2

2-POSSESSIVE

                     By the time the lunch bell had sounded, I was out the room and to the library. I needed to do the project, taking out my Global 4 book and my Finding Alaska book of my locker. I close the locker and make my way to the library, Its kind of like my second home. I spend most of my free time there instead of going to lunch. Walking up the gray stairs that lead to the library, I see a few faces that send me quick glances but he go back to talking-ignoring my presence completely.

I bite my lip tucking my head down, I walked into the library placing my stuff on the table. Before I start my project I wanted to start my new John Green book but I have to start this project. My heart took the place of common sense, licked my finger and turned the page of the book. I was so engrossed in the book I didn't keep track of time and I also didn't realize that the chair in front of me had been pulled out.

I slowly lift my head from the book when someone said something. "Have you eaten?" Levi asked me, looking at me scanning my face. I sighed and opened the book back open. "Why are you ignoring me? I asked you a question.

Levi was a scary person, he was also persistent. I don't want to be around him-To be quite frank I don't like him. He just gives off this vibe, he also makes me feel like crap without even realizing it. He's bringing out my true self, I'm a monster- Not literally. He just puts me in this state of mind.

"What's it to you?" I said gruffly looking down at my book. I could easily tell he was watching me.

He leaned back in his chair."You don't like me." He stated, that was true I didn't like him. But I'm not the type of person to throw insults at people I don't like and plus he hasn't even done anything to me but make me cry.

"No not really, don't take offense to it" I assured him still not looking up, I read another line when my book was ripped out of my hands and replaced with a tin foiled sandwich and a bottled water. "I'm not hungry."

He placed my book on his lap and leaned his hand on his face watching me with his dark blue orbs. "Your not getting this book back until you finish that sandwich."

"I'm not hungry."I fired back at him, I turned my head and realized that a girl was standing there. She looked at me with hopeful eyes.

She smiled a toothy grin. "Can I borrow a pencil?" She asked, I thought about it. I only had one, and I did need it for my project. The girl had ginger hair and brown eyes- I noticed her face was layered in makeup. I guess she was pretty popular, maybe we could become friends.

"Sure! Here" I passed her the pencil." And maybe we cou-" She turned her back to ran off to her group of friends at the other side of the library. I smiled sadly, she didn't even say thank you.

Levi had anger and boredom on his expression." Your so naive, you couldn't see she was using you." I'm just wondering he is still here, he seemed to be so relaxed. Like were close friends, I don't want him as a friend.

I rolled my eyes." It was just a pencil, it's not like she asked me for 3 grand." The sandwich was calling my name, I was starving bug I didn't bring any money to buy lunch.

"Yeah but that was your only pencil, now what are you going to use, dummy." Yeah he had a point, but I can get over it. Its just a pencil, they can be replaced for a dollar. Real friends can't be bought, you just have to try and try until you run out of dollars. If losing a pencil takes to make a friend then so be it.

I sighed into my hand."If it means making a friend then a pencil is a pencil." I honestly don't know why I am talking to him. I guess he hasn't taken the hint that I don't want to be friends with him. 

He seemed be in deep thought that he didn't care to wipe the black hairs from his face. He seemed to be battling himself, in thought. When he didn't reply to me I got up to see if they had book I wanted to read, since my former book had me taken by Levi. I gasped in surprise when I saw a kitten under the book case.

Dust had scattered all over the library, keeping the air stiff and heavy but breathable. The abandoned spider webs collected on the bookcases, litter left by the obnoxious students that rarely come up here." Hi kitty? You want to come out from there?" It meowed at me, wanting to be vicious but failed. 

I bent down trying to lead it out, but my foot lost its footing trying to hold my self up I grab the book case. Big mistake, the whole thing starts to fall on me and the poor kitten. I close my eyes waiting for the impact but it never came- Nothing but a hard chest on my back blocking the books from hitting me. My heart was rushing, my hands was cupped to the kitten not wanting to let go.

 My lip was still trembling from the shock." Are you alright Hadley?" A worried voice came from Levi, the boy who just save me.

He could have gotten hurt, why did he do that? I haven't done anything to but hurt his feeling, make him cry and shut him down numerous times. I am a monster, I just hurt everything that comes my way. "You could gotten hurt! Why did you do that? Are you okay?" I asked him turning around, the book case was still being held up by him. 

Our faces were so close, He was watching  me staring at me in confusion."Hadley I'll do anything for you, why do you seem so confused? I told you this once and I'll say it again until you understand completely. Your mine, and I protect anything that's mine." 

My heart pounded, I looked everywhere but his eyes."Did you get hurt?" He was about shake his head but I noticed a bruise on his wrist."Oh damn, I'm sorry. Here let me help." I pushed the bookshelf up. He grabbed his wrist and looked at me in awe.

"Thank you."

****

I ended sitting and gulping down the water and sandwich. He forced me to eat it then we will go to the nurse-That was the compromise. I kept on refusing and wanting to get him to the nurse as soon as possible but he's to damn stubborn.

I took my last bite and jumped up. The kitten was nestled in my lap, I cooed it and gave it to the librarian. After the whole bookcase incident I found out she kitten was the librarians. "Come on let's go get your wrist checked out." 

I smiled as he got up from the chair without another word, I feel horrible for him to get hurt because on me. I walked in front of him, looking at my feet. For some reason the air got awkward.

I let out a dry cough as I turned a corner. The bell had rung and students dispersed into the hallways. Grabbing Levi's hand I pull him in the nurses office not wanting extra attention to myself. I have had enough of that for today.

I looked around the nurses office not seeing her, so I decided I could help him out myself. I grabbed a shake ice pack, I cracked it and made Levi hold it on his wrist. I looked in the cabinet for gaze to wrap and support his wrist.

"It looks like you got a splinter in the bruise that's probably why its swelling and turning so red. I need to take it out and disinfect it to get rid of the inflammation." I said walking up to him, carefully grabbed his arm and carefully pulled out the piece of wood. "Its gonna sting a bit." I said as he winced.

He chuckled." Thanks for the warning." I bit my lip focusing on cleaning it. Once this done I'll have my life back, I'll make him leave me alone. I don't need him in my life, it will on cause destruction.

I began to wrap it not looking in his eyes, but I could tell he was looking at me. "Hadley? Hadley look at me." Authority clear in his voice.

I shook my head." I need to get this done." I carried on wrapping it until there was no more. But next thing I knew I was being swiftly pushed up against the wall of the office.

"Give me two weeks, let me drive you home everyday from school." I was going to deny but his face was so close to mine I lost my voice." Please Hadley then I'll leave you alone after that."

I bit my lip finally meeting his eyes." Ok"

**********************************************

HIIIIIIIIIIII guiseeeeeee!!!!!!! Thanks for voting and commenting it meant alot. And since we met our goal.... drum roll please. A new chapter, ha your welcome. I love you guys so much! keep on voting if you like and commenting your thoughts. and if you don't mind, could you pretty please hit that follow button.

Goal- 10 votes, 5 comments.