relief ever.

My baby boy wasn't going to be born today.

I got up and walked out of the hotel room and into the other. I looked at everyone who looked at me with a nervous look. I had a blank expression on my face, but broke into a smile.

"It was false labor," I cheered. Rydel was the one to come over and hug me.

"I'm so glad! I would've felt guilty if he was born today," Rydel revealed. She had a tear escape her eye.

"I know how much being there means to you. This is the best news ever," she said. I hugged her so tight, but I had no words.

"I was going to leave tonight, if he was on his way. All the flights were sold out, but I was going to find my way," I said.

"I'm happy for you," Ratliff said. I nodded slightly.

"I think that I need some air," I said. I was still trying to calm down.

Today was so real. I was so close to becoming a dad. It hadn't hit me at how close this was until what happened today. I want to be the best father that I can be for Jackson. If he was born today, I would be off to a bad start because of the band. The band was something that I didn't think that I would give it up for anyone, even Jamie. I was going to try and make it work. It has to.

Rydel interrupted my train of thought.

"Riker," she said. It spooked me. I turned around from looking over New York.

"Yeah?" I asked. She walked over to me. She gave me a hug again.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too," I said.

"You seemed uneasy. I wanted to make sure you were okay." I smiled.

"I'm fine," I assured her.

(a/n- Breath of fresh air or nah? I wasn't going to let the baby be born without Riker. This story is coming so close to ending. I'm going to miss writing it. I love you guys!! Also, I check & this story has over 1.2k readers! I love you guys, but you're all ghost readers. Haha! Don't forget to comment & vote! It would mean the world to me to know that I'm not just writing & posting for nothing. Haha! Love you guys!)