Mom.. Dad?

Riker's P.O.V.

We walked inside and our mom and dad weren't home.

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked. Everyone looked our way.

"They took off on a vacation. Out of nowhere, they came downstairs and left. They told us it was going to be a long vacation, but they didn't give us an exact time frame," Rydel said.

"Do you know where they went?" Rocky asked. Ross nodded.

I looked at him.

"I over heard them. They went Colorado. They want to move back," Ross said.

"Why didn't you tell us, right after they left?" Rydel asked. Ross shrugged.

"I don't know," he said.

"I don't want to move," Rocky said. Nicole hugged him. Jamie and I sat down on the love seat.

"We aren't," Ross said. Everyone looked at him.

"Tell us what you know!" Ratliff got aggravated.

"They are moving back, and we are staying," Ross said.

"Why?" Jamie asked.

"I don't have a clue," he said. We all just sat there. The TV was on, but no one was watching it. It got late, so Ross went to his room. Soon, Jamie and I went to my room. I don't know when Rocky, Nicole, or Ratliff went to bed.

___________________________________________________________

Jamie's P.O.V.

The next morning, we woke up.

"Morning," Riker smiled at me.

"You got up early," I looked at the time and it was almost 7. Riker laughed. I got up.

"Let's go eat," Riker said. I was hungry. We walked downstairs to eat breakfast. Rydel had cereal out.

"I would've fixed breakfast, but I don't feel good," Rydel said. She sounded sick. We made cereal and ate it. Rydel went back to bed. Nicole, Rocky, and Ratliff came downstairs. They made cereal and we put our bowls up. Ross was in the living room, he woke up about the same time with Rydel. Riker and I headed into the living room.

"Hey, Ross," I said.

"Hey," he said, still watching TV. Riker sat beside him.

"It's weird not having mom and dad here. I miss Mom's French toast," Ross said.

"It hasn't even been a day, Ross," Riker said. I held back a giggle. Rocky soon followed in the living room with Nicole.

"I miss the bacon!" he said jumping on the couch. Nicole sat beside me. She laughed, which made my giggle burst.

"Y'all need to learn how to make that stuff," I said.

"I've actually tried to make some, when mom was sick,' Ross said.

"Try tomorrow and pretend like she is sick," Rocky ordered. Ratliff walked in.

"Is Rydel really sick?" he asked.

"She sounded sick," I said. Nicole looked at me.

"What if she was pretending?" she asked. I looked at her. Riker looked at me and I looked at him.

"We'll go talk to her," Nicole said, offering me. I was glad because I didn't want to say 'me too' and her not want me to come. We got up and went to Rydel's room.

___________________________________________________________

Rydel's P.O.V.

I couldn't go to sleep that night. I don't want my parents in a different state, or a different house. I like having them right upstairs. I heard a knock on the door.

"Rydel, can we come in?" Jamie asked. I don't know whose with her.

"Sure," I said. Her and Nicole walked in. They sat on the foot of my bed. I was laying down.

"How are you feeling?" Nicole asked.

"Sick," I said. Jamie giggled a little.

"I figured," she said. I half smiled.

"Want something to drink?" Nicole asked. I didn't want anything. I shook my head.

"Look, Rydel, are you really sick?" Jamie asked.

"No, I just feel bad," Rydel said.

"We had to move out at one time. Its hard," Nicole said.

"You guys have each other," I said.

"And you have your brothers and Ratliff. Its a learning process, but it will be a fun process," Jamie said. I smiled. They were right. I sat up.

"You're right," I said. I can't change anything. We got up and left to go back downstairs.

___________________________________________________________

Jamie's P.O.V.

They have never had to live on their own before. I kind of feel bad for them. It's going to be a fun challenge.

When we got downstairs, Riker had just hung up the phone. He had talked to Stormie and Mark.

"Well?" Rocky asked.